All-Australian Team 2014....

Remove this Banner Ad

Glen Jakovich‏@gjakovich27 26m
Great night at the All Australian dinner great side selected.@AFL @6PRSportsToday

BigFootyEagles‏@BigFootyEagles 24m
@gjakovich27 The bloke in the blue and gold number 16 might beg to differ! #easyrobbed #AllAustralian

Glen Jakovich‏@gjakovich27 18m
@BigFootyEagles BFE maybe No 16 and his teammates should work on beating the 8 teams above them!! @AFL @SENfooty @6PRSportsToday

BigFootyEagles‏@BigFootyEagles 14m
@gjakovich27 @AFL @SENfooty @6PRSportsToday So he played FB in a side that struggled? Doesn't that make his year even better? #easyrobbed

Think I made Jako's head hurt.
So going on Jako's logic you only get an AA selection if you play in a team that makes the 8, yet somehow 5 players from lower teams wormed their way into the team, going purely on Jako's logic.

Let's face it this AA bull crap is nothing but a media circus. The players dont give a crap about it, its just a night out for an award thats as corrupt and inconsistant as a communist cabinet meeting.

Meh

I honestly felt like Mackenzie was a lock until that Richmond game against Sydney. Sydney screwed us on two accounts. The way that Rance pretty much kept saving the game and the way the commentators were going on about him...

AA selectors don't understand recency bias. How can one player with half a good year possibly beat one with a full good year? If it's based on goals kicked against... obviously the guy with less games played is going to have less goals kicked on him.
Exactly the same here. The way that the commentators were going on about Rance just gave me the sinking feeling that tonight was inevitable. The last 5 minutes of our live season hurt us on multiple fronts.

So going on Jako's logic you only get an AA selection if you play in a team that makes the 8, yet somehow 5 players from lower teams wormed their way into the team, going purely on Jako's logic.

Let's face it this AA bull crap is nothing but a media circus. The players dont give a crap about it, its just a night out for an award thats as corrupt and inconsistant as a communist cabinet meeting.

Meh

I don't think he was saying that's why he didn't make it, but that MacKenzie and his teammates should worry more about beating top 8 teams than about whether they make AA.

Rance_zps47694350.jpg

I honestly felt like Mackenzie was a lock until that Richmond game against Sydney. Sydney screwed us on two accounts. The way that Rance pretty much kept saving the game and the way the commentators were going on about him...

AA selectors don't understand recency bias. How can one player with half a good year possibly beat one with a full good year? If it's based on goals kicked against... obviously the guy with less games played is going to have less goals kicked on him.

They applied it last year to Matthew Pavlich 2013.

Everyone thought he was a lock, but then they went for Hawkins because his 8-10 good games were spread over the whole year whereas Pavs 9-11 good games were in the second half of the year.

I wonder if you asked the number 1 key forwards on every team who they hate defending them and no one would say rance !

I can just see roughead going ah Richmond I get the pleasure of that lovely gentle polite young man Rance with the impeccable hygiene and smells like vanilla .

Never rated this concept, the criteria changes to justify the choices, there is no way in hell Rance should of been in front of MacKenzie, but when there's 3 Richmond people voting, what was to be expected. Just watching the coverage on FOX, the panel are all laughing about how Glen Jakovich pushed for MacKenzie and Priddis and that them 2 players were the only ones that were heavily debated and voted on. Glen Jakovich should really step down from the AA selection panel, not because he did a bad job, but the fact that the other panel members couldn't be subjective!

Rance is just a superspud. I mean how many direct goals has he leaked from turnovers this year.

His 'rance moments' are widely known throughout the AFL community, i mean shit.

Mackenzie is such a 'no fuss' player, he just needs to stand out more with dumb kent brain fades in big games too and he'll be a lock next year.

Rance is just a superspud. I mean how many direct goals has he leaked from turnovers this year.

Mackenzie is such a 'no fuss' player, he just needs to stand out more with dumb kent brain fades in big games too and he'll be a lock next year.
To be fair makenzie's run 20 and bomb 50 to be easily chopped off happens quite a lot . But by seasons end he would find the short option or find a better user more . It's probably part of his game Simpson is working on

I don't think that's fair. Rance was unquestionably good this year and is not a terrible choice for selection. Neither were Hooker or Talia. My chief frustration about the selections was that it was quite clear from Jakovich's comments that the "39" goals kicked against Mackenzie was the deciding factor. To make a decision on a rather prestigious award on fictitious data cheapens what the award actually means. In fact I think the selection committee referring to stats to bolster their selections shows their limited understanding of how players actually impact games, despite the fact that they themselves were once players.

I know stats dont paint the whole picture but...

#1 Disposals
#3 Tackles
#3 Contested Possessions
#3 Clearances

as well as carrying a below par midfield for 22 games. Blows the mind that Priddis misses out.

Hooker and Rance over Ezy is some sort of sick joke. Im looking at Spud, Darcy, KB and Richo as the culprits..

I know stats dont paint the whole picture but...

#1 Disposals
#3 Tackles
#3 Contested Possessions
#3 Clearances

as well as carrying a below par midfield for 22 games. Blows the mind that Priddis misses out.

Hooker and Rance over Ezy is some sort of sick joke. Im looking at Spud, Darcy, KB and Richo as the culprits..
Common Sense has prevailed.

A rubbish footballer getting a gazillion possessions has been recognized for what he is. Rubbish.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interesting looking at the AA FF and CHF performances against certain teams too..

Franklin
Richmond 17d 4m 4g
Adelaide 20d 6m 4g
Essendon 18d 8m 5g
West Coast 13d 2m 1g

Reiwoldt
Adelaide 16.5d 9.5m 1g
Essendon 17d 10m 5g
Richmond 19d 10m 1.5g
West Coast 13d 7.5m 1.5g

FYI, Hurley played on Riewoldt and Franklin.

A rubbish footballer getting a gazillion possessions has been recognized for what he is. Rubbish.

Great way to describe our likely dual B&F winner mate. Really proud to have you on board as a supporter. You sure know your footy.

For not making the final cut.

When a few in the other thread were adamant he was an automatic starter and a good bet on for the Brownlow.

Then go gloat in the other thread.

Trying to claim that Priddis "has been shown up as rubbish" because he missed the final cut, when he was named in the extended squad, is just complete bollocks.

So Hooker doesn't take the best forwards then...

Or maybe we put Hooker on the blokes he would be more able to negate? Hurley gives too much height away against +200c players like Tippett and Stanley. Neither of who played against West Coast so there wasn't the issue of who to play Mackenzie on.

It's always best to actually know the full story rather than just throwing around baseless assumptions.

FWIW, I had Mackenzie in my side all year. It's bullshit he missed out, definitely felt he was comfortably ahead of Rance, but don't play shit off like Hooker didn't deserve his spot just as much.

B Team Anybody?

B T Lonergan E Mackenzie S Burgoyne
HB B Ellis H Taylor B Gibbs
C D Beams M Priddis L Parker
HF B Harvey J Shultz D Martin
F J Gunston T Hawkins E Betts
R S Jacobs P Dangerfield T Cotchin
Int Liberatore C Ward S Johnson D Mundy

Jako has turned into an utter campaigner for mine. Filthy his good mate Suma got passed over?!?

I can cop Talia & Hooker, but Rance ahead of E-Mac is plain insulting.

Would love for someone to explain where they pulled 39 goals from...

Remove this Banner Ad

All-Australian Team 2014....

Remove this Banner Ad

Back