Trump - Harris Presidential Election 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Are you sure about that?
Yes, I am sure.
Any aliens that ever reach the earth will be benevolent,and infinitely sympathetic with the plight of mankind. This is because, to have achieved the levels of technology necessary for interplanetary travel, they must have overcome all the conflicts and wars, and achieved a level of harmony in which their planeteary society could collaborate to create such colossal levels of technology.

Yes, they are suspended because the war is unpopular. Young(and not so young) Ukrainian men don't want to die for the profit interests of Ukrainian capitalists and their US corporate backers.
furthermore, their mothers/wives/children don't want them to die for these reasons either.

Wait, what, are you for real? You do realise Ukraine is at war?

The reasons democratic processes are suspended is

(1) In times of war the defense of your country is kinda bipartisan.

(2) In times of war the population aren’t too fussed about the function of civic society. What are they gunna do, complain about the unemployment rate? Demand tax cuts? Argue that the bins should be collected on Thursdays instead of Tuesdays?

(3) In times of war you can’t provide the security needed to run free and fair elections. How’s Zelenskyy meant to campaign in Odessa? How can you guarantee secure passage of citizens to the polling booth? How do you guarantee that when you put your ballot paper in the ballot box, one of the ballot guards isn’t going to open the box, read your ballot, and drag you out on the street for a beating if you didn’t tick the right box?

Yes, I am sure.
Any aliens that ever reach the earth will be benevolent,and infinitely sympathetic with the plight of mankind. This is because, to have achieved the levels of technology necessary for interplanetary travel, they must have overcome all the conflicts and wars, and achieved a level of harmony in which their planeteary society could collaborate to create such colossal levels of technology.
If only that were true.
Trump is an alien who has been living on Earth for many hundreds of years.

His powers enable him to regenerate like Doctor Who.

He used his powers to move at light speed to avoid the bullet whilst ensuring it neatly took the top of his ear off.

This gives him a cool scar and ensures his minions never forget. He was also able to get the perfect PR shot once his lizard men had taken out the young boy.

Once he takes over the Earth he will proceed with his real plan to run the Vogon Constructor fleet.

I think it's right on track, he's (Trump) exposed about a third of the population as outright racists emboldened to the point where they don't hide it anymore, are we confident our numbers would be any better?
What percentage are indigenous.

There's been a range of different polling.

Where did you get your belief that Ukrainians were against the war.
From the fact that Zelensky has banned all anti-war parties in Ukraine, (why would he need to if Ukrainians were in favour of the war). From the fact that Zelensky frames up and imprisons all political opponents who oppose the war.

Yes, I am sure.
Are we just gong to pretend that war doesn't accelerate techological advancement?

From the fact that Zelensky has banned all anti-war parties in Ukraine, (why would he need to if Ukrainians were in favour of the war). From the fact that Zelensky frames up and imprisons all political opponents who oppose the war.

Right, so rooted in your fantasy.

Luckily, we're all a bit too young to remember being in a war of full mobilisation.

I suggest you check out the rights which get trampled in most countries during wartime, something 76 has been trying to make you understand.

The War Precautions Act (1914) in Australia gave the government authoritarian powers during wartime. It used those powers quite liberally, including the detainment of dissenters.

You can imagine that the atmosphere is heightened by foreign invasion (ie. existential threat).

Fascism during wartime is a different sort of fascism. The test is whether a liberal democracy reemerges after conflict.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Luckily, we're all a bit too young to remember being in a war of full mobilisation.

I suggest you check out the rights which get trampled in most countries during wartime, something 76 has been trying to make you understand.

The War Precautions Act (1914) in Australia gave the government authoritarian powers during wartime. It used those powers quite liberally, including the detainment of dissenters.

You can imagine that the atmosphere is heightened by foreign invasion (ie. existential threat).

Fascism during wartime is a different sort of fascism. The test is whether a liberal democracy reemerges after conflict.
Democratic rights get trampled on during war time for one simple reason: the government in power defends the interests of their national capitalist class.
The national capitalist class goes to war for one reason: "Profit" (watch Reds, Warren Beatty expresses it perfectly)
Therefore, every capitalist government at war introduces authoritarian legislation to repress opposition.
Unlike you though, I don't deem this legislation to be "legitimate".
The working class has no interest in dying for the profit interests of the capitalist class, which
a) exploits it in the factories/workplaces at home, and
b) sends it to die for geopolitical/profit interests abroad.

Shiva has a greater understanding of the dialectic than you do.
Your habit of making strange claims, viewing them as facts and then telling others that they're narrow minded for not agreeing with you is about as far away from dialectics as you can get. Here's some simple reading for you on technology and war. If we do become technologically advanced enough for intergalactic travel - you can bet on it being on the back of military endeavours and research.

Democratic rights get trampled on during war time for one simple reason: the government in power defends the interests of their national capitalist class.
The national capitalist class goes to war for one reason: "Profit" (watch Reds, Warren Beatty expresses it perfectly)
Therefore, every capitalist government at war introduces authoritarian legislation to repress opposition.
Unlike you though, I don't deem this legislation to be "legitimate".
The working class has no interest in dying for the profit interests of the capitalist class, which
a) exploits it in the factories/workplaces at home, and
b) sends it to die for geopolitical/profit interests abroad.

My observations were to point out that there's nothing intrinsically fascist about a government acting fascistically during wartime, especially when experiencing the existential threat of an invasion.

Don't assume my position on the WPA, or war, or vegan sausages.

Your habit of making strange claims, viewing them as facts and then telling others that they're narrow minded for not agreeing with you is about as far away from dialectics as you can get. Here's some simple reading for you on technology and war. If we do become technologically advanced enough for intergalactic travel - you can bet on it being on the back of military endeavours and research.

Sorry Sr, but this is just silly.
The driving force of technological development under capitalism is the drive for profit - undercutting your rivals with technological advancements, enabling you to sell your commodities at a lower price than your rivals.

This was during the 19th and early 20th century.

Then, the national market was no longer big enough, so the capitalists were driven to find markets and resources across the globe.

They collided, leading to World War 1 and then to World War 2.

It was not war that drove the development of the productive forces. It was the development of the productive forces that drove the tendency to war.

If any aliens make it to the earth, it shows that they have found a way to prevent the development of the productve forces and technology to lead to a devastating war destroying their planet.

In other words, they have established a planned, planetary economy which places the needs of society above those of individual wealth accumulators.

If a war breaks out now between Russia and NATO, this will very rapidly lead to the destruction of all the technology that would make intergalactic travel possible.

My observations were to point out that there's nothing intrinsically fascist about a government acting fascistically during wartime, especially when experiencing the existential threat of an invasion.

Don't assume my position on the WPA, or war, or vegan sausages.
I don't need to "assume your position"...your position is self-evident. You are saying that any capitalist government has the right to act in a fascist manner during war time. But you don't even bother to analyse in whose interests this war is being fought!!

Yes, I am sure.
Sort of like Alf maybe? Not alf from home and away, but the cuddly Alf. Yeah, that be alright hey

Well mannered and calm?

Anyone who knows me will tell you that I'm rarely either of those things. The fact that I manage to remain articulate in the face of the determined stupidity of others is nothing short of miracle.
Wow...so it is the "stupidity of others" that threatens your self-control?
Sounds like you are not a man for inner reflection.

Glad I have made you think. 'cos you need to.

You shouldn't be so sure of yourself or assume as much as you do about others.

You're a good egg, ILTP but you're too young to know what you don't know.

Peace. :rainbow: :thumbsu:

Sorry Sr, but this is just silly.
The driving force of technological development under capitalism is the drive for profit - undercutting your rivals with technological advancements, enabling you to sell your commodities at a lower price than your rivals.

This was during the 19th and early 20th century.

Then, the national market was no longer big enough, so the capitalists were driven to find markets and resources across the globe.

They collided, leading to World War 1 and then to World War 2.

It was not war that drove the development of the productive forces. It was the development of the productive forces that drove the tendency to war.

If any aliens make it to the earth, it shows that they have found a way to prevent the development of the productve forces and technology to lead to a devastating war destroying their planet.

In other words, they have established a planned, planetary economy which places the needs of society above those of individual wealth accumulators.

If a war breaks out now between Russia and NATO, this will very rapidly lead to the destruction of all the technology that would make intergalactic travel possible.
Yes. War began in the 19th century ... and no technological advancement came from the creative endeavour of destruction - none whatsoever.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Trump - Harris Presidential Election 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back