Pearce off Jack

Senior List
Apr 24, 2006
In the 2's
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Australia,Storm
Why is it in the words of Gary Smart( Akers co-author) aker can be "Brutally honest" about some of his current team mates in his book and yet think that he should not be subject to sitting in front of his team mates and answer their brutally honest questions.

Why is it in the words of Gary Smart( Akers co-author) aker can be "Brutally honest" about some of his current team mates in his book and yet think that he should not be subject to sitting in front of his team mates and answer their brutally honest questions.

Threatening to release the book in time for the finals this year is the work of an utter rat.

What he writes will definitely get under player's skins, and be a very unwelcome distraction while we try to win the flag.

I thought Aker was alright while he was with us, what a sad mistake.

I am sure we feel no differently to how Brisbane fans feel.

As for Aker, actions speak louder than words, and his conduct since being sacked has been nothing but selfish and quite vindictive.

As for Aker, actions speak louder than words, and his conduct since being sacked has been nothing but selfish and quite vindictive.

Exactly! He's pot shot at Rohan Smith, telling Campbell Rose to 'piss off' after he had shaken hands is the work of an absolute petulant little shit. It's behaviour that he has shown through out the last 6 weeks and should prove to everyone what a pathetic team player he is.

Exactly! He's pot shot at Rohan Smith, telling Campbell Rose to 'piss off' after he had shaken hands is the work of an absolute petulant little shit. It's behaviour that he has shown through out the last 6 weeks and should prove to everyone what a pathetic team player he is.

Yep, agree. Was unbelievably rude and showed no class. He did himself no favours IMO by appearing on TFS.

He has issues respecting people in authority. In his article he called Simon Garlick "Some Unit" and was equally as demeaning about James Fantasia.

Why would people employ him now when he is showing to the whole world that not only he cannot operate in a team environment, but that he cannot respect people in authority.

Sorry to intrude... but I agree with you. Aker looks out for his interests and his interests only. He did a reasonable job of making the dogs look like the bad guys but over time i think people will come to realise that the blame lies more with Aker than with the Dogs.

Aker was struggling to get a kick, hardly kicked a goal in nine senior games.
He is finished. There would have been no x-Factor with Aker in the finals this year, just as there wasn't any in 2008 and 2009. Good riddance!

Aker was struggling to get a kick, hardly kicked a goal in nine senior games.
He is finished. There would have been no x-Factor with Aker in the finals this year, just as there wasn't any in 2008 and 2009. Good riddance!

The thing to remember is that Aker has worked his way back,played in the reserves kicked 5 goals one week 3 the other.
A fit Aker in a pressure finals game is excately what you need to ignite the rest of team to go on and win and Aker could do that.
Remember he was a triple premiership player,brownlow medallist and BIG game player,plus you could play him in the midield ,on the backline or the forward line,that's what you guys will miss.

Should have kep t him to at least year's end,would never know how things could have panned out.............Pray tell you guys don't lose a pressure finals game by say a kick,then everyone would be rueing the sacking of
Aker what could have been.Sad scenario i wish you guys luck,but your team has put more pressure on themselves now! Your players must perform or they won't live this down.

The thing to remember is that Aker has worked his way back,played in the reserves kicked 5 goals one week 3 the other.
A fit Aker in a pressure finals game is excately what you need to ignite the rest of team to go on and win and Aker could do that.
Remember he was a triple premiership player,brownlow medallist and BIG game player,plus you could play him in the midield ,on the backline or the forward line,that's what you guys will miss.

Should have kep t him to at least year's end,would never know how things could have panned out.............Pray tell you guys don't lose a pressure finals game by say a kick,then everyone would be rueing the sacking of
Aker what could have been.Sad scenario i wish you guys luck,but your team has put more pressure on themselves now! Your players must perform or they won't live this down.

You can't keep a player till the end of the year who lies and then plays the victim and has caused so much distraction. I repeat, Aker failed to kick a goal in both preliminary finals in 2008 and 2009. He had no impact whatsoever in both these games and he has hardly kicked a goal in nine senior games this year. He is finished.
People are dreaming if they think he would be the x-factor in the finals this year.
Not only is he a narcissist but he is now only a former matchwinner.
This will galvanise us and make us much stronger. We are the second club that has had enough of him.

I repeat, Aker failed to kick a goal in both preliminary finals in 2008 and 2009.
He got a goal in the 2008 prelim, 1st quarter. But yes, didn't have much impact in either game.

He had no impact whatsoever in both these games and he has hardly kicked a goal in nine senior games this year. He is finished.
Exactly, well put. His "top 5" statement was cringeworthy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

he lost me once he took that cheap shot at smith. smith said the exact same thing everyone else was saying.

Aker and brutally honest don't equate
Lied when claiming the article he wrote for the Herald Sun and what was published was different
Lied when claiming he had only written a few things for his book and was not critical of team mates. Both claims were contradicted by his co-writer and publisher within a day
Her or Newman lied when Newman claimed he overheard Aker speaking at a restaurant, Aker then said he had told Newman while Newman still stuck by the "overheard story"
Lied when claiming he was playing "fantastic footy"
Lied when claiming he had taken on board past warnings from the club, if he had have he would not have ended up being sacked

He also isn't the sharpest tool in the shed. He has mentioned that other players often talk to friends about inner working and meetings, this may be true but does he not realise there is a difference if these friends are Sam Newman and Steve Price?

Really? He was fit at the start of the year and produced nothing at all. Despite what he thinks he is a fringe player now and it's no loss to the club that he has gone.

I get tired of hearing the whole Grand Final experience line. Micheal Tuck played in Grand Finals maybe we should just pick him up? OK strong exaggeration there but you get the drift. There are many sides who have won a grand final without anyone with grand final experience. Did Geelong have any when they won their Grand Final? And no please don't count Cameron Mooney....

I think aker must of been bullying some of the players behind closed doors and turning young players to the point of dividing the playing group. At a workplace when most people work, you get 3 written warnings then you get the ass. But from what we all here he got many more chances than your average person. With one of the issues that the bullies didnt like , the gay artice, what if the team has a gay player? How would that poor bloke feel after reading that artice? Im hopeing this will galvanise the team now and move forward!

What he said on the TFS

Akermanis denied he had criticised his ex-teammates in the book and said he was being punished for something that had not eventuated.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...western-bulldogs/story-e6frf9jf-1225895852718

What his ghost writer said

THE co-author of Akermanis's book said the triple premiership player has been ``brutally honest'' about his fractured relationship with three players -- Robert Murphy, Daniel Giansiracusa and Ben Hudson.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...tion-final-straw/story-e6frf9jf-1225895854276

Jason has shown nothing this year to suggest he would be a valuable contributer in the finals. When a player like Mark McVeigh runs past you like you are standing still and proceeds to tear you a new one, it is a sign that the end is nigh.

I was a massive fan and supporter of Jason up until Tuesday (the day before he was let go), and had many arguments with other Bulldog supporters sticking up for him. But when my eyes were opened on Tuesday about the web of deceit that he had cast on the football club, I came to realise that he is a clubhouse cancer than needed removal as soon as possible.

Jason, you need to take a deep breath and stop blaming everyone else for your predicament. Want to know who is responsible? It is the man you see in the mirror every morning.

Smart or Stupid

Akermanis: Stupid or Clever.

He used the Bulldogs to Milk them for all he can.

Point One. This is his last year nothing to lose. No new football contracts coming his way.

Two. He knows they will have to pay out the remainder of his contract if sacked. Or possible legal action may happen exposing Dogs to more controversy

Three. His media commitments are unaffected by being sacked. Infact only enhances the shock jock mentality of Steve Price's show.

Four. Controversy is a great promotion for his up and coming spill the guts book. Great exposure on Radio and Footy show.

We all know Aker is a Narcissist but he also just may be very clever or at-least is being coached by some very clever people. He's even got people thinking he is the victim in all of this. Amazing!

Re: Smart or Clever

How long is his media career going to last though?

Heaps of attention on MTR now because of the soap opera that has happened. What will happen next year and onwards. Why would you listen to aker on the radio for 30 minutes every day? What is MTR's market share, 1 or 2%. His future and Prices is only as good as the ratings. The radio industry is even more ruthless than AFL football.

I don't know what type of media work he is going to do. He is not like Darcy, Llloyd, Hird, Harley etc where they have heaps of football smarts credibility. So I cannot see him doing a special comments role.

Will he be something of a clown figure like Billy Brownless or a shock jock like Kyle Sandilands saying outrageous things to get attention?

I am just not sure what his niche in the media will be.

Remove this Banner Ad

Aker being brutally honest

Remove this Banner Ad

Back