Coach Alastair Clarkson - NMFC Senior Coach - Coaching & Football Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

The change is probably fair given he's assessed the place for 12 months but at the same time it's more change.
I hope we can settle down a coaching group somewhat from a player's point of view the next few years.

Does anyone know wtf a development coach actually does?
I mentioned that Brown and Blakey have moved on to the better half a few minutes back. She's OK with that and also wonders what Brown's job actually was. She noted that Blakey has been virtually silent and was not the one who stepped up at any stage into the acting senior coach role so she is also OK with that. But then I copped a blast about Clarkson as she feels that we've been dudded ever since Laidley in terms of coaches and she's not yet convinced about Al-clarko. She added Viney for good measure.

And she's a lifelong North person.

If I am to get any peace, 2024 needs to be the year of the roo!

With Boomer stepping down because he doesn't want to go full time, and now Brown leaving, do we actually have any current development coaches?
Kearney and Josh Gibson wherever he is lol

Playing the devils advocate here. Obviously I’m pro Clarko.

You could look at it as getting rid of dead wood and things that just haven’t worked. But at the same time, you could be thinking, the guy takes off for most of the season, and then swings the axe. That could feel a bit rich?

I would very much like know the reasoning for Blakey, couldn’t care about Brown.
That's not devil's advocate, that's pure bad faith. Clarko had a fair bit of time at the club either side of his hiatus. He'll be familiar with where things are at

That's not devil's advocate, that's pure bad faith. Clarko had a fair bit of time at the club either side of his hiatus. He'll be familiar with where things are at
No it’s not.
I think it’s negligent not to look at this at all angles. A favourite premiership player lasts two-three years. I’d like to hear more than just putting faith into the coach.

No it’s not.
I think it’s negligent not to look at this at all angles. A favourite premiership player lasts two-three years. I’d like to hear more than just putting faith into the coach.
I’ll back Clarko & Viney on this one.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Playing the devils advocate here. Obviously I’m pro Clarko.

You could look at it as getting rid of dead wood and things that just haven’t worked. But at the same time, you could be thinking, the guy takes off for most of the season, and then swings the axe. That could feel a bit rich?

I would very much like know the reasoning for Blakey, couldn’t care about Brown.
Or as with most of these things, quite a few key people would've had input into the decisions.

I mentioned that Brown and Blakey have moved on to the better half a few minutes back. She's OK with that and also wonders what Brown's job actually was. She noted that Blakey has been virtually silent and was not the one who stepped up at any stage into the acting senior coach role so she is also OK with that. But then I copped a blast about Clarkson as she feels that we've been dudded ever since Laidley in terms of coaches and she's not yet convinced about Al-clarko. She added Viney for good measure.

And she's a lifelong North person.

If I am to get any peace, 2024 needs to be the year of the roo!
l have learnt that you cannot get any peace if you have an opinion thats not the same as your better half...:laughing:

Remove this Banner Ad

Coach Alastair Clarkson - NMFC Senior Coach - Coaching & Football Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back