AFLW Toast AFLW Season 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Contract lengths 2024

What I'm loving is how the Eagles did nothing this preseason yet all the news is about them being on the rise...
They've really pearced the news cycle somehow...

Got a surprise when chasing up membership renewal for 2024 that it was in fact done last year before the 2023 season had even finished (just before Rd10)! The email I got talking about what a season 2023 was, was even earlier at end of September! That was rather sneaky even if not what the intention was and I myself am happy to renew. Some people may not though and making a decision for nearly 12 months out is incredibly impractical.

They've really pearced the news cycle somehow...

Got a surprise when chasing up membership renewal for 2024 that it was in fact done last year before the 2023 season had even finished (just before Rd10)! The email I got talking about what a season 2023 was, was even earlier at end of September! That was rather sneaky even if not what the intention was and I myself am happy to renew. Some people may not though and making a decision for nearly 12 months out is incredibly impractical.
The payment cycle coincides with the mens season. They communicated this at the start of season 8

The payment cycle coincides with the mens season. They communicated this at the start of season 8
Yeah thats the reaspn given, doesn't invalidate anything I said. It's done mid-season the year before. No other competition has its memberships set up in such a way.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If anyone wants some reading ahead of the Season, we at Soaring to New Heights have prepared a pretty comprehensive Season Guide discussing everything you can think of

Holy crap Liam! You said you had a very big, comprehensive season guide, but wow. Well done!

It's going to be an interesting season. We have the new vets coming in, and the youth pushing the already young squad for spots. I imagine next post season will be pivotal where they'll have to figure out if the list is ready for a push to be an established finals side or still needing more talent.

Round 1, live on Channel 7 Sunday 1pm, if you can't make it down to Frankston

View attachment 2096732
Going into next season I think the list is getting better, they are investing in youth and bringing in a couple of quality players.

We have the likes of Ashmore, Bates, Bodey, West, Sheriff, McDonagh, Lucas-Rodd, Wales, Fleming, Gilroy with the 2 Irish girls being my favourites, I love the run and long kicking of Gilroy and the forward craft of McDonagh

New girls Williamson who is bloody quick, Stone who has a lot of potential to be a very good player and Vukic playing as a ruck/forw

Smith is a tough nut, Elliot and Everist give us good def depth, Baskaran can play forw or mid, it's good to see Hipwell playing and getting a long contract, she has good movement and talent, Breed might play as a pressure forw?, Richardson and Kemp have been good for us in defense in previous seasons.

It's a shame Eardley is injured

Gee, I'm worried about our defence with no Eardley. Even if Everist plays down back, she spent all of last season as a wing, going to be raw. Jenna and co will just have to stand firm. I thought Gilroy would play in fowrad line mostly, but maybe they send her to cover down back.

Vukic's inclusion is surprising. I think she starts on bench, but good sign for her development that they think she's ready to play now. Will be important player for future.

Excited overall for tomorrow and the season. Standard of the list keeps getter better!

Gee, I'm worried about our defence with no Eardley. Even if Everist plays down back, she spent all of last season as a wing, going to be raw. Jenna and co will just have to stand firm. I thought Gilroy would play in fowrad line mostly, but maybe they send her to cover down back.

Vukic's inclusion is surprising. I think she starts on bench, but good sign for her development that they think she's ready to play now. Will be important player for future.

Excited overall for tomorrow and the season. Standard of the list keeps getter better!

Everist played key back in Season 7 and clearly it's her best role. Issue is that Carlton have a lot of size foreard of centre and in the ruck, with only Everist at 177cm taller than 172cm.

Vukic is a match up decision due to the above mentioned size. Carlton will run a high intensity rotation of 3 quality rucks (Moody x 2, Good) to try and work Wales over.

I can't wait to be there tomorrow, travelled down from Canberra for it

https://open.substack.com/pub/hfcso...n=post&utm_medium=web&showWelcomeOnShare=true (Opposition analysis from me which I put out today for Soaring to New Heights)

Remove this Banner Ad

AFLW Toast AFLW Season 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back