AFLW AFLW Fantasy

Remove this Banner Ad

1704 incldung 6 DGWs.

Up to 134 in the rankings, but the bottom end of my team is an absolute disaster. I've got 3 DNPs on the bench and Cleaver scored a five today. I've got Pauga at F5 and Buttifant at D5. Her two combined scores came in 10 points shy of Beatty's 37. My D is still better than my F where I've got Pauga's 4 at F5, with McKee and Ella Smith not playing on the bench.

My plans had been to get rid of Anderson, Campbell and Hodder after this week - none of whom went nearly as well as I'd hoped. Now, who knows? The top end of the team is obviously good and has carried me a long way, but I'm leaking so many points at the bottom end with no obvious fix.

1349 on Bolter. If the rankings are accurate, that puts me in 12th overall. I would have been 6th for the round if not for the ill-fated Cronin-to-Remmos trade. My weekly ranking so far this year on Bolter:

R1: 251
R2: 4
R3: 14
R4: 14

I opted to 'fix' Cronin rather than move Cleaver to Fiedler. Oops. So I'm in a similar position with a lack of cash gen on the bench, but less holes on the field, particularly up forward. Again, no idea what I'm going to do, but at least I've got longer to think about it.

Yeah, I get that, Di Donato, Hartill (fielded her after trading O'Dowd to Fiedler) and Drennan were all cash plays. Garner, Riddell and Sheerin will come in this week to partner O'Loughlan (if she's not rubbed out) Tripodi and Conti as well as fielding Finn (hoping for a dry day). Pretty much playing the premo shuffle.
Imagine bringing in 3 big guns with 3 trades.

1519, missing the Bonnici out, Pauga and Tighe made for a painful week. What exactly happened with Pauga? None of this much-vaunted midfield time this week?

1519, missing the Bonnici out, Pauga and Tighe made for a painful week. What exactly happened with Pauga? None of this much-vaunted midfield time this week?
Looked to the eye that they shuffled things around due to Barr being out. I was hoping Pauga might benefit, but it looked like Goldsworthy took the Barr role and Pauga just ended up on whichever wing the ball wasn't on the rare occasions she was on the ground.

I'll have to watch the game back, couldn't tell what the hell was going on with the Henson grandstand being roped off and trying to manage the kids. But yeah, didn't look like it.

Last edited:
Probably not relevant to anyone, but could have DGW week implications, McKenzie got off at the tribunal, downgraded to a fine.

How is this still not open? I have unresearched, risky, dumb rage trading to do.
Probably struggling to calculate the prices for DGW players

Probably struggling to calculate the prices for DGW players
I hope they aren’t making it up as they go… shouldn’t be any harder than normal if you had solid rules beforehand

I feel sorry for the various podcasts, going to be difficult for them to record & be listened to during the “trade window” this season.

I hope they aren’t making it up as they go… shouldn’t be any harder than normal if you had solid rules beforehand
I don't think anything is being made up as they go but I do get the impression that it is a different team handling AFLW fantasy and they might not be around all of the coding. Pure guess on my part but AFL Classic figured out best 18 ad bye rounds fairly quickly but AFLW Fantasy is still closed.

For those in the SCS v BF league:

Going to use three metrics this season so there will be no tie
- I have put TSO (Tso1967) into the BF side to even up the numbers (a slight oversight on my behalf)

• League top scorer: Maaz Rovers The Flying Belgian (BF)
  • League H2H leader: Maaz Rovers (BF)
  • Overall site total score (BF)

Also a congrats on the team in the top 100 !!

1727058800860.png

Last edited:
Davey a massive fail. Makes trades much harder this week.

Have to roll the dice on Houghton since too many players (Anderson, Davey, Pauga) lost cash and she's what I can afford.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Moving Pauga on along with Goody and Pritchard. Bringing in Garner and a 300k mid means some wiggle room with Pauga but best I think is Ivey? I'm still rocking 3 DNPs though on the bench in McCormick Smith and McLaughlin. Maybe I fix those up and just suck up this double game week as an it is what it is...

Davey, Pauga & Schilling > O'Loughlin, Bacon & Chaplin

Garner (c), Finn, Beatty, Goody, T.brown & Brennan with the double on field. Bacon could become someone else but if she retains her position in the side (which we will know by tonight) then maybe she can make some cash. With this team, i have exactly $0 in the bank too

Screenshot 2024-09-23 at 4.05.32 pm.png

I am wondering whether its more worhtwhile trading premiums in and out based on their double game round or if i do what im currently planning and chasing the cash with the aim of having a much better team after the double games.

Its a case of points now vs points later i think. Not sure whether my strategy is best :huh:

Remove this Banner Ad

AFLW AFLW Fantasy

Remove this Banner Ad

Back