Game Day AFLW Round 7, 2024: West Coast vs Hawthorn

Remove this Banner Ad

10am start, get around the girls early.

Looking at a tough game today, but some big ins and a much more mobile approach to the ruck could jumpstart things. Need to win the footy out of the middle to have any chance.

Hawks have been phenomenal this year, win this and they move into first, so just hoping that we can hang around long enough to do something ridiculous at the end.

Playing for Tom Barrass Cup?

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

Will be happy to be competitive, probably going to be a good game for our young backline to gain valuable experience against a potent Forwardline. Although I was overall disappointed with our loss last week, it was encouraging to see Cleaver show some, Zakfer is looking gooooood, schillo is looking gooooood and they're all 20 and under. I really feel for our younger players trying to develop in a key Forward role when we have so few games in a season, and so few opportunities to learn their craft in this league, especially without elite supply out of the midfield. I feel like Lakfer's development is being hamstrung a bit tbh.

I'd like to see Roberts on ball all day.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nobody but ourselves to blame, really. Gibbo, Western, Ella, Bakker and others all fumbled or spilled marks at crucial times. Instead of probably a 2-3 goal buffer, it's even stevens with the Hawks about to have the wind in the 2nd.

Really need to hold up defensively or we'll really regret that opening quarter.

Effort has been fantastic, but it's clear we still have to do a bit of catch up in the talent stakes. Britton and Bushby really need to lift.

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day AFLW Round 7, 2024: West Coast vs Hawthorn

Remove this Banner Ad

Back