Certified Legendary Thread Alastair Clarkson II - signs 5 year contract w/ North Melbourne 19 August 2022 - news breaks p360

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't believe any ITK people saying this, especially that one poster who has been saying it for a couple weeks now.

I want it to happen and people I know close to the situation are 'confident', but any suggestion that there's been some kind of 'verbal agreement' or anything similar is nonsense. At least, there wasn't as of a couple days ago. And certainly not weeks ago.

We are no closer to get Clarko than GWS or Bombers are. We can all be "confident" but realistically that means nothing lol

Don't believe any ITK people saying this, especially that one poster who has been saying it for a couple weeks now.

I want it to happen and people I know close to the situation are 'confident', but any suggestion that there's been some kind of 'verbal agreement' or anything similar is nonsense. At least, there wasn't as of a couple days ago. And certainly not weeks ago.
We can be a gullable bunch.
The main reason these threads blew up the way they did was due to Kia postings.
Many were taking his word as gospel.
His source could be a bus driver who is 2nd cousins with a janitor at NMFC

Just listening to Bucks on SEN. The most reasonable take so far:

Key points:
  • Clarko has always been a coach who has talked about integrity and loyalty. Would he see the * scenario as a bit of a mess? Would it turn him off?
  • He would be silly to not engage all parties and do his own due diligence. Too smart a coach not to, but would he delay the others?
  • All three would have positives and negatives. It will depend on what he feels is the best fit for both parties.
100% spot on.

On the other hand, janitors know their s**t....
It’s where you go to get the inside scoop.

As Carl in the breakfast club said “we are the eyes and ears of this institution my friend”

I mean, that's objectively not true. We're the only club to formally offer him a contract.
Is this confirmed? I’ve only seen it in the media and well, they don’t tend to lend themselves to being very trustworthy

(Log in to remove this ad.)

so what you're saying is we have dibs?
how i met your mother dibs GIF by hero0fwar

Again a reminder that due to his Hawthorn contract clause Clarko probably can't announce he's signed until this season is over.

So, if it isn't done by next week after the Suns game then we start to worry. Until then, still cautiously optimistic.

I think Clarko is assembling his team and they go with Clarko wherever he decides to coach.

I don't believe there has been a verbal agreement as some have said.
I think Clarko could have been in talks with Essendon in the background for awhile.

The ITK poster sometimes seems to post and reiterate the same message and claim it's new info.

I don't buy this. Brasher was against Clarko hence why he was ousted. If you're saying Clarko has been talking to them then it would of have to have been in an unofficial capacity (such as to coterie's or board members) behind the clubs back. This seems highly unlikely?

Again a reminder that due to his Hawthorn contract clause Clarko probably can't announce he's signed until this season is over.

So, if it isn't done by next week after the Suns game then we start to worry. Until then, still cautiously optimistic.
Again that is highly unlikely to be a clause in the contract. At worst it would be that he’s prohibited from doing any duties until expiration

I think Clarko is assembling his team and they go with Clarko wherever he decides to coach.

I don't believe there has been a verbal agreement as some have said.
I think Clarko could have been in talks with Essendon in the background for awhile.

The ITK poster sometimes seems to post and reiterate the same message and claim it's new info.
You my friend have no idea - I am not going to repeat myself or justify my info. Let’s just say he’s been talking to North a lot longer than the media think and anything to do with Essendon is complete hearsay.

I don't buy this. Brasher was against Clarko hence why he was ousted. If you're saying Clarko has been talking to them then it would of have to have been in an unofficial capacity (such as to coterie's or board members) behind the clubs back. This seems highly unlikely?

Apparently the replacement for Brasher is mates with Clarko.
Essendope are dodgy as **** they probably wined and dined him at some point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back