Aker being brutally honest

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Smart or Clever

How long is his media career going to last though?

Heaps of attention on MTR now because of the soap opera that has happened. What will happen next year and onwards. Why would you listen to aker on the radio for 30 minutes every day? What is MTR's market share, 1 or 2%. His future and Prices is only as good as the ratings. The radio industry is even more ruthless than AFL football.

I don't know what type of media work he is going to do. He is not like Darcy, Llloyd, Hird, Harley etc where they have heaps of football smarts credibility. So I cannot see him doing a special comments role.

Will he be something of a clown figure like Billy Brownless or a shock jock like Kyle Sandilands saying outrageous things to get attention?

I am just not sure what his niche in the media will be.

In the short term his book sells well gets all the money from his current contracts and if he is going the Steve Price route as a shock jock then there is probably at-least one contract for the offering from all this. Time will tell.

Re: Smart or Stupid

Stupid.

He leaves the game on a sour note and a storm of controversy, instead of as a hero of the club.

He'll be remembered for the sackings mainly, with the Brownlow and flags as an afterthought.

How long will the media want him? He won't know what's going on in the footy world as he won't be fed any info from any club. His opinions will be just what pops into his head at the time.

He has made few if any enduring friendships with teammates. His best friends seem to be Steve Price and Sam Newman. :eek:

It's all such a shame and could have been so different if he'd had a bit of integrity to go along with the individuality.

Stupid.

He leaves the game on a sour note and a storm of controversy, instead of as a hero of the club.

He'll be remembered for the sackings mainly, with the Brownlow and flags as an afterthought.

How long will the media want him? He won't know what's going on in the footy world as he won't be fed any info from any club. His opinions will be just what pops into his head at the time.

He has made few if any enduring friendships with teammates. His best friends seem to be Steve Price and Sam Newman. :eek:

It's all such a shame and could have been so different if he'd had a bit of integrity to go along with the individuality.

But what if his only ambition is money and fame however it comes. Whilst his actions may seem destructive to others the do keep him in the spotlight and the do earn him a lot of money.

Stupid.

Exactly.

He isn't very smart whether he orchestrated this or just couldn't help himself.

Initially I was thinking along the lines of a Caro Wilson women's trash mag type column, but even she will have contacts willing to speak to her.

Just on another tentacle to this story, didn't they say on TFS that there were 4 people at the lunch where Aker told Sam inhouse club stuff, and they were making some sort of (what I thought was negative) reference to this person but never named him. Does anyone know who it was? Or have I got this bit all wrong?

Hope you dont mind me posting here.

Just reading about whole Akermanis saga. Absolutely agree with comments on here about comments made by Aker when he shakes Roses hand then tells him to piss off, this on live TV with him knowing a big audience would be watching.

No class what so ever and for Aker its unfortunately boy who cried wolf if he is in fact telling the truth... which i severly doubt.

He knows he is on way out, form wise and also money wise. This is nothing but trying to look after his own interests and giving him a platform as to which to build his media appeal.

My suggestion is for all Dogs and AFL supporters who respect the Dogs decision to simply not buy his book.... although what will happen is the exact opposite as you will all want to know what he's says about your club.

He is scum, but stupid he is not so dont get fooled by thinking heres a tool who doesnt know what he is saying. Expect more Aker comments in lead up to his book coming out in his interests of self promotion.

Sadly his comments made about one of your club legends Rohan Smith is true to a certain extent.

Now as for this weekend, massive game so best of luck. Despite what everyone else says i dont think this sows up 4th for either club, although a Dogs lost would make it awfully difficult.

Sorry to intrude here....but the storm that is Aker has only just started brewing for the Bulldogs. Four years later and he is still bagging the Lions at every opportunity. Really hope you guys make the grand final but be ready for a rough ride as he will try and unseat you at every turn and will continue to do so for years to come. Good luck bulldogs and hang on.....its going to be a wild ride.

Sorry to intrude here....but the storm that is Aker has only just started brewing for the Bulldogs. Four years later and he is still bagging the Lions at every opportunity. Really hope you guys make the grand final but be ready for a rough ride as he will try and unseat you at every turn and will continue to do so for years to come. Good luck bulldogs and hang on.....its going to be a wild ride.
No probs thanks for the support :thumbsu:

I doubt Aker's potshots have adversely affected the Lions onfield performances in the last few years, so we should be ok.

The next few weeks will be interesting. Aker says he wants us to win the premiership. But (1) he won't be able to resist bagging the administration and (2) he will probably become a bigger pain post season.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...iss-bad-hair-day/story-e6frf9jf-1225896563683

And I quote "This unusual anecdote will be one of many Akermanis will reveal in his autobiography Off The Leash, which Hardie Grant Publishing are rushing to the printers for publication"

Um, I thought that poor ol' Akers said there existed nothing more than "notes" that were way, way off publication.

How many more lies can this toxic individual be caught telling before he is brought to account?

P.S. the "friend" bit is comedy gold. Jason doesn't have any except for Mrs Akers and the kids and his exploiters at MTR.

The thing to remember is that Aker has worked his way back,played in the reserves kicked 5 goals one week 3 the other.
A fit Aker in a pressure finals game is excately what you need to ignite the rest of team to go on and win and Aker could do that.
Remember he was a triple premiership player,brownlow medallist and BIG game player,plus you could play him in the midield ,on the backline or the forward line,that's what you guys will miss.

Should have kep t him to at least year's end,would never know how things could have panned out.............Pray tell you guys don't lose a pressure finals game by say a kick,then everyone would be rueing the sacking of
Aker what could have been.Sad scenario i wish you guys luck,but your team has put more pressure on themselves now! Your players must perform or they won't live this down.

Sorry Daics cousin but that's BS. If this was Collingwood, we woulda got shot of him quicksmart. Dogs'll be better off without the hasbeen chump.

You can't keep a player till the end of the year who lies and then plays the victim and has caused so much distraction. I repeat, Aker failed to kick a goal in both preliminary finals in 2008 and 2009. He had no impact whatsoever in both these games and he has hardly kicked a goal in nine senior games this year. He is finished.
People are dreaming if they think he would be the x-factor in the finals this year.
Not only is he a narcissist but he is now only a former matchwinner.
This will galvanise us and make us much stronger. We are the second club that has had enough of him.
Well said Johnn06, another interresting note that some people may not have read, it was in the West Sat paper. Three weeks ago Aka's management was approached by West Perth Football club to play with them next season, apparently the contact was done thru a third party, the rumour is that it was Deniss Commetti. So it shows his mind was already somewhere else, even his performances at Willy have not been up to scratch,as the Willy coach had said after last weeks game, he kicked 3goals in a team that won by 10 goals & two of his goals came in last Quarter when it was all over. I think it was proven today against Freo there is a chance in Sep without Aka.

Jason, you need to take a deep breath and stop blaming everyone else for your predicament. Want to know who is responsible? It is the man you see in the mirror every morning.

Sam Newman or Steve Price...

I'm starting to wonder if his gay article was just an extension of notes from his personal diary telling himself not to come out just yet:rolleyes:

Remove this Banner Ad

Aker being brutally honest

Remove this Banner Ad

Back