All Australian Team discussion 2007

Remove this Banner Ad

B: Scarlett (GEE) Glass (WCE) Adcock (BRI)
HB: Millburn (GEE) Fisher (STK) McLeod (ADE)
C: Harvey (KAN) Bartel (GEE) Hodge (HAW)
HF: Abett (GEE) Brown (BRI) Franklin (HAW)
F: Johnson (WB) Pavlich (FRE) Ebert (PA)
R/R: Cox (WCE) C.Cornes (PA) K.Cornes (PA)

I/C: Ling (GEE) Riewoldt (STK) Kerr (WCE) Kirk (SYD)

Possible swaps:
Millburn for C.Brown
McLeod for P.Burgoyne
Kirk for S.Mitchell

I really hope that K.Cornes and Ling both get in.

Taggers are so important to football sides these days and they are the two best in the business.

Re: Rutten for AA?

Agreed. I think Rutten's game against Brown on the weekend sold me. Whilst the Crows double and triple teamed Brown, in one-on-one contests I think Rutten beat Brown regularly, not too many can do that.

Rutten is probably better equipped than any other defender to take on Brown. He can match him for height and strength. He also has plenty of mates to help him out when Brown gets on his bike. The Crows are one of the best zone-defending teams.

J Brown may well be the best forward and Rutten may well play him better than any other backman, but this does not mean that by extension, Rutten is the best defender in the AFL.

I reckon that Rutten is bloody good, but Scarlett and Glass give their teams slightly more value.
No reason why the selectors won't name Scarlett AND Glass.

I'd like to see the selectors name Glass at FB, Scarlett in the back pocket as the zone-off defender and Campbell Brown as the CHB. Brown's size defies convention, but let's face it, he has been CLEARLY the best CHB in the AFL this season, better than Egan. Riewoldt is the only guy who has beaten him and that's no shame at all.

If they go with Brown in a back pocket, then Glass and Scarlett at FB and CHB.

B: Swan - Glass - Rutten

HB: Mcleod - Egan - Adcock

C: K Cornes - C Judd - B Harvey

HF: Franklin - Pavlich - B Johnson (C)

F: G Ablett - J Brown - (VC) B Ebert

R: Cox - C Cornes - D Kerr

I/C: Hodge - McIntosh - Bartel -S Goodwin

:thumbsu:

FB S.Fisher M.Scarlett N.Malcheski
HB D.Milburn M.Egan J.Adcock
C C.Cornes J.Bartel B.Harvey
HF S.Johnson M.Pavlich N.Riewoldt
FF B.Johnson J.Brown B.Ebert
R D.Cox D.Kerr G.Ablett

INT H.Mcintosh K.Cornes D.Glass L.Hodge

B: Lockyer - Scarlett - Milburn

HB: Mcleod - Egan - Adcock

C: B Harvey - Bartel - K Cornes

HF: Franklin - Pavlich (VC) - S Johnson

F: B Johnson - J Brown - (c) Ebert

R: Cox - G Ablett - C Cornes

I/C: Hodge - McIntosh - Ling - Riewoldt

I'd love to see so many Geelong players in there, but honestly I think Egan and Steve Johnson are unlikely. Both have been terrific, but I suspect with Scarlett and Milburn certainties Egan will probably miss out. Steve Johnson has been great but he did miss 5 games, it could count against him.

Hate to say it, but I'd rather Campbell Brown instead of McLeod or Adcock in the backline also. Had a superb year.

Regarding the Scarlett v Glass debate, I think what may influence the selectors is Glass being comprehensively beaten by Richo 2 weeks ago. Scarlett hasn't been towelled up like that all year (and hopefully won't).

I'd love to see so many Geelong players in there, but honestly I think Egan and Steve Johnson are unlikely. Both have been terrific, but I suspect with Scarlett and Milburn certainties Egan will probably miss out. Steve Johnson has been great but he did miss 5 games, it could count against him.

Hate to say it, but I'd rather Campbell Brown instead of McLeod or Adcock in the backline also. Had a superb year.

Regarding the Scarlett v Glass debate, I think what may influence the selectors is Glass being comprehensively beaten by Richo 2 weeks ago. Scarlett hasn't been towelled up like that all year (and hopefully won't).
Actually Scarlett was well beaten in round 1. but Glass has been belted by Richo, Mooney, Lloyd, Brown, Westhoff and Boyle this year.

J Brown may well be the best forward and Rutten may well play him better than any other backman, but this does not mean that by extension, Rutten is the best defender in the AFL.

I reckon that Rutten is bloody good, but Scarlett and Glass give their teams slightly more value.
No reason why the selectors won't name Scarlett AND Glass.

Yeah fair point. And by no means am I saying that Scarlett and Glass are not great players.

Geelong and West Coast have better midfield departments than Adelaide IMO, and they apply brilliant defensive pressure, making the delivery into the forward line less effective and under much more pressure. Therefore creating an easier job for defenders.

I suppose it depends on what the argument is. As an out and out defensive stopper I would take Rutten over Scarlett or Glass. However, if you want a good stopper and someone that can provide some run, then Scarlett would be ahead with Glass a narrow second.

B - C. Bolton D. Glass B. Harris

HB - J. Adcock C. Cornes J. Drummond

C - Kirk Bartel Dal Santo

HF - J. Brown M. Pavlich G. Ablett

FF - Lloyd Franklin B. Johnson

Fol - Cox K. Cornes D. Kerr

Int.
McIntosh
Shaw
Reiwoldt
K. Cornes

i think drummond has been overlooked a bit. think he deserves a spot.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

B - C. Bolton D. Glass B. Harris

HB - J. Adcock C. Cornes J. Drummond

C - Kirk Bartel Dal Santo

HF - J. Brown M. Pavlich G. Ablett

FF - Lloyd Franklin B. Johnson

Fol - Cox K. Cornes D. Kerr

Int.
McIntosh
Shaw
Reiwoldt
K. Cornes

i think drummond has been overlooked a bit. think he deserves a spot.

That team is so bad, I don't know where to begin.

The obvious one: No Brent Harvey yet you have Drummond. WTF. Going by your sig, you're a Carlton supporter. Don't remember him tearing up your mob last weekend?

There's plenty more, can't be bothered.

B: C.Brown D.Glass J.Adcock
HB: A.Mcleod C.Cornes P.Burgoyne
C: G.Ablett J.Bartel B.Kirk
HF: L.Franklin J.Brown B.Johnson
F: N.Riewoldt M.Pavlich B.Harvey
R: D.Cox D.Kerr K.Cornes

INTER:
S.Mitchell
L.Hodge
H.Mcintosh
C.Bolton

if chad cornes is named all australian chb, that is a joke. he absolutely should be the ruck rover, possibly even on a wing... but he should not be chb.

in my opinion, bolton is the only guy anything like a centre half back worthy of the spot.

Question...

Is Ebert (Port) play more as a forward pocket or Half Forward flank?

I'm not sure whether to put him in my AA team as a FP or HFF !!

Heres my team at the moment...

B: Scarlett Glass C.Brown
HB: McCloud Milburn Lockyer
C: Ablett S. Mitchell C. Cornes
HF: B. Harvey J.Brown Franklin
F: B. Johnson Pavlich Ebert
Foll: Cox Kerr Bartel

Interchange: McIntosh, Foley, Rievoldt, K.Cornes

Thoughts on that side ppl? Only real problem i see is no genuine CHB. But theres been no standouts there this year. C.Brown, Glass and Scarlett would all be capable of playing there in my opinion, but it isn't their primary position.
The better CHBs in the AFL this year have generally played there and racked up the stats as a loose man in defence, which I don't rate that highly, e.g. S. Fischer, G. Polak.

regards,
Brayza

Question...

Thoughts on that side ppl? Only real problem i see is no genuine CHB. But theres been no standouts there this year. C.Brown, Glass and Scarlett would all be capable of playing there in my opinion, but it isn't their primary position.
The better CHBs in the AFL this year have generally played there and racked up the stats as a loose man in defence, which I don't rate that highly, e.g. S. Fischer, G. Polak.

regards,
Brayza

Choose one of Scarlett or Glass.
Put Milburn into a back pocket.
Enter Craig Bolton into CHB.

Question...

regards,
Brayza

Scarlett owns that FB position, glass can take a pocket (if hes lucky).

Remove this Banner Ad

All Australian Team discussion 2007

Remove this Banner Ad

Back