News Alberton Oval Redevelopment

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't mind the concept drawings the bowling club corner/end has always been the letdown this fixes it in my eyes.
As a regular poster who has pushed for the demise of the bowling club I am over the moon regarding the the club’s recent announcement. At last I will be allowed the watch footy from that south western corner of the ground and not be stymied and denied by a few privileged bowlers. My only hope is that all this redevelopment will be completed before I have shuffled off this mortal coil.

Should be called The Phillips’ Family stand.

For Greg Phillips’ contribution to Port Adelaide, and for Erin Phillips being a pioneer in women’s football.

Should be called The Phillips’ Family stand.

For Greg Phillips’ contribution to Port Adelaide, and for Erin Phillips being a pioneer in women’s football.
Its not permanent it wont be there after a few games.

There are plans for another stand down the track though right?
That will get named after Russell Ebert for the Bowling Club area.

Its not official, but the club has said they will acknowledge Russell at Alberton as part of the redevelopment. So I assume a stand not a statue, as there is one at Adelaide Oval.

Its not official, but the club has said they will acknowledge Russell at Alberton as part of the redevelopment. So I assume a stand not a statue, as there is one at Adelaide Oval.
Russell Ebert Precinct

There are two little open air stands in the next stage design where those temporary stands are now unless I imagined it.

The GOAT deserves a stand and a statue.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There are two little open air stands in the next stage design where those temporary stands are now unless I imagined it.
They only have 4 or 5 rows of seats in the renders. I took them as what a temporary stand might look like. The two they have set up looks like 11 or 12 rows of seats.

Remove this Banner Ad

News Alberton Oval Redevelopment

Remove this Banner Ad

Back