Alan Didak

Remove this Banner Ad

:eek: THE softest player in the AFL! Collingwood fans must cringe when they see this bloke 'perform'. He deserves a spot on Home & Away or Neighbours.

Actually, I cringe when I see he is not playing, but I am guessing I am not cringing anywhere near as much as you have been, since you lost to St Kilda and the subsequent 2 losses as you realise that your time at the top is slowly fading away and you are looking like the prize fighter that went one fight too many

:eek: THE softest player in the AFL! Collingwood fans must cringe when they see this bloke 'perform'. He deserves a spot on Home & Away or Neighbours.

Handball Jr should go to the Collingwood matches and take some notes from Dids on how to actually influence a match with his possessions. What a selfish, selfish player he is.

Haha, yeah lets judge it on that, one random Swan's supporter who has Swan 35th and Chris Tarrant 41st :thumbsu: Had Darren Jolly featuring at 27 as well which was worth a laugh.

You wouldn't find one person in football who would take Watson over Didak, no-one. That same bloke didn't think Cross was worth a mention, but lets check what BF think;

Cross v Watson

You Woods fans would have no idea what a good ruckman is worth, would you?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hes killing it for my DT and he has good footskills but surely his continual diving and soccering instead of going in hard proves he is soft.

Not every player is going to have the same level of commitment to the hard contest, not every player on your own list is as hard as your hardest player at it, so it s nonsense argument unless you want to call out some of your own players.

As for players with good moral character, then its the same argument, there are players with good moral code and then there are blokes who are morons.

if you got rid of all those who weren't of the highest moral code and who didnt go in the hardest, then each club might only be left with one or two players, and that definitely would include St kilda, and our own.

But this game is about winning, and less about those other qualities and as long as Didak keeps producing as he has this latter half of this year, then it is indisputable that he is a valuable commodity.

So all these arguments about past indiscretions are really superfluous because he is doing the job and and doing it well and as he goes on helping beating teams, all the constant jibes really don't seem to be bringing him down. Or haven't those who like to call him out, have the brain power to notice that?

If this was called moralball then you ( actually not you, but The Fireman moreso) might have an argument.

Not just a part of the 22, but would easily be a starting 18 player for a side which is undefeated this season.

You will find St Kilda pride themselves on tackling pressure and being hard at the ball.

Didak would be languishing in the twos at St Kilda, being put there to work on his tackling etc, a la NDS last year.

Anyway, who would he displace?

Didak is one of the most creative players in the AFL and will often go for a lower percentage pass than Watson.

No point in comparing DE %, give it up.

Worst stat in the game. Lacks any context and doesn't distinguish between a sideways kick in defence and a high risk pass inside 50.

Hence why defenders dominate the stat whilst creative midfielders lag behind.

Remove this Banner Ad

Alan Didak

Remove this Banner Ad

Back