Coach Alastair Clarkson III - new NMFC senior coach until at least end 2027 - NMFC board approved AC to start 1/11 amid ongoing HFC racism investigation

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just checking my comprehension skills here.

Am I correct that Caro has tried to unearth more dirt on clarko, called heaps of people, received either high praise for clarko (which seems buried in the article) or no comment. And thus proceeded to dress up Mitchell’s perspective of his relationship with clarko from his autobiography as “fresh allegations” (despite the Mitchell’s not talking to her).

Is this correct?

Yup.

Mitchell drove standards within Hawthorn to the point he put some team mates off side. He's cut from the same cloth as Clarkson.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

Probably a bit less rounded than Clarkosn.

lol this is actually a positive imo, even though he was a bit of a prick, he cared about the player's welfare and it kind of proves if he was a prick to indigenous player as well then it wasn't racially motivated as they have tried to imply.

Am I correct that Caro has tried to unearth more dirt on clarko, called heaps of people, received either high praise for clarko (which seems buried in the article) or no comment. And thus proceeded to dress up Mitchell’s perspective of his relationship with clarko from his autobiography as “fresh allegations” (despite the Mitchell’s not talking to her).

Is this correct?
Stopped thinking the ongoing vendetta is just crap journalism & accepted it belongs in a seperate category - anti-fan fiction.

Is this correct?
She’s sub human.

I get the feeling Clarko is not going to accept any delay re starting his coaching career. Which is good news. That said I do think it is going to end up in the courts and if I was Hawthorn the AFL and the media I would have the cheque books ready. This is basically all hear say and that don't take you far.

Are they not alleging racial discrimination? That's a crime.

Well you can argue that natural justice has been denied to Clarko and co. Despite requests for the report, requests to comment etc they were denied. The media got hold of the reports but the accused could not? Going to get ugly.

So correct me if I’m wrong - my understanding is that for the last 10-15 years (since proliferation of mobile phones took off) - all players must have their phones handed in on arrival in the rooms and they are locked up until after games. This is based on gambling requirements I think.
How then can that witch call it further allegations when it’s an AFL directive that is well known to have been in place.

I get the feeling Clarko is not going to accept any delay re starting his coaching career. Which is good news. That said I do think it is going to end up in the courts and if I was Hawthorn the AFL and the media I would have the cheque books ready. This is basically all hear say and that don't take you far.
Especially in a balance of probability situation that is the bar in civil proceedings.

The question being was the alleged conduct more likely to have happened to a select group of aboriginal footballers and not any of the other players, thus singling them out.

Pretty ****ing doubtful.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You cannot force someone to have an abortion. Its done in a medical environment with the usual consent forms etc.

I’m not saying I believe the allegations, I’m just saying that is what is being reported. He imprisoned players against their will, and forced (unsuccessfully it seems) their partners into having pregnancy terminated.

lol this is actually a positive imo, even though he was a bit of a prick, he cared about the player's welfare and it kind of proves if he was a prick to indigenous player as well then it wasn't racially motivated as they have tried to imply.
It does have a bit of a humanising effect, I agree.
The headline is weird and misleading, but the allegations here are almost exactly how I have imagined the truth behind the Jackson piece, once both sides of those interactions are laid out.

Ie. a ruthless and intense coach with a tendency to adopt a paternal level of involvement in his players lives, but not a racist psychopath.

So correct me if I’m wrong - my understanding is that for the last 10-15 years (since proliferation of mobile phones took off) - all players must have their phones handed in on arrival in the rooms and they are locked up until after games. This is based on gambling requirements I think.
How then can that witch call it further allegations when it’s an AFL directive that is well known to have been in place.

I assume they took them before that required period, ie like before they flew out.

I’m not saying I believe the allegations, I’m just saying that is what is being reported. He imprisoned players against their will, and forced (unsuccessfully it seems) their partners into having pregnancy terminated.

Yep, and I think you are going to see a response in due course to these media outlets.

It does have a bit of a humanising effect, I agree.
The headline is weird and misleading, but the allegations here are almost exactly how I have imagined the truth behind the Jackson piece, once both sides of those interactions are laid out.

Ie. a ruthless and intense coach with a tendency to adopt a paternal level of involvement in his players lives, but not a racist psychopath.

I think it should also be said, what flew 10 years ago, 20 years ago, 30 years ago, etc doesn't fly now. I think he was already changing how he coached towards the end, it was my main concern that he might not have had the same spark/ruthlessness he had when he was younger.

Wasn’t it alleged that this was the night before the game? I got paywalled.

If it’s true, it’s dickish but it’s not a gross violation.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I think it should also be said, what flew 10 years ago, 20 years ago, 30 years ago, etc doesn't fly now. I think he was already changing how he coached towards the end, it was my main concern that he might not have had the same spark/ruthlessness he had when he was younger.

Yep.

It’s often said kids are soft. No, most just want a respectful reciprocal relationship.

How many of us would be happy working for a bloke who goes nuclear? This is not Clarkson now btw

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back