All Australian Team 08

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gone off Hodgey after his game against Richmond?

Ready to perform yet another backflip, half-pike with a twist?

FFS...so it IS about a hawthorn player again right ?

ok where do u want the bloke ?...what do u want him to be THIS WEEK ? huh ?

You arnt happy with a backline of defenders ?...u want him to be in a back pocket or a flank this week ?...or perhaps he should be taking Scarlett's place this week ?

geeesus....right now he's a chance like 20 others...a good CHANCE. U;ve heard it 100 times so stop crying.

How about u stop ya grizzling and whinging and put up YOUR AA team as u think it stands right now.

Just do it instead of your incessant whining and grizzling that borders on the paranoid.

Or wouldnt u want people to see some sort of "backflip" if u dont have it exactly right ? Does that worry you does it ?

Bloody crybaby.

I dont even go for them, but surely both of Pratt and Petrie will be in the mix somewhere.

Hell yeah...woulda thought both are a good chance. Petrie will likely make the 40 man squad minimum and Pratt might too.
Very good chance they might choose Petrie as #2 ruck/utility off the bench i woulda thought.

FFS...so it IS about a hawthorn player again right ?

ok where do u want the bloke ?...what do u want him to be THIS WEEK ? huh ?

You arnt happy with a backline of defenders ?...u want him to be in a back pocket or a flank this week ?...or perhaps he should be taking Scarlett's place this week ?

geeesus....right now he's a chance like 20 others...a good CHANCE. U;ve heard it 100 times so stop crying.

How about u stop ya grizzling and whinging and put up YOUR AA team as u think it stands right now.

Just do it instead of your incessant whining and grizzling that borders on the paranoid.

Or wouldnt u want people to see some sort of "backflip" if u dont have it exactly right ? Does that worry you does it ?

Bloody crybaby.
wtf r u talking about u stupid sydney supporter.
ALL he is saying is that he doesnt reckon hodge will make the team due to a few performances. now u go off at and dont even make sense.
get your head read mate.

b - Milburn, Scarlett, Morris
hb - Mackie, Bock, Hodge
c - Richo, Bartel, Mitchell
hf - O'keefe, Franklin, B.Harvey
f - Medhurst, Fevola, Davis
r - Cox, G.Ablett, Cooney
int - Swan, Hille, Reiwolt, Croad

emg - Pavlich - will probably get it ahead of davis but it would look to top heavy

- Black - fight it out with Swan 50/50 but swan in recent weeks

- Akermanis - teriffic 1st half of the season, but has just come of a terrible spell of form will contend for pocket or flank.

- Selwood - great player, great season but others have had better

b - Milburn, Scarlett, Morris
hb - Mackie, Bock, Hodge
c - Richo, Bartel, Mitchell
hf - O'keefe, Franklin, B.Harvey
f - Medhurst, Fevola, Davis
r - Cox, G.Ablett, Cooney
int - Swan, Hille, Reiwolt, Croad

emg - Pavlich - will probably get it ahead of davis but it would look to top heavy

What do you mean top heavy? You have three small forwards in your team. Selectors normally pick 3 power forwards in the forward line plus an O'Keefe type. Take out Davis and put Pavlich in.
Also Swan has little chance next to Corey, Kirk, Black, and Selwood.

ok swap davis for the pav

but swan has had a better year than selwood imo and Black corey and swan will fight it out for the last posi.

I love it how under the radar dane swan is

My AA team after Round 21:

B: Tom Harley (c); Matthew Scarlett; Dale Morris
HB: Sam Fisher; Nathan Bock; Corey Enright
C: Matthew Richardson; Sam Mitchell; Adam Cooney
HF: Ryan O'Keefe; Nick Riewoldt; Brent Harvey
F: Brendan Fevola; Lance Franklin; ?
R: Dean Cox; Gary Ablett; Jimmy Bartel
INT: David Hille; Joel Corey; Simon Black; Matthew Pavlich

In: Fisher, Black
Out: Kirk, Hodge

I can't pick a small forward out of Porplyzia/S.Johnson/Akermanis/Medhurst.

Porplyzia has been the best out of them but i don't think has played enough games (although steve j made it last year with 18 or so games so you never know)

No J Brown in your side?? would of thought his been better then Pavlich, and maybe Sandilands for Hille but apart from that it's a pretty good side.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No J Brown in your side?? would of thought his been better then Pavlich, and maybe Sandilands for Hille but apart from that it's a pretty good side.

Brown hasn't had the same impact as Pavlich this season. I'd have Pavlich in the top 10 players this year. Brown would get in on reputation not form.
Agree with you on Sandilands though. Maybe Petrie could challenge as well.

a lot of people are severely underrating judd's year imo. i don't know if it is because you are judging him by the high standards he has set himself, or if you are thinking he is recovering from an injury and had no pre-season therefore he can't make it or the one i think is most true is that if he was still at west coast and had the same season everyone would be including him but because most people hate carlton they are sub consciously looking for reasons not to include him.

according to mark robinson in today's HUN, the starting three in the midfield will be ablett, bartel and judd. most posters don't even have him on their bench!

on the same page, there are 12 experts' tips for the mvp (and it does include bartel for some reason) and judd comes in 4th (3rd from mids).

so why are opposition supporters underrating his season so much? he wins his own ball more than anyone else in the comp and he's as good as anybody at the clearances, especially given he has the worst ruckmen to rove to. surely, playing for carlton can't make people turn against someone so much???

Chance Bateman?

Good call. Bateman has been in sensational nick all season. Underrated by most on here.
He's run his guts out and been a massively influential player. His skills have improved out of sight

Last week, I heard the unofficial chairman of selectors, Gerard Healy make the comment, "His form has just dropped away slightly over the past four weeks." Only 7 days prior, Chance Bateman was Hawthorn's ONLY good four quarter contributor in our loss against Richmond. Obviously Healy did not watch that particular game. But leaving aside this error, Healy's comment gave me the impression that Bateman is very much on his radar for his stellar work over the season.

a lot of people are severely underrating judd's year imo

I reckon people tend to overrate Judd's season.

Of course he is one of the best midfielders in the game, but his form has been patchy. He's been brilliant in bursts but he's also struggled at times. He gets rested by Ratten, then he plays brilliantly for a 15 minute burst in the last quarter and the commentators go into raptures, reminding us all what a champion he is every time he gains possession.

Other midfielders have been just as influential as Judd, but for longer periods in a game and over the season.

I can understand why Carlton fans think he's the ants-pants. He's given the place a big lift. He might also go close to winning Carlton's B&F, but other players have done more than Judd in 2008.

Then again, Robert Walls is an All Australian selector and he LOVES Juddy, so you never know. I think Glen Jakovich is also a selector and as pointed out in the Cyril Rioli thread, he barely knew the names of the Hawthorn players, so it's obvious he doesn't watch all the games. If this is the case, it would be easy to vote Judd in based on his performance "highs", as opposed to his overall performance.

Of course he is one of the best midfielders in the game, but his form has been patchy. He gets rested by Ratten, then he plays brilliantly for a 15 minute burst in the last quarter and the commentaros go into raptures, reminding us all what a champion he is every time he gains possession.

Other midfielders have been just as influential as Judd, but for longer periods in a game and over the season.

I can understand why Carlton fans think he's the ants-pants. He's given the place a big lift. He might also go close to winning Carlton's B&F, but other players have done more than Judd in 2008.

Then again, Robert Walls is an All Australian selector and he LOVES Juddy, so you never know. I think Glen Jakovich is also a selector and as pointed out in the Cyril Rioli thread, he barely knew the names of the Hawthorn players, so it's obvious he doesn't watch all the games. If this is the case, it would be easy to vote Judd in based on his performance "highs", as opposed to his overall performance.

you say ratten rests judd and allows him to play in bursts after that. well, he plays 87-90% game time every week, which is probably one of the highest percentages from midfielders.

and you say glen jakovich doesn't watch all the games, how many carlton games have you honestly watched this year? and there's no need to lie i'm not going to think any less of you if you've only watched 3 or 4 carlton games for the whole season.

Then again, Robert Walls is an All Australian selector and he LOVES Juddy, so you never know.

With Walls as selector ANYTHING could happen. Hell, he probably won't have Ablett in his team if his usual rants are anything to go by.

Of course he is one of the best midfielders in the game, but his form has been patchy. He's been brilliant in bursts but he's also struggled at times. He gets rested by Ratten, then he plays brilliantly for a 15 minute burst in the last quarter and the commentators go into raptures, reminding us all what a champion he is every time he gains possession.

It is funny, you could easily substitute Hodge's name for Judd's in this post, but then Chewy would come out saying you have no idea and calling you a Hawthorn hater.

^^Agree with Chewy. Judd has been brilliant in patches, but will probably get in due to his last name and previous seasons.
You and Chewy are correct Gunner. It amazes me how so many people in the media & so many Carlton fans have been talking Judd up for AA.
He's been way too patchy, and there have been a host of better midfielders this season.
With that said though, Robert Walls is on the selection commitee. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back