Coach Alastair Clarkson - NMFC Senior Coach - Coaching & Football Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

The uncertainty surrounding the coach was a contributing factor to the departure of No. 1 pick Jason Horne-Francis.​

Total BS. It was used as cover for draft tampering, as any self respecting journalist would be aware. Remember Koch on his TV 'show' blurted out that "we (ie Tarpies) have been into him for 6 months" before extracting his foot from his mouth. Anyone can do the maths...JHF wanted out in October; 6 months earlier is April, start of the season.

Read it earlier over my morning coffee, an unpalatable way to start the weekend but I guess predictable that this sort of piece would appear soon.

I for one am not sure why she pluralised the word 'players', I thought it was one player, Webster, that Clarkson swore at. Unless I'm remembering it incorrectly, it's another inaccuracy that will go unchallenged.

It is unfortunate the club took so long to organise Clarkson’s counselling with Pride Australia given the potentially serious nature of his confrontation with those St Kilda players.

The uncertainty surrounding the coach was a contributing factor to the departure of No. 1 pick Jason Horne-Francis.​

Total BS. It was used as cover for draft tampering, as any self respecting journalist would be aware. Remember Koch on his TV 'show' blurted out that "we (ie Tarpies) have been into him for 6 months" before extracting his foot from his mouth. Anyone can do the maths...JHF wanted out in October; 6 months earlier is April, start of the season.
No doubt they were into him from the start, but there was considerable uncertainty about the future of David Noble in the early months of that season, and there was uncertainty about whether we would get Clarkson right up until it was announced. Of course it "was a contributing factor".

And clubs talk to players all through the year, so that's not particularly a concern either.

Look, they took us for suckers and I'm sure if we had our time again, we'd do it differently.

It's a long time ago now, time to move on.

The club has to address Wilson's article front on as mentioned in the commentary and media thread. Her - like other journos - suggesting we should've tanked/cheated, the disunity allegations, blowing things out of all proportion all need to be addressed by Sonja in the media.

The idea we thought he was a saint. He's a 4 time premiership coach with an edge. It's a stressful job, we knew we'd be working on things with him. We're unified. Move on.

No doubt it gave his camp the perfect out. He probably would've seen out his 2 years, made a nuisance of himself, and requested a trade.

In the end, what can you do about it's lies? If anyone calls it out, it shrieks about being bullied.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

No doubt they were into him from the start, but there was considerable uncertainty about the future of David Noble in the early months of that season, and there was uncertainty about whether we would get Clarkson right up until it was announced. Of course it "was a contributing factor".

And clubs talk to players all through the year, so that's not particularly a concern either.

Look, they took us for suckers and I'm sure if we had our time again, we'd do it differently.

It's a long time ago now, time to move on.
He was leaving regardless. This just opened up an opportunity.

The club has to address Wilson's article front on as mentioned in the commentary and media thread. Her - like other journos - suggesting we should've tanked/cheated, the disunity allegations, blowing things out of all proportion all need to be addressed by Sonja in the media.

The idea we thought he was a saint. He's a 4 time premiership coach with an edge. It's a stressful job, we knew we'd be working on things with him. We're unified. Move on.
You get Clarko, you get the full package. I doubt we were unaware.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You get Clarko, you get the full package. I doubt we were unaware.

That's right - but Wilson is blowing things out of all proportion and insinuating we're shocked and astounded which is undoubtedly BS. Sonja needs to address this in the media. It's a vendetta amongst a few precious journos.

That's right - but Wilson is blowing things out of all proportion and insinuating we're shocked and astounded which is undoubtedly BS. Sonja needs to address this in the media. It's a vendetta amongst a few precious journos.
As long as it’s just one article by this commentator, I’d hope and expect the club will ignore it. Literally everyone in football knows she has a vendetta against the club and Clarkson.

Even the way she’s written it she talks up the negatives but has to admit it’s really not a problem for anyone at NMFC, especially not for any players.

It’s only a problem if it escalates to a) any genuine uncertainty about him coaching the contract, or b) any behaviour that affects the players on the list, especially the high end ones. As long as the players are ok about the path they are on and they are confident he will oversee the path forward, there is no issue to manage.

Remember when people were telling us to go easy on Caroline on here?

What’s the point of coming out while this hawthorn stuff is going on, especially after she labeled him as guilty when it broke out… along with flog gaze and Maher.

She’s obviously either got a vendetta or she is being paid off to attack him

As long as it’s just one article by this commentator, I’d hope and expect the club will ignore it. Literally everyone in football knows she has a vendetta against the club and Clarkson.

Even the way she’s written it she talks up the negatives but has to admit it’s really not a problem for anyone at NMFC, especially not for any players.

It’s only a problem if it escalates to a) any genuine uncertainty about him coaching the contract, or b) any behaviour that affects the players on the list, especially the high end ones. As long as the players are ok about the path they are on and they are confident he will oversee the path forward, there is no issue to manage.
But it's not just this one article by Wilson. It's been a campaign from a number of senior journos with media platforms and with vendettas against Clarko and North. All blowing his behaviour out of proportion and trying to paint a picture of disunity. The ongoing blame the club has received for not tanking is ridiculous and should be addressed.

But it's not just this one article by Wilson. It's been a campaign from a number of senior journos with media platforms and with vendettas against Clarko and North. All blowing his behaviour out of proportion and trying to paint a picture of disunity. The ongoing blame the club has received for not tanking is ridiculous and should be addressed.
If it’s not working, you don’t give it oxygen. Again - nothing stops this except better performances on the field. And once they are happening, this goes away.

If it’s not working, you don’t give it oxygen. Again - nothing stops this except better performances on the field. And once they are happening, this goes away.
Have to agree. Whilst we all know Caro has a hate agenda against us not everything she says in this article is wrong. Clarko has attracted poor media a few times now and that doesn't help when we are down. He needs to lead by example. The pressures on him with other matters must be crushing at times. But start winning and watch media focus change. Right now we are as vulnerable as we have ever been and will attract this sort of media.

Have to agree. Whilst we all know Caro has a hate agenda against us not everything she says in this article is wrong. Clarko has attracted poor media a few times now and that doesn't help when we are down. He needs to lead by example. The pressures on him with other matters must be crushing at times. But start winning and watch media focus change. Right now we are as vulnerable as we have ever been and will attract this sort of media.
They literally have nothing else to talk about with North at the moment. And honestly it could be a lot worse.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back