Coach Alastair Clarkson III - new NMFC senior coach until at least end 2027 - NMFC board approved AC to start 1/11 amid ongoing HFC racism investigation

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, we certainly know why you are posting in here.

I already stayed my opinion. I think it’s shared by the majority on this board. Not racist but overbearing in a manner that was perceived negatively by indigenous players and family which they’re entitled to feel.

If they don’t want to participate in the process, they can coach.

But there are issuejsj here as an industry. And they won’t be canceled by…this board playing the good bloke card when that would have been ridiculed on here before Clarkson put the polo on

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

No f****** s*** Hodge had a different experience to the three First Nation victims.

It doesn’t mean he can’t defend Clarkson as a person, based on his own experiences, when he’s being dragged through the mud.

Not everyone disowns their relationships off the back of one sided accusations. Some people see benefit in people supporting them through sharing their own experiences, whilst the truth remains unclear.

Who the **** is asking him too? We’re in agreement. **** me.

And I’ve been in this board since2004.

There’s more defend of Luke ducking hodge than the scumbag who hung racist shit in Tarryn Thomas. **** me

Show me successful people who are not control freaks? Its part of the DNA of what makes them tick and often what makes them succeed.

Caro has NFI, never has and once again she is going Norf, meanwhile Hardwick and co get a green light.

100%. Aside from the allegations regarding the abortion - which needs to be seriously investigated - the other allegations sound akin to high performance environments.

The merits of those environments can be debated, although there's no escaping that the fact that the system is unforgiving to AFL players who don't perform. Strong leaders should communicate this, rather than just delisting 21 year olds post-facto (which is the industry norm)

The racism, the pressure, and the pastoral care issues are real and should be reported, but I'd contend it's an AFL issue (which needs to be discussed), although the faceless execs at AFL house is happy leaving Clarko as the scapegoat.

No f****** s*** Hodge had a different experience to the three First Nation victims.

It doesn’t mean he can’t defend Clarkson as a person, based on his own experiences, when he’s being dragged through the mud.

Not everyone disowns their relationships off the back of one sided accusations. Some people see benefit in people supporting them through sharing their own experiences, whilst the truth remains unclear.
Exactly

Rushing to defend the integrity of Luke hodge though it was never questioned before having a dip at the supporter who potted Tarryn Thomas, on the north board, is quite a scene.

Pity you and the other dead shits were too busy playing the hodgey good bloke card (which he is) to have a dip at the poster who had a crack at one of our players.

Now you * off to the main board

Wait, are you mad that more people didn't pile in on Smoocher for saying TT is lazy?

I'm not sure whether Clarkson did what's being reported, I'll let an investigation play out and work that one out.

What I find mind-boggling is that he's being labelled a racist of all things. I've seen and read absolutely nothing to suggest he's a racist - he may be a lot of things (controlling, angry, competitive etc.), but racism is not something that appears to be anything near the realms of accurate. To what extent is he controlling and angry, did he cross the line? I think that's what the investigation needs to decide, not whether he's a racist, because those claims are baseless.

Our Clarkson may be a liar, a pig, an idiot, a communist, but he is NOT a pr0n star

Bve7pC9IUAAfF1m.jpg

Anyway, as someone who has experienced racism in their life, I find it incredibly frustrating that labels like this are thrown around with close to no evidence backing it up. One of the things it does is draw attention away from actual racism.

It seems to be the way people deal with differences or behaviour/actions they don't like - throw a label on it and then you don't need to engage your mind. Far left, far right, woke, racist, sexist, nazi, feminist, xenophobe, god-botherer, snowflake.

Throw a label on them, refuse to engage in any meaningful discussion and sit on your couch of self-righteousness as you look down on those who aren't as holy as you in your own estimation. I've done it, you've done it, and it's not something anyone should be proud of and make a habit of.

Good times.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Are you that mad that I showed a tweet which Luke hodge basically said himself?

Dude what's with the attitude? I haven't said shit about that tweet, I was just asking a question to try and figure out what your deal is.

Pity you and the other dead shits were too busy playing the hodgey good bloke card (which he is) to have a dip at the poster who had a crack at one of our players.

Not many people actually read that guys posts I think, unless you're on the lookout for "worst take of the day"

Re Hodge, I think if your mate is going through a trial by media like this, you should be allowed to speak up for him. Doesn't mean it has to have the same weight in context but surely he can still say his piece

Dude what's with the attitude? I haven't said s**t about that tweet, I was just asking a question to try and figure out what your deal is.

I posted a tweet which reworded what hodge said himself. Flames.

Yet an obvious bait about one of our players with clear undertones? Not much.

And a few of you (you too black shadow) can guffaw all you want, but this a really complicated issue and I’m not really sure what the disagreement is; I think we’ve acknowledged the same opinion of what is happening here

Lol.

Firstly, I didn’t play the Hodgey “good bloke card”.

Secondly, that poster is irrelevant to you spamming this thread for the last week.

I posted a tweet which reworded what hodge said himself. Flames.

Yet an obvious bait about one of our players with clear undertones? Not much.

And a few of you (you too black shadow) can guffaw all you want, but this a really complicated issue and I’m not really sure what the disagreement is; I think we’ve acknowledged the same opinion of what is happening here

You’re ****ing triggered mate.

Your first reaction is always to look for the racist aspect and then when that doesn’t hold up you backpedal.

Also I don't think anybody, anywhere, ever is under the illusion that Luke Hodge's path through his career can be meaningfully compared to the alleged experiences. But that was never the point anyway.

Nobody is suggesting hodge is lying or wrong or that it means Clarkson is more likely to have done it..

It’s suggesting different players casn have very different experiences in a football club.

* me I think it was this board where fun was made of the ‘good bloke’ card played by hodge first started

Simple solution to the problems. Can’t stand the heat to be a professional athlete? Get out of the kitchen.

I’d have given my left nut to be an AFL player! Probably tell my wife to have an abortion, rid all of my mates too.. Cry me a river.

Edit: I went alright in WGLPL and cut my teeth in the MGFL .. even made a senior inter league squad.. if the coaches ever said to me … “son, you need to quit getting high with ya mates and stop knockin up birds high on MDMA we’ll give you a shot” … would of signed up in a heart beat..

Yehhhh I can’t remotely empathise with First Nations, I struggle with full understandings, itd heart breaking.. however, to taste the glory of being an elite athlete.. ****, you have to make sacrifices.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back