Coach Alastair Clarkson - NMFC Senior Coach - Coaching & Football Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

There’s a new Ghibli movie out fyiCannot believe i logged in out of season, but I must ask ye of impecable tasste
Cannot believe I logged in out of season but I must, SMaturin you person of impeccable taste, you know anything on the aussie release? I just checked all of my internets but only learned that its likely to be available on netflix aus at some point in 2024. Ghibli at the cinema would have me queueing up for a covid jab asap, assuming they're still needed for cinema entrance and that there's still people lining up for them. Covid hey, still a thing? Sry wrong thread. Back on topic, I found Commander Keen quite captivating but in the end no competition for Lemmings.

Cannot believe I logged in out of season but I must, SMaturin you person of impeccable taste, you know anything on the aussie release? I just checked all of my internets but only learned that its likely to be available on netflix aus at some point in 2024. Ghibli at the cinema would have me queueing up for a covid jab asap, assuming they're still needed for cinema entrance and that there's still people lining up for them. Covid hey, still a thing? Sry wrong thread. Back on topic, I found Commander Keen quite captivating but in the end no competition for Lemmings.
I know no more than you.

You’d think an independent would run it.

Nova? Kino?

I’d love to see it on the big screen first.

Man, I can't believe I missed the video game chat. It was my time to shine!

My top 10 games of all time, in no particular order:
  1. Half-Life
  2. The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
  3. Civilization
  4. WoW (2007-2011~)
  5. The Last of Us
  6. Portal/Portal 2
  7. Rimworld
  8. Sonic II
  9. Day of the Tentacle
  10. Rollercoaster Tycoon 2
I struggle to think what's got a harder difficulty curve - your average Rimworld session or your average North Melbourne season

I struggle to think what's got a harder difficulty curve - your average Rimworld session or your average North Melbourne season

I would love to turn Luke McDonald into a hat. At least he'd be useful then ;)

Some PS2 classics I fell in love with instantly:
  • Winning Eleven/PES
  • Burnout 2 and 3 Takedown
  • Driver
  • AFL 2006 (favourite bug is when the ball hits the post, doesn't register in the game and it's still play on if it stays in!)
  • NFS MW, Underground and Carbon
  • GTA San Andreas
  • Mortal Kombat: Shaolin Monks
  • GTA VC
  • God of War...
The list goes on!

Loser's, the lot of you.

Yep, this younger generation have no idea. I still have my Atari console and games from about 1980. Spent many fun hours playing Space Invaders & Asteroid. Then mum bought me a cartridge that had something like 30 different games on it, opened up a whole new world. Remember boxing being my favourite.

It stopped working years ago, but I just can't part with it, think I'll put it in my will to be cremated with me when I go.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep, this younger generation have no idea. I still have my Atari console and games from about 1980. Spent many fun hours playing Space Invaders & Asteroid. Then mum bought me a cartridge that had something like 30 different games on it, opened up a whole new world. Remember boxing being my favourite.

It stopped working years ago, but I just can't part with it, think I'll put it in my will to be cremated with me when I go.

River Raid or Gtfo

(Except Yars Revenge)

There used to be this thing called MAME (Multiple arcade machine emulator) and what it does is build a copy of the old circuit boards from the arcade video games and consoles of the 1980s then run them in VR to make the games work (approximately, some of our more tech savvy guys might be able to correct anything I got wrong there). Its a wild idea and about 20 years ago I used to have it on an old desktop. I'm sure there were roms for it that played Atari games if you ever want to go down memory lane.

There used to be this thing called MAME (Multiple arcade machine emulator) and what it does is build a copy of the old circuit boards from the arcade video games and consoles of the 1980s then run them in VR to make the games work (approximately, some of our more tech savvy guys might be able to correct anything I got wrong there). Its a wild idea and about 20 years ago I used to have it on an old desktop. I'm sure there were roms for it that played Atari games if you ever want to go down memory lane.

MAME still exists.

Good information - thankyou. Will have a look. I'm sure the Atari would say thankyou too, you may have saved it from going up in flames.....though hopefully that wouldn't have been for a few years yet anyway.

You know you're going badly when you say something so ridiculous even Caro and McClure call you out on it rather than joining in for another pile on against North.

Fair back down to first claim it was widely touted as a coaching "dream team" to then be begging to have it acknowledged that there was maybe "a fair bit of positivity" around the coaching team :laughing:
He grasped at straws by adding something about north supporters were saying it or something. Omg.

Remove this Banner Ad

Coach Alastair Clarkson - NMFC Senior Coach - Coaching & Football Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back