Coach Alastair Clarkson III - new NMFC senior coach until at least end 2027 - NMFC board approved AC to start 1/11 amid ongoing HFC racism investigation

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Clarko: Look to my coming on the first light of the fifth day, at dawn look to the North.
the lord of the rings horse GIF
yep this is the sort of entrance next week i want to see filmed by the media team

This is a shocking take.
The colonisation of this country took place under the violent auspices of a legal fiction - terra nullius - where First Nations people were rendered subhuman.
None of the initiatives you've listed make amends for that.
They never ceded their sovereignty. The high court has declared it still exists today.
Constitutional recognition, a treaty, and closing the gap is the bare minimum we as a country should be striving for.
The time for excuses and white victimhood is over.

This is a shit take

What we can't ask the question? Just because you say that you're Aboriginal shouldn't automatically make you one or entitle you to the benefits without proof. It costs the tax payers $43 billion to support many of the 800,000(+) who many would argue are genuinely not entitled to a cent. Yes there should be legitimacy tests for those who claim or receive benefits. What's wrong with doing that? It's our money, not the government's, the government just take our money and in many instances waste it and mis-spend it. Would you argue that we write anybody who claims Aboriginality a blank cheque?

As I said there is a damn lot being done by extremely good and well meaning people, including extremely generous funding by government (tax-payers). $43 billion is more money and resources than what 75% of the nations of the world actually spend on their entire populations.

That said, I would prefer for the money to get where it's needed rather than fund the privileged whitefellas like Senator Lidia Thorpe who agitate by donning Black, Red and Yellow bandannas and clothing protesting about how hard done by they all are while they burn our flag. You know, I've never seen a white person burning an Aboriginal Flag? Why is that? The media would definitely leap on it and it would be front page news and all over our TV screens if somebody did. You only have to look at the attention that one little 13 year old girl in Sydney got for yelling out a racial slur at Adam Goodes. What do you reckon? :think::think::think:

Probably stop now

If you don't believe that First Nations people are entitled to the same health and education outcomes as the rest of us then you're racist.

Pretty simple stuff.

How does one “enforce” a healthcare outcome?

Life expectancy for an indigenous man is about 70, vs about 80 for a white man.

Are you saying that to bridge that gap, govt officials should enforce what they think are the right lifestyle choices for indigenous people? They seems to be clarko territory there.

Or when you say First Nations people should have the same health outcomes as white people, do you actually mean access to the same healthcare standards?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Let’s get back (see what I did there) to bagging out wings.

Absolute pox

How does one “enforce” a healthcare outcome?
That's not what this conversation is about. Its up to indigenous people to determine their own outcomes.
In a practical sense, its been the Coalition of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peak Organisations working with Australian governments to identify which outcomes are most important.

Are you saying that to bridge that gap, govt officials should enforce what they think are the right lifestyle choices for indigenous people? They seems to be clarko territory there.
We're well past this stage where paternalism is the MO of health delivery.
Its only through partnerships with aboriginal peak organisations that closing the gap will be achieved.
Or when you say First Nations people should have the same health outcomes as white people, do you actually mean access to the same healthcare standards?
First Nations people have decided they want to close the gap in life expectancy by 2031.

Most Australians, including me, think its important that we work together to make that happen.

I agree but I also think that unless the original post gets moved/deleted its absolutely fair game.
Honestly I don’t think it’s a conversation for a footy board. There’s just too many ins and outs , considerations et al. Hence why I’m reluctant to use the term “stitch up” for this case. It’s so incredibly complex, that’s why I’m happy for the most detailed , broad ranging investigation . I hope Clarko can get through it

PS wings still suck

Very strange take. So the white people who want to just go about burning flags of minorities without negative feedback or public backlash are victims? Plenty of people have burnt aboriginal flags, and funnily enough they have usually belonged to white supremacist groups. The reason you don't see it more often is because most people aren't white supremacists, and have no interest in burning aboriginal flags. If the only reason you don't burn a flag is because you are scared of the attention, maybe you need to look a little deeper into where your desire comes from.
Cmon lomas, is burning Aboriginal flags a thing in regard to actually happining on a regular scale? having grown up in towns where aboriginals made up a reasonable presence i have never experienced or heard of such actions.

Not saying there was complete harmony either. Plenty of fighting and such. But this was generally alcocol fueled spur of the moment stuff or long standing grudges between individuals or groups.

That's not what this conversation is about. Its up to indigenous people to determine their own outcomes.
In a practical sense, its been the Coalition of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peak Organisations working with Australian governments to identify which outcomes are most important.

We're well past this stage where paternalism is the MO of health delivery.
Its only through partnerships with aboriginal peak organisations that closing the gap will be achieved.

First Nations people have decided they want to close the gap in life expectancy by 2031.

Most Australians, including me, think its important that we work together to make that happen.

Couldn’t agree more.

There’s a problem, we (aust society) are helping indigenous people to solve the problem.

So why are we using it to highlight racism etc.

Cmon lomas, is burning Aboriginal flags a thing in regard to actually happining on a regular scale? having grown up in towns where aboriginals made up a reasonable presence i have never experienced or heard of such actions.

Not saying there was complete harmony either. Plenty of fighting and such. But this was generally alcocol fueled spur of the moment stuff or long standing grudges between individuals or groups.
Is the Alcohol angle cultural or socio economic?

No, I was responding to a post that appeared to bemoan the fact that if you wanted to burn a flag you'd receive criticism.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back