Coach Alastair Clarkson III - new NMFC senior coach until at least end 2027 - NMFC board approved AC to start 1/11 amid ongoing HFC racism investigation

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
They threadbanned me from the MB one lol, but all those losers are reading this one anyway.

It is quite astounding how nobody there is able to think about this issue beyond "Clarkson is a racist monster".

That's how he came across in Rusty Skills' story sure, and for about ten minutes afterwards I was thinking that he was screwed and we'd be getting a new coach.

But there more that has come out, especially the review itself and its own words, the more its obvious simply not the case.

The idea of Clarkson as a racist never passed the sniff test given his long history in the game with indigenous players, but the the report makes clear that Hawthorn was a culturally safe workplace for the last period he was there.

It also only starts six years into his time there too.

So going by the report itself, we're working on the basis that six years into his time after Hawthorn, Clarkson has suddenly taken a turn and become a racist.

Been racist to three or four players, one of whom is a First Nations person but not Australian Aboriginal, then after six years he stops being racist again and implements what the report itself says is a culturally safe workplace.

That doesn't add up.

And then as Caro helpfully pointed out, one of the central allegations of interfering in family choices also happened to Sam Mitchell.

That was one of the central charges re Clarkson's aggravated racism - would he tell a white player what do with a pregnancy etc ... well, yes, he would and did.

This is about control of players and interfering in their lives, rather than race.

That's a league wide issue and has been happening for a long while.

The bit that's most concerning for me is the allegation that Clarkson "told" a player to "get" his partner to have an abortion.

I have no doubt that's how the player remembers it now. And that's the stuff Clarkson says he has clear memory of.

Just as I can believe why the player thinks Clarkson told him to get an abortion, I can also see Clarkson will say that's not the context it happened in, and certainly not what he did - issue an order.

Jackson didn't know what he had. He thought he had a story about Clarkson being a racist. Instead he had a story about footy clubs becoming waaay too involved in players lives.

That Richmond peanut with the 'Wish' Gordon Ramsay as an avatar will be in here shortly.

That St Kilda bloke I could remotely command to set himself on fire outside a Coles, such is the psychological hold I have over him.

No one was treated differently under clarkson. Everyone received the same treatment. There is no tip toeing around.. arguably the least racist and most equal treatment of people.. “you’re all maggots” not white, black and between.. all the same.

Well.. it works, the campaigner is arguably the greatest coach of all time.

Alastair Clarkson’s treatment has been labelled “incredibly disheartening” and a “bit distasteful” by fellow AFL coach Damien Hardwick amid growing support for the embattled ex-Hawks mentor.

Just a week after Roos club president Dr Sonja Hood described Clarkson as being “fragile”, former colleague Damien Hardwick said the coach was “not in a great place”.

“I know this guy. I’ve known him for a hell of a long time and he’s not in a great place, let’s be perfectly honest,” Hardwick said at a WAFL grand final function in Perth.

“To have that accusation and alleged incidents thrown at you and then splashed across the media when you don’t have an opportunity to defend yourself is incredibly disheartening and probably a little bit distasteful.

“What we do have to do is work our way through it, come to the other side and hopefully, for the benefit of everyone, we grow and we learn together.”

What are they angling at? Do they want to see him become a statistic over this?

They need to jam this "stepping down" nonsense, and allow the bloke to do what he should be doing, which is coach. Sure, he'll participate in the investigation and respect the process, etc. But this situation of him being talked about constantly in the media is just consuming him, which is clearly not healthy for the guy.

No one was treated differently under clarkson. Everyone received the same treatment. There is no tip toeing around.. arguably the least racist and most equal treatment of people.. “you’re all maggots” not white, black and between.. all the same.

Well.. it works, the campaigner is arguably the greatest coach of all time.
"I'm not racist. I hate all races equally"

They threadbanned me from the MB one lol, but all those losers are reading this one anyway.

It is quite astounding how nobody there is able to think about this issue beyond "Clarkson is a racist monster".

That's how he came across in Rusty Skills' story sure, and for about ten minutes afterwards I was thinking that he was screwed and we'd be getting a new coach.

But there more that has come out, especially the review itself and its own words, the more its obvious simply not the case.

The idea of Clarkson as a racist never passed the sniff test given his long history in the game with indigenous players, but the the report makes clear that Hawthorn was a culturally safe workplace for the last period he was there.

So going by the report itself, we're working on the basis that six years into his time after Hawthorn, Clarkson has suddenly taken a turn and become a racist.

Been racist to three or four players, one of whom is a First Nations person but not Australian Aboriginal, then after six years he stops being racist again and implements what the report itself says is a culturally safe workplace.

That doesn't add up.

And then as Caro helpfully pointed out, one of the central allegations of interfering in family choices also happened to Sam Mitchell.

That was one of the central charges re Clarkson's aggravated racism - would he tell a white player what do with a pregnancy etc ... well, yes, he would and did.

This is about control of players and interfering in their lives, rather than race.

The bit that's most concerning for me is the allegation that Clarkson "told" a player to "get" his partner to have an abortion.

I have no doubt that's how the player remembers it now. And that's the stuff Clarkson says he has clear memory of.

Just as I can believe why the player thinks Clarkson told him to get an abortion, I can also see Clarkson will say that's not the context it happened in, and certainly not what he did - issue an order.

Jackson didn't know what he had. He thought he had a story about Clarkson being a racist. Instead he had a story about footy clubs becoming waaay too involved in players lives.

The main board terrifies me. Some of the most brainwashed, easily manipulated, cretins, I've ever seen. The way they argue things, makes me cringe.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That doesn't add up.

Think about this. They’re people that have literally spent their entire week (and Friday/Saturday night) calling people they don’t know racists and bigots on an anonymous football forum, to an issue that does not relate in any way to their own club.

We are talking about people with legitimately, no life.

wow GIF

“It was a storytelling where those telling the stories asked for confidentiality, we respected that. Sadly, they made the decision to talk to the press. In talking to the press, they named people with whom the had very real issues…”

“…that was unfair to those people, therefore we need to have this resolved.”

“The one thing the investigation showed, was we have a safe cultural workplace now. These are issues of the past…”

Think about this. They’re people that have literally spent their entire week (and Friday/Saturday night) calling people they don’t know racists and bigots on an anonymous football forum, to an issue that does not relate in any way to their own club.

We are talking about people with legitimately, no life.

wow GIF
This is Elite AFL footy.. this is not treatment at the local milk bar. Don’t like being told that you may need to change your life style to be an elite player then you can ship off

“It was a storytelling where those telling the stories asked for confidentiality, we respected that. Sadly, they made the decision to talk to the press. In talking to the press, they named people with whom the had very real issues…”

“The one thing the investigation showed, was we have a safe cultural workplace now. These are issues of the past…”
He is a lunatic.

“It was a storytelling where those telling the stories asked for confidentiality, we respected that. Sadly, they made the decision to talk to the press. In talking to the press, they named people with whom they had very real issues…”

What a f*cking prick! So in other words it’s not a Hawthorn issue it’s a Clarko / Fagan issue.

Full article

Hawks racism scandal: President Jeff Kennett slams leaking of report

Hawthorn president Jeff Kennett has slammed the leaking of the club’s racism report to media as “unfair” and says he is hopeful that mediation can resolve the issues raised “before the end of the year”.

Speaking for the first time since the report surfaced, Kennett said he did “not consider this to be a crisis” despite himself being “flabbergasted and worse” when he first read the shocking details contained in it.

The review, conducted by Indigenous former Richmond player Phil Egan, revealed allegations from Hawks players and their partners that claimed they had been subjected to “bullying and intimidation tactics … used to isolate First Nations players from their families and communities”.

“We wanted them to tell their stories about their time at Hawthorn and since,” Kennett said at the club’s best-and-fairest count on Saturday night.
“But it wasn’t an inquiry in that sense. It was to make sure, as we always do, we put the welfare of our people first.

“It was a story telling where those telling the stories asked for confidentiality. We respected that. Sadly they made a decision to talk to the press and sadly they named people with whom they had very real issues. That was unfair to those people, so therefore we need to have this resolved.”
Jeff Kennett with former Hawthorn coach Alastair Clarkson, who is the subject of some serious allegations.
Jeff Kennett with former Hawthorn coach Alastair Clarkson, who is the subject of some serious allegations.

Serious allegations were levelled at former key Hawthorn officials, including then-senior coach Alastair Clarkson, former Hawks football boss Chris Fagan, another ex-Hawks football boss in Mark Evans and ex-football department staffer Jason Burt.

Clarkson, Fagan and Burt have all strongly denied the allegations and were not interviewed as part of the report.

“I don’t know how long it will take to resolve,” Kennett said.

“I hope that all parties can come together in some form of mediation and it could be resolved before the end of the year so that people can get on with their lives and our players and our coaches can all focus on the thing we salute them for.”

While not referring to the review specifically, first-year Hawthorn coach Sam Mitchell said he took the welfare of his players and staff seriously and said he was proud of the growth of the group off the field this year.

Jeff Kennett has backed the opportunity for the accused to respond to the allegations in the upcoming investigation.
Jeff Kennett has backed the opportunity for the accused to respond to the allegations in the upcoming investigation.

“Looking after our people will be my responsibility — absolutely — until the day I leave this club,” Mitchell said.

“While we’ve taken a huge amount of strides on the field…. we’ve made a lot more ground off the field.”

Kennett — who served as Hawthorn president from 2005 to 2011 before returning to take back the reins in 2017 — said the report was “a bump along the highway” but an “important bump”.

“The one thing that the investigation showed was that we have a safe, cultural workplace now. So these are issues of the past,” he said.

“What I hope will come in future is if anyone has an issue in the future … if you believe there has been inappropriate behaviour, tell us at the time.
Go to the CEO or go to the head of football. We don’t want anyone to feel and carry the burden of inappropriate behaviour if, in fact, inappropriate behaviour is proven. Because at this stage we’ve only had one side.”

Kennett — who served as Hawthorn president from 2005 to 2011 before returning to take back the reins in 2017 — said the report was “a bump along the highway” but an “important bump”.

The report looks at 2010 - 2016, nobody has ever explained why this specific timeframe.

LOL, Jeff openly said never commission a report you don't know what the outcome will be - and commissioned a report for the bits when he wasn't there ffs.

The report looks at 2010 - 2016, nobody has ever explained why this specific timeframe.

LOL, Jeff openly said never commission a report you don't know what the outcome will be - and commissioned a report for the bits when he wasn't there ffs.
He's a political animal. He's playing everyone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back