Business & Finance Airline Industry

Remove this Banner Ad

None of those planes are fit to fly anyways so it's not like they're really preventing them from leaving.
Correct, but when the time comes I’d imagine the cost of moving the front end loader will be at a guess $16m :D
Adelaide has reportedly done the same with 7 VA aircraft yet I was airside in that area today and didn’t notice anything different

Correct, but when the time comes I’d imagine the cost of moving the front end loader will be at a guess $16m :D
Adelaide has reportedly done the same with 7 VA aircraft yet I was airside in that area today and didn’t notice anything different
Sorry mate, battery is flat, give us a push?

The airline lease companies are in a bad spot

"We have no where to park them and no one to sell them to."

Half the fleet is leased

Correct, the same thing is happening in Adelaide as at Perth and I expect every other airport with a Virgin plane parked there. It probably won't make any difference to who gets paid but if someone owes you money and you're in possession of some of their assets then damn straight you're going to claim lien over them. It would be a dereliction of duty to your own business not to do so.

Correct, the same thing is happening in Adelaide as at Perth and I expect every other airport with a Virgin plane parked there. It probably won't make any difference to who gets paid but if someone owes you money and you're in possession of some of their assets then damn straight you're going to claim lien over them. It would be a dereliction of duty to your own business not to do so.
The other main airports have said they won’t impound any aircraft and although Adelaide has claimed to have taken 7 they haven’t yet blocked any with machinery and I am out airside nearly every day currently. Adelaide has taken control of aircraft Virgin actually own whereas Perth has taken over a mixture of owned and leased aircraft so I’d imagine the lessor has priority and can reclaim their aircraft when they choose.
With an administrator in charge I’m not sure how that changes any claim liens either

Given the stuff about the treatment of Qantas employees in the news of late, I said to a family member 'Was that guy who slapped the pie on Alan Joyce's face ahead of his time in expressing other people's thoughts on him" and he said haha yes.

Given the stuff about the treatment of Qantas employees in the news of late, I said to a family member 'Was that guy who slapped the pie on Alan Joyce's face ahead of his time in expressing other people's thoughts on him" and he said haha yes.
Didnt qantas staff want sick leave paid while being stood down. I know its not great but theyre hardly entitled to sick leave under the circumstance

Didnt qantas staff want sick leave paid while being stood down. I know its not great but theyre hardly entitled to sick leave under the circumstance

Agreed but those 2 weren’t just any employees

On the downlow they could of kept paying them - now he just looks like a campaigner

(Log in to remove this ad.)

On the downlow they could of kept paying them - now he just looks like a campaigner
The bloke is as ruthless as they come.
I’ve met him a couple of times and although he is polite and easy enough to speak to he leaves people under no illusions that he is the one in control

The bloke is as ruthless as they come.
I’ve met him a couple of times and although he is polite and easy enough to speak to he leaves people under no illusions that he is the one in control
It's no secret in the aviation industry that Qantas at a corporate/management level are an absolute pack of arseholes. You look at any industry stakeholder who deals with multiple airlines and you'll invariably find that their negotiations are pretty smooth with every airline bar Qantas.

The union has quite a say as a creditor, most of the buyers want to go back to running a low cost airline flying 320/737s domestic and maybe NZ like Virgin mk 1, the new long-range ones can fly 6000+ KMs. The union wants as much as possible a full service airline with overseas reach.

Will be interesting what happens. For me the only Jetstar flights I didn't hate was a 787 from Vietnam, there is definately a space in their for Virgin.

The union has quite a say as a creditor, most of the buyers want to go back to running a low cost airline flying 320/737s domestic and maybe NZ like Virgin mk 1, the new long-range ones can fly 6000+ KMs. The union wants as much as possible a full service airline with overseas reach.

Will be interesting what happens. For me the only Jetstar flights I didn't hate was a 787 from Vietnam, there is definately a space in their for Virgin.
Still a chance that VA could go into liquidation which I’m thinking a couple of the bidders are hoping for. They could pick off the carcass and start with a fresh slate.
Ideally I’d like to see VA2 remain a full service airline and for the time being ditch the majority of International routes and concentrate on domestic routes unless they can renegotiate a decent lease payment. Plenty of huge decisions for any buyers coming up but I dread another LCC as I’ll be forced to switch all domestic travel over to QF which doesn’t thrill me.

What's the difference between a full service and a low cost domestic airline? It's not like an economy seat on a Qantas flight to the Pilbara gets you a luxurious journey.
No business class on the wide body aircraft. On the smaller aircraft yeah there isn’t a lot of difference. With a LCC you pay for everything such as seat selection, luggage, beverages etc which a full service airline includes (or should).
Most LCC’s have no lounges either which is a big negative

Heard yesterday that VA were given an extra 12 flights a week from the government.

Adelaide-Perth
Perth-Port Headland
Melbourne-Brisbane
Brisbane-Cairns
Brisbane-Mackay

Remove this Banner Ad

Business & Finance Airline Industry

Remove this Banner Ad

Back