Coach Alastair Clarkson - NMFC Senior Coach - Coaching & Football Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

We need to start hitting more than 2 wins a season, that would be nice.

At bare minimum I wanted a 5-7 win season. I expect that next year as a guarantee with a pre-season, some big list changes and improved fitness & cohesion with our previous crop of draftees and younger talent as they have proven to be able to really compete in games, just not over 4 quarters.

We need to start hitting more than 2 wins a season, that would be nice.

At bare minimum I wanted a 5-7 win season. I expect that next year as a guarantee with a pre-season, some big list changes and improved fitness & cohesion with our previous crop of draftees and younger talent as they have proven to be able to really compete in games, just not over 4 quarters.
A full year with only one coach would be great too.

There’s a few on here whose last win was still against Port in 2019. Goldi went nuts and Brown kicked 10.
Victorians have themselves to blame if they CHOSE not to attend the Melbourne wins last year let alone Rd 1 this year or WA fans for Rd 2

Last edited:
Based on what we’ve shown this year, anything between 5 and 12 wins should be expected. Anything less would be a failure.
Yep I will be starting to get worried if we don't start to see progress like Adelaide and Hawthorn have developed nicely in their rebuilds.

Our close losses this year do give me some hope as last year we lost by 40-60pts nearly every week.

Sydney - 3pts
Essendon X2 - 6 & 9pts
St Kilda - 8pts
WCE - 5pts

Hmm, we really showed close to * all this year. I'd be happy with any progression. Four wins will likely be twice as many.
Last year we had what, one game lost by single digits?

This year we've had five. And we've held up a little better in games overall.

No 100 point losses so far either.

This year's been slightly better to my eye. On average you'd expect further improvement next year, with consistency in coaching personnel and a tough preseason to come.

But I'll hold off on predictions till we know what's happening with the McKay situation and who his replacement might be

I've liked what we've done with selection this year. Sure there are some we look at and go wtf but it looks like we're working out where everything sits and players have had their chance. Far better than recent seasons.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Heard Sonja on triplem today say that clarko called her after the West Coast game and said the first quarter was encouraging because "if they were playing like this and they were doing what I asked them to, I'd be nervous."

He seems very confident that once they learn the system we'll turn around quickly, and it's a nice little counter to questions around gameplan recently.

Heard Sonja on triplem today say that clarko called her after the West Coast game and said the first quarter was encouraging because "if they were playing like this and they were doing what I asked them to, I'd be nervous."

He seems very confident that once they learn the system we'll turn around quickly, and it's a nice little counter to questions around gameplan recently.
I call BS on how that phone call when down..
It would’ve been something more like this.
Show Me The Money GIF

Games that people play or more?

“Hawthorn coach Sam Mitchell has refused to open the door for his predecessor and four-time club premiership coach Alastair Clarkson to attend the club’s 2013 reunion next month.

In a sign that tensions remain high between the Hawks, Mitchell and his former mentor, Clarkson said he would need to work out “who’s going” to the club celebration at Crown on September 26 before deciding whether to attend….

“And actually the stuff around the human rights commission, all that sort of stuff too … I haven’t really needed to worry about that until we get some sort of indication from the league where that’s all at.”

“That’ll be up to him, I think he’s got his press conference later on (Thursday) … I’m looking forward to it, it’s nice this week playing against Freo, with (premiership teammate) David Hale and I on the coaching staff, we have a bit of a reminisce,” Mitchell said.

“Like I said, you can ask him,” he said when asked again about Clarkson attending.”

Games that people play or more?

“Hawthorn coach Sam Mitchell has refused to open the door for his predecessor and four-time club premiership coach Alastair Clarkson to attend the club’s 2013 reunion next month.

In a sign that tensions remain high between the Hawks, Mitchell and his former mentor, Clarkson said he would need to work out “who’s going” to the club celebration at Crown on September 26 before deciding whether to attend….

“And actually the stuff around the human rights commission, all that sort of stuff too … I haven’t really needed to worry about that until we get some sort of indication from the league where that’s all at.”

“That’ll be up to him, I think he’s got his press conference later on (Thursday) … I’m looking forward to it, it’s nice this week playing against Freo, with (premiership teammate) David Hale and I on the coaching staff, we have a bit of a reminisce,” Mitchell said.

“Like I said, you can ask him,” he said when asked again about Clarkson attending.”
Why do these idiots have to ask him questions about the Hawks.
Looking for headlines...smh

This is where this stuff gets confusing though, the players rated him but they achieved nothing under his watch.

Bookmark this:

The next few years will show that Dew got more out of that team than many others would’ve. Ratten at Carlton style.
They’ve got the shiny experienced coach who has walked into a list ready for him to reap the rewards. I don’t think he will. Retrospect and history will be kind to Stewie. People will look back and say “maybe he was the best option”.

Love it. Part of me hopes he leans into becoming a heel.

This was the first presser that the Alastair Clarkson I imagined as our coach emerged.

Was like watching the feistier 2004-15 Hawthorn version roll out very much in our colours.

Remove this Banner Ad

Coach Alastair Clarkson - NMFC Senior Coach - Coaching & Football Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back