Women's Footy AFLW Season 2022 - [C(Aine) feel that it's (Tighe)me?]

Remove this Banner Ad

Ella Roberts officially nominated WA zone in AFLW - I thought there was a chance she would nominate interstate.
Man I was hoping she's nominate interstate - easier to trade for her to come home in a year or two than to move across town. Once she's settled at a club in her home state there's less likelihood for her to want to move. :(

We all need to get together and make a magic circle to remind her in her subconscious that she's a mad Freo fan!

Man I was hoping she's nominate interstate - easier to trade for her to come home in a year or two than to move across town. Once she's settled at a club in her home state there's less likelihood for her to want to move. :(

We all need to get together and make a magic circle to remind her in her subconscious that she's a mad Freo fan!
We will get Roberts back.

West Coasts list is pretty sick and they will be pumped every single week.

Yeah, this 😳
You must be disappointed IP especially due to the mental health issues, but now she is happy to go anywhere in Australia to play? Weird.
Real changing of the guard at Freo womens, all line coaches are gone, Strength and Conditioning gone and 3 significant players leave, has something happened at the club that has rocked the boat, they used to seem so tight.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You must be disappointed IP especially due to the mental health issues, but now she is happy to go anywhere in Australia to play? Weird.
Real changing of the guard at Freo womens, all line coaches are gone, Strength and Conditioning gone and 3 significant players leave, has something happened at the club that has rocked the boat, they used to seem so tight.
It’s weird. Her farewell post suggested she was ‘stepping away’ and I’m pretty sure that’s what the official line was. She also talked about her mental health issues as well as her job, and how much she has loved Freo forever.
But she has nominated for the WA draft pool, so the choices are redrafted by Freo (unlikely imo), go to the eagles (quite likely) or not get picked (possibly). I think we’ll see her in bluenyella come next week. 😢

So the delisting was a genuine, "you aren't good enough anymore" type delisting?
I think more ‘I don’t feel I can play at this level due to other issues in my life’ type delisting. Something obviously changed for her. Which is sad for Freo but excellent for her that she feels up to it.

Hmmm, what the hactual f***?!?! If Duffy ends up at the Eagles I think I may sit out watching Season 7. I thought the sole reason she was 'delisted' was because she "couldn't" football at the level anymore due to mental health and the struggle to balance work commitments and her footy?

Jesus, can today be anymore lame...Colorado lost when they could have won the Stanley Cup, the boys lost and lost poorly and now this. It's my best mate's birthday today - huge happy birthday to him - but me thinks June 25th can go and get farkedddddd!

Only other possibility is that WCE have said, "don't worry about the job, we have a tier 1 payment spot for you" With Bowen and the Kellys leaving, there isn't anyone really worth the tier 1 payments spot, thats 72k a year, couple that with casual work in the off season and the pressures of a career can disappear for the AFLW career

We certainly wouldn't have such a high tier available for her

I thought it was her decision but maybe we just told her we can't carry her on the inactive list, maybe we have to pay for her on that list?

or maybe there are other issues at play?
I think more ‘I don’t feel I can play at this level due to other issues in my life’ type delisting. Something obviously changed for her. Which is sad for Freo but excellent for her that she feels up to it.
Something dodgy going on for sure... She's obviously willing to commit to a preseason and the upcoming season with the Eagles as they have like 5 of the top 6 picks or something stupid like that or else why would she nominate for the draft at all? Weird af imo.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back