Alberton Footy League

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Devon ground was in fairly good nick Duckdog haha, it would be up there with the best surfaces in the league atm :) Albi was put on Box Hill's list when he turned 18 but didn't want go much further so just came back to country footy.

toora, mdu and bass are shocking from what i've seen...
Killy Bass are very much on the rise, trust me i watch them every week.
Last year and alot before last year they were atrocious but new captain coach new players and we are improving. Oh and to answer your questions Bass have a bad oval because they keep spending money on players:p

It is horrible. Wasn't allowed to use it last Monday for training:(

I think Mutley #3 was talking about ovals there. So they spend money on players but still can't crack the top 6?

The Devon ground was in fairly good nick Duckdog haha, it would be up there with the best surfaces in the league atm :) Albi was put on Box Hill's list when he turned 18 but didn't want go much further so just came back to country footy.
didnt want to go further?... or just lack of committment and self control?

tremaine tohriaki for league best and fairest reasonable prediction i think

The man of the moment Albi Russel is a smokey. He woulda got 3 votes against allies (21 goals), 3 votes against Toora (13 goals), 3 against dalyston (9 goals ), 2 or 3 against Burra (6 goals). And no doubt there will be plenty more to come.

Steve O brien will romp it in and Damo holmes not to far behind him.Both also made the vic squad too jamie cann dont even compare to these 2 anyone who has played in this comp for a few years will agree

Steve O'brien is very good, played for Casy and viced capt. them a couple years back.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

...and Jaimie Cann played 120 games of VFL footy too? The only reason he didn't make the Vic squad was because he has been on an AFL list and you can't choose players who have been on AFL lists. Same reason Damien Adkins didn't get picked...and Jaimie dominated against bass to so you're obviously not judging him on that 1 game.

...and Jaimie Cann played 120 games of VFL footy too? The only reason he didn't make the Vic squad was because he has been on an AFL list and you can't choose players who have been on AFL lists. Same reason Damien Adkins didn't get picked...and Jaimie dominated against bass to so you're obviously not judging him on that 1 game.

There is no rule that people who have been on AFL lists cant get picked. Joe McLaren plays every year. I think most former AFL players that play country footy dont want to play in it.

Well i am sure i read Joe McLaren is in the squad and I think he was captain last year. I assume its the one that played for the saints.

Was Cann ever on an AFL list or just a rookie list?

I think Able Seamon has very little knowledge on a lot of things football seeming to be number 1. If you want to make rash statements you need to be able to back them up mate. The reason jamie cann is not in the state squad is because he is not at a level that these guys are. He can play the game no doubt it's funny though because the state squad with the lower leagues is a bit of a joke anyway there are much better players running around in high standard comps that dont get the opportunity because the main state squad is full of great players playing the higher standard eg Mornington,geelong,ballarat,gippsland,bendigo leagues just to name a few. If these players were to go back and play in the lower leagues they too would get to play for the vcfl lets not get to excited about a bloke playing well in a comp thats not close to the major league football.

well if he wanted to go further he would've had the commitment and self control?
I'm not sure about this but i was told it was because he had bad smoking and drinking habits he didn't want to give up? Not sure if theres any truth to that, found it hard to believe, do you know Able?

he doesnt win his own footy! he gets on the end of good delivery,.. im not sayin hes not a decent player hes a good player 21 goals is a fair effort and he takes a good contested mark... but he doesnt earn the footy umpires like the hard ball, ferocious contester... not cherry pickers

What a load of bollocks this is. Takes a good contested mark but doesn't win his own ball?? The book of "MDU ferocious contesters" is about the same size as " Italian War Heroes"

ever heard of packs? they're the things that happen on a footy field where the 'own ball' is earnt

I think Able Seamon has very little knowledge on a lot of things football seeming to be number 1. If you want to make rash statements you need to be able to back them up mate. The reason jamie cann is not in the state squad is because he is not at a level that these guys are. He can play the game no doubt it's funny though because the state squad with the lower leagues is a bit of a joke anyway there are much better players running around in high standard comps that dont get the opportunity because the main state squad is full of great players playing the higher standard eg Mornington,geelong,ballarat,gippsland,bendigo leagues just to name a few. If these players were to go back and play in the lower leagues they too would get to play for the vcfl lets not get to excited about a bloke playing well in a comp thats not close to the major league football.
rabble a very sensible post in which i agree with.... a funny thing is that the mornigton peninsula nepean football league is actually classified as a country football league.. or so i am told.. i was surprised and sceptical to hear it aswell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back