ALL AUSTRALIAN - (form players)

Remove this Banner Ad

Nicoski has had 4 goals kicked on him all year and is averaging 20 possessions, how is a player hell even Clement a better option then him, more well known....

6 AA is excessive but it is there, look at the Brownlow betting for help peoples. 4 Eagles in the top 10 and I have included Glass and Nicoski cos we have the 2nd best defence in the league and dont revert to flooding to do that either....

nicoski defiantely but have no idea how cox can be on the bench he is the best ruckman in the league

Dream Boat said:
B - Joel Bowden. - Darren Glass. - Ben Johnson
Hb - Luke Hodge. - Chad Cornes. - Shaun Burgouyne
C - Nick Dal Santo. - Simon Goodwin. - Adam Goodes
Hf - Cameron Bruce. - Jonothon Brown. - Brad Johnson
F - Mark Ricciuto. - Barry Hall. - Paul Chapman
Foll - Dean Cox. - Chris Judd. - Scott West
Int - Brendon Lade. - Kane Cornes. -
Darren Milburn. - Lance Whitnall

Unlucky -
Buckley - Pavlich - Reiwoldt - Swan - Fraser - O'bree - Carr - Bartell - Watson - Johnstone - Fevola - O'keefe
Excellent team in my opinion.

where's sammy mitchell??? He's only leading the bloody comp in clearences and is a future captain of the hawks footy club. Enough of this mclean crap, mitchell is a far better player

CrowTwig said:
Cwood supporters want their whole mob to be in the AA team. :rolleyes:
What do base that call on? A post about clement who will be in the AA defence unless something goes horribly wrong or the post about the choice of Johnson being the one to make it out of the Collingwood brigade?

Anyway, that isn’t a bad team. You make a case for a dozen other players but that won’t be any different when the actual AA team is announced.

F-U said:
Cox form has dropped off (mainly due to foot soreness) and I cant see him getting back too his best until after the break, wudnt put him as AA 18 yet..... Heres how it shud look

FB: Mark Nicoski Darren Glass Graham Johncock
CHB: Luke Hodge Ben Rutten James Clement
C: Jude Bolton Chris Judd Ben Cousins
CHF: Cameron Bruce Jonathon Brown Brad Johnson
FF: Brendan Fevola Barry Hall Mark Ricciuto
C: Brendan Lade Simon Goodwin Scott West
I/C Daniel Kerr Adam Goodes Chad Cornes Dean Cox

Must have really hurt you to put Ricciuto in there F-U!! You spent 6 months obsessed with his high contact on Selwood, but I can't recall seeing you starting threads damning Beau Waters for his indiscretion. Any reason for that, or have you woken up to the fact that these things actually happen in football.

As for your team, Can't disagree with too much there, although the way these things pan out, I doubt you will see 3 Eagles midfielders in there, when the actual team is announced. I actually put Kerr slightly ahead of Cousins at the moment and Judd is a shoe-in.

Nicoski is a great player, but he's got some pretty stiff competition at the moment as there are a number of backlines performing well ie: Eagles, Crows, Bullies, Magpies and in the interest of balance (despite the fact they say this doesn't happen), I think Nicoski will miss out or possibly Johncock (unfortunately as he is red hot at the moment).

The only players from Port that will make it are..

Brendon Lade, Chad Cornes and Shaun Burgoyne.

Kane Cornes wont get in, there are alot better midfielders.

*PAFC*13 said:
The only players from Port that will make it are..

Brendon Lade, Chad Cornes and Shaun Burgoyne.

Kane Cornes wont get in, there are alot better midfielders.
Junior *PAF beat old fart *PAF to this post. :p

X_box_X said:
No mention of Brian Harris? If you forget about the St. Kilda and Sydney game, he has been an absolute gem at Full Back. He wasn't even that bad against Hall as well.

Paul Chapman definitely deserves to be in the FP.
is this Brian "footsteps" Harris ur talking about??

The bloke that shat himself 3 times against the pies to give away easy goals, and then after looking over his shoulder all night to see where big rocca is, he gets comes in late and tries to take him out with an elbow to the head??

plenty of people in front of footsteps.

Dream Boat said:
B - Joel Bowden. - Darren Glass. - Ben Johnson
Hb - Luke Hodge. - Chad Cornes. - Shaun Burgouyne

Unlucky -
Buckley - Pavlich - Reiwoldt - Swan - Fraser - O'bree - Carr - Bartell - Watson - Johnstone - Fevola - O'keefe
You have to be kidding hey?

You got guts starting a thread like this but............:confused:

Player Statistics - Ben Cousins
Season
AFL 2006 Premiership Season

Round 1 - 27
Round 2 - 24
Round 3 - 18
Round 7 - 23
plus 31 pos last week...

fellas it's good form, but cmon it's not all australian yet (especially when you won't him on ball)... there are defiantly no certaintly at least 3 better players with better years then this so far. and played every game....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Exeter said:
Here's a smokey:

Adam Selwood.

Hasn't played a bad game all year and is rapidly turning into a top flight defensive midfielder.

u forgetting the purpose of AA selection? to select good players, not hacks who have 1 decent season...

MrSquashed said:
u forgetting the purpose of AA selection? to select good players, not hacks who have 1 decent season...

Actually, AA selection is based on consistent perforamcnes in the current year.

And more than happy for opposition teams to dismiss Bunnings, hopefully they'll continue to do so.

But if you'd followed our form over the season you'd know that he has been a standout for the Eagles to date and has claimed some big scalps as well as providing valuable rebound off half back and out of the centre.

theres no chance he will get AA selection

Tiger will get it before him, half the league will get it before him, even barnaby french...

Blacky31 said:
It's pretty ignorant to assume that we haven't been following the Eagles...
I just find it hard to believe that a player who isn't in your best 10 players could be considered for All Australian.

Actually, on form this year he's probably in our top 6 or 7 but leaving aside Selwood for a minute, the depth of analysis that most posters apply to opposition teams extends to about the top 3 or 4 players on a list - if that.

For the Eagles, people see Judd, Cousins, Cox & Kerr and that's about it, and for the most part all the other players are considered also rans or hacks.

And that's not restricted to my team either, my theory is that most people only look at the high profile players from each team and gauge their form and depth on the basis of their stars' performances each week.

Players like Selwood slip under the radar because of the attention paid to the stars, but they are vital to any team - and every team has 'em. In fact, the stars couldn't do their jobs half as well if it weren't for the supporting cast.

So is AA selection only for those players that star or should we also be considering solid, week in week out, outstanding, effective performances from players who just go about their business and don't attract the limelight?

Well do you think that these players are recognised for a reason...
If we decided to have every player that went out every week and did their job for their team the All Australian team would be 100 players long!

Players Better than Selwood in the Eagles team this year...
Judd
Cousins
Cox
Kerr
Stenglein
Hunter
Embley
Wirrapanda
Chick
Nicoski
and Rosa has been at least as good!

Blacky31 said:
Well do you think that these players are recognised for a reason...
If we decided to have every player that went out every week and did their job for their team the All Australian team would be 100 players long!

Players Better than Selwood in the Eagles team this year...
Judd
Cousins
Cox
Kerr
Stenglein
Hunter
Embley
Wirrapanda
Chick
Nicoski
and Rosa has been at least as good!

Respectfully disagree with your rankings.

Wirrpanda, Chick, Embley & Hunter, while they've been good and damaging in patches have been inconsistent, Nicoski has been pretty good but he's one of those players you notice because of his dash - his decison making under pressure is still suspect though, Rosa has had plenty of the ball and is an up and comer but his effective possessions need work. On consistency, output and effectiveness I'd be slotting Selwood in alongside Stenglein.

But that's the point I'm making - stars self select and often they get selected on the basis of reputation rather than performance in the current year.

Who are the Swans players that do the business every week and don't get recognised, but who you would hate to lose from your starting 22?

Remove this Banner Ad

ALL AUSTRALIAN - (form players)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back