Alberton Footy League

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
they never had that tag. Foster were always favourites, Tarwin were the 'quite achievers'.
i think u mean 'quiet', interesting to read the scores from yesty and that united accounted for tarwin at tarwin, 2 losses in a row against quality opposition, have the vocal tarwin people gone quiet, it seems tarwin r destined for yet another season of making the finals and bombing straight out, im lead to believe they have won 1 final in there last 5 final series. questions would have to be asked wouldnt they?what r your thoughts nobrot

chokers all the way... they did it with garns theyll do it with cann, some tarwinians may bring up the 2004 premiership.. the one they won while mdu had numerous injuries... stop livin in the past tarwin..

i think u mean 'quiet', interesting to read the scores from yesty and that united accounted for tarwin at tarwin, 2 losses in a row against quality opposition, have the vocal tarwin people gone quiet, it seems tarwin r destined for yet another season of making the finals and bombing straight out, im lead to believe they have won 1 final in there last 5 final series. questions would have to be asked wouldnt they?what r your thoughts nobrot

Tarwins main problem is a lack of depth, look at where there reserves are and you can see that. So when injury strikes it hurts them....however at 5-3 it is ridiculous to say they destined for yet another season of making finals and bombing straight out, there are still 10 games to played to get over this minor hiccup? Its funny how vocal mdu supporters are getting when they sit at 5-4. Are they destined for yet another season of not making finals?

nobrot, if a side that makes finals are chokers, what is a side that doesnt make finals for 7 years ...a bunch of hacks?
A side that makes finals and chokes are chokers, I think you left that bit out and yeah, a team that doesn't make finals for 7 years are a bunch of hacks.

Ableseamon may not of been around at tarwin back in the glory days of "04" but i sure was. Heres a little history lesson Mutly#3. mdu lost one game that year i think. they played in the semi final and were 50 points up at half time and were 35 points up at 3 quarter time. Tarwin came back at them to win by one point. 127 to 128 its the best game of football i have ever seen. now if thats not choking then i dont know what is. Tarwin went straight into the grand final while mdu palyed fish creek where mdu won by a slim margin. Tarwin absolutely trounced mdu in the grand final at foster in extremely wet and muudy conditions. final score tarwin 49 mdu 17. mdu= chokers. from then until this present day mdu has won one game against tarwin and that was last weekends game. thats 6 years. no wonder mdu supporters are going on about it so much. 6 years is a long time ay mutly#3?

Able seamon you are living in the past things are different now... But i do think its funny how your commenting on the past when you've only been at the club for three years... And how long ago was the premiership?? 7 years.... I do beleive you were four seasons to late!

wtf, i havent said one thing about the premiership!...and all i have talked about on this forum is tarwins form this year! It was Nobrot and Hip and Shoulder that brought up the past of tarwin so i simply brought up the past of mdu. You seem to have forgotten your glory days at Leongatha to ey mutly #3 ;)...and why would I live in the past, our seniors currently sit 5th on the ladder and are 5-3.

one last thing before we never speak of this game again.... mdu won got the four points and were able to gloat for the following 8 days

Gees are we aloud to talk about other clubs besides Tarwin and MDU?

Good points on Foster they are going to strong for everyone else and they are a class above the rest with depth also

Good little battle going on between Stoney Creek, Tarwin, Phillip Island and MDU

I think Burra seem to be hitting there straps and could start to make a charge. They are a team to watch at the moment just to see how they travel in the next 5 weeks will make or break them

on their current form do we reckon foster could match it with some of the lower teams in the gippsland league?

Not according to a wonthaggi power faithful who has been heard saying that their twos would beat foster seniors...sour grapes for getting kicked out of the league if you ask me...

Tarwin will bomb out this year just like they do every other year. They promise so much but give so little and MDU still are a bunch of hacks.
Oh, and my name really should have been MDUsuck, but I thought that it was much more likely that someone else would want to use it, so I generously left it for them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Im wanting some good footy conversations on this page instead of the garabage you lot go on with.

1. Tip for the flag?
2. Players to watch for?
3. Tips this round? I will start:

MDU V Yarram- Yarram in a close one 2 goals, they need to bounce back or their season is over and have come close against Kor-Bena, Phillip Island, Tarwin and Stony Creek.

Phillip Island V Toora-Phillip Island will clean up Toora at home and are a class above at home compared to away. 15 goals

Kil. Bass V Tarwin- Tarwin in a close one 20 points, they are under the pump at the moment and need to stay in touch here if they are to do anything come finals (not like them).

Fish Creek V Dalyston-Fishy by 25 points. Are they any good or just lucky in winning a few close games? They havent proven themselves yet.

DWWWW V Inverloch-Inverlochto record a win only because they are playing the allies, result: 8 goals!

Foster V Kor-Bena-This will be a close game to half time but Foster to run away with it and depending on KB's ability to stop their flow will change the result only. I say 10 goals.

Post some real dialogue insetad of cheap jibes at eachother.

Im wanting some good footy conversations on this page instead of the garabage you lot go on with.

1. Tip for the flag?
2. Players to watch for?

MDU V Yarram- Yarram in a close one 2 goals, they need to bounce back or their season is over and have come close against Kor-Bena, Phillip Island, Tarwin and Stony Creek.

Phillip Island V Toora-Phillip Island will clean up Toora at home and are a class above at home compared to away. 15 goals

Kil. Bass V Tarwin- Tarwin in a close one 20 points, they are under the pump at the moment and need to stay in touch here if they are to do anything come finals (not like them).

Fish Creek V Dalyston-Fishy by 25 points. Are they any good or just lucky in winning a few close games? They havent proven themselves yet.

DWWWW V Inverloch-Inverlochto record a win only because they are playing the allies, result: 8 goals!

Foster V Kor-Bena-This will be a close game to half time but Foster to run away with it and depending on KB's ability to stop their flow will change the result only. I say 10 goals.

I agree with those tips, at the moment MDU just aren't consistent enough.

Or good enough

1. Tip for the flag?
2. Players to watch for?

Also, cheap jibes are much more fun, i mean, i'm just saying

mdu in a thriller
phillip island easy
killy bass in an upset
fishy by 5 goals
invie by 15 goals
and foster to smash burra by 60 point s plus

foster to be premiers and champions no one even come close

and player to watch jason wells from killy bass just turned 18 small forward and
has already kicked 25 goals

1. Tip for the flag?
2. Players to watch for?

Foster deserve the right of favoritism but not a done deal yet. Stony could still challenge with a few guns to come in. Albi Russell will also put tarwin back on track when he returns. Bergles an Tohiokiri (know idea how to spell it ) both new to their respective clubs this year and after molding into their sides well could turn it on very soon.

MDU vs Yarram- MDU at home just maybe but Yarram to have a real dip.
Phillip Island vs Toora- I would say a 15 goal loss would be a good result for Toora.
K/Bass vs Tarwin- the sharks will simply have to much class for bass.
Fish Creek vs Dalyston- Mark Garnham will be working his side overtime to get some more wins on the board. This might be the week.
DWWWW vs Invy- no explanation needed
Foster vs Burra- yet again no explanation really needed. Burra not as good as their ladder position suggests as they have played 2 more games then several other sides in the league.

Yeah Fosters deep backs can be exposed i reckon. Only saw against the bottom side but one in particular (johnstone)should have had 3 goals kicked against him in first quarter and i'm not sure he plays any different against good sides. Big opportunity for a good clearance side and a couple hairy a*** forwards.

1. Tip for the flag?
2. Players to watch for?

Mdu- will be to strong at home.

island- will win easy.

Tarwin- should win but bass are a danger at home.

Fishy- at home, dalyston can't finish.

Inverloch- over allies convincingly.

Foster- by 60 over burra with the home ground advantage.

Flag favourite- foster

prob finalists on recent form- foster, island, stony, burra, tarwin, mdu.

Good to see mdu have a solid team win in horrid conditions... I agree that the juvenile bickering of pointless garbage instead of thoughtful local football banter is ruining this site... Also to Jake coldabella ... I mean tarwin sucks/ mdu can't deliver, good to see dalyston going pretty well with their overpaid "wonder-coach" garns... The pointless jibes need to end here...I now know after many embarrasing posts by myself this site is for good natured football insights

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back