Women's Footy AFLW season 2023 - Season 8

Remove this Banner Ad

Thought they were alright today tbh
I missed pretty much the first quarter, so maybe they did all the best work then. Of what I did see from them was limp and uncompetitive.

Wielstra has height, which we're short on, so there's some kind of rationale for playing her. Mulholland is a smallish forward, who at 30, doesn't kick goals, barely tackles, brings no craft, no competitive edge or grit...maybe she leads the team song?

I missed pretty much the first quarter, so maybe they did all the best work then. Of what I did see from them was limp and uncompetitive.

Wielstra has height, which we're short on, so there's some kind of rationale for playing her. Mulholland is a smallish forward, who at 30, doesn't kick goals, barely tackles, brings no craft, no competitive edge or grit...maybe she leads the team song?
Funny enough it was actually the first quarter that I thought Mulholland had actually turned up today

Certainly played better than Tux last week but yeah I'd prefer to develop Tux

Look, I have really struggled to see any benefit to the team that Wielstra brings but I thought she was more competitive today.
I didn't really want to make it about them as individuals per se. Hopefully, they can use those opportunities to unlock something in themselves that fires their footy to new heights and cements their place in the team for all the right reasons.

I have concerns about the thinking behind unforced changes to a winning team, removing decisive, one-touch players who seem to relish the contest, for players who seem so hesitant and unsure at the contest.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't think it is a thing in AFLW

Seriously doubt we would get a likely top 3 pick too
It would make sense to allow WA clubs to have first rights to their NGA players as the womens game cannot afford to relocate players all around Australia. We have a very small talent pool in WA therefore we should get access to our Acadamy players. But we all know the VFL run the league so it will not happen.

It would make sense to allow WA clubs to have first rights to their NGA players as the womens game cannot afford to relocate players all around Australia. We have a very small talent pool in WA therefore we should get access to our Acadamy players. But we all know the VFL run the league so it will not happen.
Unless she nominates for the national draft, a WA club will be getting first dibs at her. It's just that the club in question is West Coast.

It's up to the clubs in each state to decide. Brisbane and Gold Coast were the only clubs to agree to academy exclusivity, although Sydney and GWS will join that list from the upcoming draft onwards.

It's up to the clubs in each state to decide. Brisbane and Gold Coast were the only clubs to agree to academy exclusivity, although Sydney and GWS will join that list from the upcoming draft onwards.
What a weird and dumb policy, it's the AFL so you know it's true though lol

Eagles would never agree as they always have the higher picks

No Aine this weekend :(

Remove this Banner Ad

Women's Footy AFLW season 2023 - Season 8

Remove this Banner Ad

Back