Coach Alastair Clarkson III - new NMFC senior coach until at least end 2027 - NMFC board approved AC to start 1/11 amid ongoing HFC racism investigation

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
TT needs to be traded while he has currency.

Lazy Lazy Lazy.

Will be the first to break down and cry under a Clarko pre season.

Sent from my CPH2197 using Tapatalk

While most of our group is overseas, Tarryn has been training in an elite sport training program. Paul Curtis has recently joined him. Ease up.

Last edited:
Rather than allowing the investigation to unfold & supporting due process, we have some media revelling in kicks for clicks.
old hag doesn’t worry about clicks - she’s after our prized fish because he’s our coach.

Eggs11 you has your chance to top a beer on her - hold your head in shame

While most our group is overseas, Tarryn has been training with an elite sporting group. Paul Curtis has recently joined him. Ease up.
Gee that kid impresses me every time I hear about him or watch him.

Sits back and waits for historic me toos against Barassi, Matthews, Hafey, Smith, Kennedy, Jeans etc. Clarko sounds guilty of merely having the demeanour required to eek the best from players. Let's not beat about the bush. You don't win premierships breast feeding your charges.

Well, there’s a reason why those types aren’t in the game anymore. Players don’t want to be treated like that. This is a positive development.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

TT needs to be traded while he has currency.

Lazy Lazy Lazy.

Will be the first to break down and cry under a Clarko pre season.

Sent from my CPH2197 using Tapatalk
interesting that the same person who has all but denied racism exists in this thread is the same one to wheel out the tired tropes about an indigenous player.

and a player that quite literally busted a gut putting a smother on that cost him any momentum this season no less

very interesting (and not at all surprising) indeed

Support for Clarko isn't dropping off it seems. Putting his neck on the line a bit here Hodgey.

He’s copping a few comments for being “racist” .

It must be exhausting searching for racism in everything. I’d be interested to read the real motivation and the impact it has on people.

Unintentionally, she’s opened up the door of it wasn’t racially motivated by highlighting the possibility he did it to white players.

Oh I think she's done it intentionally because she knows the racism shit has no legs.

Well, there’s a reason why those types aren’t in the game anymore. Players don’t want to be treated like that. This is a positive development.

Yet players want to play under Clarko, when was the last time we had players come to us because of the coach?

Yet players want to play under Clarko, when was the last time we had players come to us because of the coach?

Im not putting Clarkson in the same bracket. Those types don’t survive anymore. Yes he’s…let’s say…assertive but the shit coaches used to get away this. I would have told half of them to go and get ****ed and found another job.

How many grown adults like being treated like that?

Sits back and waits for historic me toos against Barassi, Matthews, Hafey, Smith, Kennedy, Jeans etc. Clarko sounds guilty of merely having the demeanour required to eek the best from players. Let's not beat about the bush. You don't win premierships breast feeding your charges.
We don’t know. He hasn’t had a chance to respond. He has to wait for the correct forum to provide a detailed account of his recollection.

In the meantime the media will continue to throw mud and act like the accusations are fact including rolling out responses from indigenous leaders who can only give the reactions to the alleged version of events. These indigenous leaders add authenticity/validity to the story - not through any fault of their own. It’s a good platform to raise real concerns/issues. The problem is that this may not be the example to build that commentary on. Should the allegations be false or half true or unproven it’s going to look like this AFL / Australia’s response to mistreatment of First Nations people is ‘nothing to see here’ or ‘we don’t give a shit’. Their need for a platform and to have this situation explored and changes made shouldn’t rest on the investigation of Al Clarkson and Fagan etc. but heckin' will.

Looking forward to the upcoming spate of upper middle class white folks telling indigenous professional athletes that ackchually they are wrong about this issue.

Similarly, I've always admired Sam Mitchell's ruthlessness.

Regurgitating and weaponising his own family trauma to run distraction for his footy club is next level though.

I must say, it is convenient how the same Saint poster sooking about Clark & Hill wanting to leave and play for Clarko, are now entrenched in the Hawthorn racism main board thread. No mention of Fagan though, just Clarkson.

Doesn’t hold back from commenting how disgusting this thread is. Can’t seem to find where they said the same about the Brisbane Fagan thread though.

I must say, it is convenient how the same Saint poster sooking about Clark & Hill wanting to leave and play for Clarko, are now entrenched in the Hawthorn racism main board thread. No mention of Fagan though, just Clarkson.

Doesn’t hold back from commenting how disgusting this thread is. Can’t seem to find where they said the same about the Brisbane Fagan thread though.

I'd be mad too if I followed the Saints

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just checked that person's posting history (I think we're on the same page here). They clearly have a strange hatred against us for whatever reason. More posts about us than the Saints I think lol

Gee that kid impresses me every time I hear about him or watch him.
Curtis is very impressive . How we got him that late in the draft is amazing . He is one of those players similar to when Denis first watched Peter Bell , “ok seen enough, get him off before someone else notices him”. He is definitely a real example of a “hidden gem”type.

Last edited:

One I traumatised with my St Kilda debt thread lol.

Looking forward to the upcoming spate of upper middle class white folks telling indigenous professional athletes that ackchually they are wrong about this issue.

Similarly, I've always admired Sam Mitchell's ruthlessness.

Regurgitating and weaponising his own family trauma to run distraction for his footy club is next level though.
Mitchell drove standards within Hawthorn to the point he put some team mates off side. He's cut from the same cloth as Clarkson.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

Haven’t read any of the media drivel ,can only imagine. Have they written about the time Clarkson was on the mark in a match and he yelled “your Mother wears army boots “
I was there that day.

For it to be defamatory, you need to be able to demonstrate a malicious intent. Who here could be said to have had malicious intent? Jackson wrote about what was in the Hawks report. The Hawks report included statements that may be true to those making them and reflective of their recollections of these discussions. Similarly, Clarko and Fagan may have different, and equally true, recollections of those conversations. Truth will likely lay somewhere in the middle. But no matter how you cut it, malicious intent is a high bar to satisfy and so defamation is off the cards. Even if Clarko wanted to go after the Barrett's and Caros of the world, they're trained to caveat what they say so as for avoid being sued.

"If someone defames you, legal liability generally doesn’t depend upon whether that was malicious or not. It generally doesn’t matter if it was intentional or not. (Actual malice can be relevant to damages, however, as an aggravating element)."

So they tend to try and prove malice to get a bigger payout. If your intent is just to clear your name it isn't important.

Just checking my comprehension skills here.

Am I correct that Caro has tried to unearth more dirt on clarko, called heaps of people, received either high praise for clarko (which seems buried in the article) or no comment. And thus proceeded to dress up Mitchell’s perspective of his relationship with clarko from his autobiography as “fresh allegations” (despite the Mitchell’s not talking to her).

Is this correct?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back