AFLW AFLW Fantasy

Remove this Banner Ad

Gonna trade out Ellie sadly, been zero news on her injury since Thursday, but just mulling over whether to bring in a single game or another DGW player, the other realistic DGW ins for this week are Pritchard/Drennan/Roberts/Davey/Lewis etc, i'm just reluctant to bring in one just for the sake of it. If I had to bring in one it'd be someone like Roberts

Have the four already (Thomas/Bonicci/Anderson/Ruby)

Last edited:
She'll probably score as much as some DGW mids.
I've had this thought. You kinda have to have her for her DGW but the other weeks she might still be a better captain option than some players playing two games in a week.

Scouring the dogs team looking for where Ellies points go. Trouble with them not being that good is the points aren't guaranteed to go anywhere. Blackburn worked hard for her points.

Fitzgerald got a points boost on the weekend (double RD1&2 scores)
$569k and has dropped $261k on her starting price. I like the bargains. Would be good for the two quick price rises, then on trade to next week's double up with low break even. After 4 weeks, that pick should increase in value to a top line mid.

Caruthers similar price, but has already increased $172k. Would have been a good starting pick.

Then of course Pritchard but $1.08m there.

Scouring the dogs team looking for where Ellies points go. Trouble with them not being that good is the points aren't guaranteed to go anywhere. Blackburn worked hard for her points.

Fitzgerald got a points boost on the weekend (double RD1&2 scores)
$569k and has dropped $261k on her starting price. I like the bargains. Would be good for the two quick price rises, then on trade to next week's double up with low break even. After 4 weeks, that pick should increase in value to a top line mid.

Caruthers similar price, but has already increased $172k. Would have been a good starting pick.

Then of course Pritchard but $1.08m there.
Fitzgerald has been playing off HB, FYI

I might cash out O'Dowd and Hosking to cheap rookies and upgrade Breed > Bonnici plus leave $280k ITB for an Allen > Sheerin upgrade next week.

Reckon I'll field Hartill this week, O'Dowd's & Breeds BE's are getting high enough to warrant changing them out.

Using more funds on my forwardline which means that i cant afford Bonnici but i will go Davey instead. Full backline with the double. Pretty happy with the look of my team now. Ive got Anderson with the captaincy, even Noffy cant beat 2 games worth of scores on a single game....she could come close though :p

Screenshot 2024-09-16 at 6.11.22 pm.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's tough to work out the best option out of Conway, Davey, Drennan and Roberts. Just pick and hope.
I've gone Davey and Drennan in for Ellie and Bonicci, Conway is a winger/fwd, and Roberts can be inconsistent and is in that mid/fwd role which isn't Fantasy friendly. Drennan's 34 against the Dons was an outlier, played out of the middle for some reason, but the other night and Week 1, she's scored real well, espically as she's back to being one of the lead mids rather than the fourth in line she dropped to at the Suns.

I've gone Davey and Drennan in for Ellie and Bonicci, Conway is a winger/fwd, and Roberts can be inconsistent and is in that mid/fwd role which isn't Fantasy friendly. Drennan's 34 against the Dons was an outlier, played out of the middle for some reason, but the other night and Week 1, she's scored real well, espically as she's back to being one of the lead mids rather than the fourth in line she dropped to at the Suns.
I've brought Conway in as I can see her kicking a few against WC and especially WB, but also because her fitness is mint which will serve her well backing up - she arguably covers the ground as well as anyone in the league. Also the gap between her floor and ceiling is pretty low, so she's a reasonably safe option. She'll probably go out for Hatchard the following week.

1241 with a donut in FAN - overall rank of 539
1188 in Bolter - overall rank of 146

8 DGW players in FAN
View attachment 2112349
omg, 8 players. I only have 5. I'm so behind. Had to use my trades to fix up Hosking and 2 downgrades to get some cash. It's still not much cash left over, so not sure if I'll only be able to get 1 of Riddell/Garner or will require another downgrade next week.

omg, 8 players. I only have 5. I'm so behind. Had to use my trades to fix up Hosking and 2 downgrades to get some cash. It's still not much cash left over, so not sure if I'll only be able to get 1 of Riddell/Garner or will require another downgrade next week.
dont think it matters how many you have, just means you'll have more on other weeks as long as you're not trading DGW players before hand.

dont think it matters how many you have, just means you'll have more on other weeks as long as you're not trading DGW players before hand.
The one thing I would say, though, is it's ideal to have three players with DGs this week that you're willing to trade out next week for players yet to have their DG. Otherwise, you are leaving some points on the table.

Ideally, you want to be trading in 9 extra DGs in rounds 5-7. We'll probably all be forced into some suboptimal moves over the next 4 weeks, but 9 extra scores is the goal.

I've got 5 on-field DGs this week. I'm happy to trade any of them next week except for Thomas.

The one thing I would say, though, is it's ideal to have three players with DGs this week that you're willing to trade out next week for players yet to have their DG. Otherwise, you are leaving some points on the table.

Ideally, you want to be trading in 9 extra DGs in rounds 5-7. We'll probably all be forced into some suboptimal moves over the next 4 weeks, but 9 extra scores is the goal.

I've got 5 on-field DGs this week. I'm happy to trade any of them next week except for Thomas.
Ideally, this is the plan, but might depend on how much money I have to facilitate the trades. For example, I may have to do 1 downgrade to a rookie that doesn't have the DGW to get the money to bring in 2 players in the DGW. Then I'm only bringing in 2 players, instead of 3. Depends which rookies are expected to make cash.

Comes down to the mix too, I've got 4 Def, 2 Mid and a Ruck, but 2 of those are rookies (Ruck & Def) and 2 poor scoring Defenders (Allen & Schleicher)
So not a huge amount of scoring power even with 7 DGW players.
Playing the BE game, so hopefully a bit of cash gen this week.

Remove this Banner Ad

AFLW AFLW Fantasy

Remove this Banner Ad

Back