Trade Requested Alex Neal-Bullen - Wants to become a Crow

Remove this Banner Ad

As a Crows fan who has watched a lot of ANB, I am keener than most to bring him across. Murphy and McHenry are two of the worst players in the entire league to play 50 plus games of footy, and this is a clear upgrade in an area of need.

I also strongly believe it’s the crows who are keen on him and not so much Port. Port are trying desperately to retain / gain draft picks so trading in a guy like ANB just isn’t going to be realistic, hence them being balls deep in Perryman (which will be a great get for them at no trade cost to be fair).

I don’t think it’s as simple as sending the Dees second rounder acquired for McAdam back to them though.

Three way trade proposal:

Adelaide give: Sam Berry and future 3rd
Adelaide receive ANB and Dees future 4th

Melbourne give: ANB and future 4th
Melbourne receive: Pies 2nd round pick (currently pick 31, tied to Hawks)

Pies give: Pick 31
Pies receive: Sam Berry and Crows future 3rd

Note: it is known that the Pies have met with Berry.

Who says no?

Your "evidence" was weak.

I don't see him being a significant upgrade on SPP or DBJ (who has had a decent year) and at his age he is just not the type you want to spend draft capital on.

If he was 25 or under sure.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app
You now sound like a melbourne supporter who doesn't want to spend money on Houston because he's too old.

You can't have it both ways.

As a Crows fan who has watched a lot of ANB, I am keener than most to bring him across. Murphy and McHenry are two of the worst players in the entire league to play 50 plus games of footy, and this is a clear upgrade in an area of need.

I also strongly believe it’s the crows who are keen on him and not so much Port. Port are trying desperately to retain / gain draft picks so trading in a guy like ANB just isn’t going to be realistic, hence them being balls deep in Perryman (which will be a great get for them at no trade cost to be fair).

I don’t think it’s as simple as sending the Dees second rounder acquired for McAdam back to them though.

Who says no?

Good post but I would still want the Mcadam pick back, purely because he is worth more than Mcadam.

Who says no?
A good honest post.

Considering it's a very even draft, I'd be okay with it. But it's on the outer edge for me.

Last week
DBJ:13 touches only 8% in defensive half
ANB: 24 disposals with 36% in defensive half

But yeah let’s pickup a 18 year old kid at pick 25 who will just chase kicks in the VFL when we are in our window and losing Houston instead of enabling our star mid we spent the world on to realise his full potential.
Lol. One week.

He gets more disposals but less goals, goal assists and score involvements.

Like I said not much of an upgrade and too old to waste draft capital on.

I hope we pass.

You now sound like a melbourne supporter who doesn't want to spend money on Houston because he's too old.

You can't have it both ways.
Nah I get why Melbourne supporters wouldn't want to and I'd be happy to keep Dan. He's a much better player than NB and I think at his age he is more valuable to Port than to Melbourne.

It seems the Melbourne list managers disagree though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nah I get why Melbourne supporters wouldn't want to and I'd be happy to keep Dan. He's a much better player than NB and I think at his age he is more valuable to Port than to Melbourne.

It seems the Melbourne list managers disagree though.

I agree. I honestly think it's best that Houston just stays with Port. Why would he even want to come to Melbourne with all of the current disruptions.

To be honest the talk of Dan coming over has probably been canned by now. Thank ****.
I really hope so. But I don't trust Tim lamb anymore. Not ever since he even thought it was remotely a good idea. Off the back of Billings, McAdam and Schache and other complete spuds. I think he should quit and just let Jason Taylor take over all of it.

I really hope so. But I don't trust Tim lamb anymore. Not ever since he even thought it was remotely a good idea. Off the back of Billings, McAdam and Schache and other complete spuds. I think he should quit and just let Jason Taylor take over all of it.

Don’t forget trading 3 picks for Tholstrupp, or Fullerton/Grundy/Hunter ect

Tim “we don’t have to win every trade” Lamb likes to be known as a good bloke to deal with.

Who says no?
Think that's about as fair as it gets for us 🤝

Last week
DBJ:13 touches only 8% in defensive half
ANB: 24 disposals with 36% in defensive half

But yeah let’s pickup a 18 year old kid at pick 25 who will just chase kicks in the VFL when we are in our window and losing Houston instead of enabling our star mid we spent the world on to realise his full potential.

He has more defensive half acts because he’s running around on a wing or half forward for the majority of the game.. suss his clearances, heat map and tackles inside 50 (0.9 per game of 18% of his total tackles) as opposed to 1.3/3 (40%) for DBJ.

One of them is actually in the forward line providing pressure.

The other guy is barely entering the forward 50.

He goes at a pretty terrible 52% kicking efficiency, doesn’t kick goals or get goal assists.

You’re trying to say his defensive to excuse the fact he doesn’t kick goals, is a poor kick inside 50 and comparing him to small forwards who are actually kicking goals in their role by saying he’s a defensive forward.

0.9/5 tackles per game inside 50, his heat map, goals and goal assists clearly show he plays nearly all his time at half forward.

We don’t need another outside half forward flank who is a poor kick inside 50. We already have issues with our delivery inside 50 at times.

He isn’t a defensive stopper in the midfield either so this garbage about freeing up JHF doesn’t even make sense.

His defensive possessions were all basically uncontested possessions on the half back flank. He didn’t tag or stop anyway and he has been butchering the ball.

Even if he was a good contested, defensive mid to help free up JHF, Butters, Rozee (which he’s not) we already have Drew in that exact role who’s far better.

As a cheap replacement at the the HFF he would step in above Mead who’s actually been quite good in the role this year and is very young. He would be a good swap for Boak but SPP takes that role again next season.

It would be great if he replaced McEntee/Narkle but it’s not the same role. He doesn’t kick any goals, doesn’t impact by providing scoreboard pressure and is a poor kick inside 50. You keep saying he’s defensive but basically none of his tackles are inside 50 and he’s never tagging or stopping an opposing defense, so what defensive pressure is he providing? it’s pretty clear it’s trying to excuse his flaws by saying he’s defensive yet he’s never been seen tagging a player and no stats back up his pressure inside 50 at all.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Trade Requested Alex Neal-Bullen - Wants to become a Crow

Remove this Banner Ad

Back