All Australian thread 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Goldstein does far more around the ground against weaker ruckmen yes.

You all can call Sandilands "The Truth". You want to find out how good you really are, just go see The Truth.

Yeah righto mate, when Goldstein was kicking match winning goals and finding space in the last and Sandilands was languishing behind completely buggered, The Truth of my post was evident.

B - Shaw Hurley McGovern
HB - Wood Rance Murphy
C - Hannebery Priddis Dangerfield
HF - Martin Walker (v/c) Wingard
F - Betts Kennedy J.Riewoldt
R - Goldstein Fyfe Gray
I - Mitchell Rioli Neale Cotchin (c)
Cyril RILOI

No way

Sorry he's not in the best 22 in the land this season .......no way

Because you were in first does that make you the one with nous? Thats so sweet...

Sandi man handled him H2H on the weekend.

Nice stats though :thumbsu:
We see it week in, week out, he's 1 dimensional, not his fault it's just the way it is, you can try and sugar coat it as much as you like but it's an obvious fact.
He's a tap ruckman, nothing more, nothing less.

Jeremy Cameron
I fail to see how it is laughable to put Walker in but logical to put Cameron in. They average the same amount of goals per game but Walker gets more of the ball and takes more marks. I'm not saying Walker should be in but if his competition is Cameron he should be seriously considered.

I fail to see how it is laughable to put Walker in but logical to put Cameron in. They average the same amount of goals per game but Walker gets more of the ball and takes more marks. I'm not saying Walker should be in but if his competition is Cameron he should be seriously considered.

Yep. The reality is that, apart from Josh Kennedy, no other key position forward has stood out from the rest.

Any of Cameron, Walker, Riewoldt (either one) or Stringer (and I'm sure I've missed someone) could get the gig and arguments could be made for why the others should have gotten in instead.

Jeremy Cameron

Walker beats Cameron is pretty much every statistical category.

The only one he doesn't is goals and they both average 2.7

Other than that - he wins more ball, sets up more goals, takes more contested marks, marks in general

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Other than that - he wins more ball, sets up more goals, takes more contested marks, marks in general

You're forgetting that the AFL will want someone from the expansion clubs represented though. No Ablett this year, so Heath Shaw or Cameron are their only hopes! ;)

FB: Boyd - Rance - Wood
HB: Shaw - Hurley - Mitchell
C: Gaff - Priddis - Hannebery
HF: Wingard - Walker - Martin
FF: Betts - Kennedy - Stringer
R: Goldstein - Dangerfield - Fyfe
INT: Pendlebury - Natanui - Mundy - Gray

Yeah righto mate, when Goldstein was kicking match winning goals and finding space in the last and Sandilands was languishing behind completely buggered, The Truth of my post was evident.

Fair points, but where was Goldie in the 1st quarter ?.

Sandi kicking 2 goals and finding space.

Maybe it was that Sandi played a solid 3 quarters ( 1, 2 & 3 ), Goldie played a solid 3 quarters ( 2, 3 & 4 ).

Fair points, but where was Goldie in the 1st quarter ?.

Sandi kicking 2 goals and finding space.

Maybe it was that Sandi played a solid 3 quarters ( 1, 2 & 3 ), Goldie played a solid 3 quarters ( 2, 3 & 4 ).
I'm pretty sure Goldy and Nic Nat will be in the AA team - one starting the other on the bench.

Against top 8 sides, Cameron 23 at 2.55, Walker 15 at 2.14, (Schulz 28 at 2.33)

Surely Sheppard is in the mix? Been ultra consistent, probably just as good as Mcgovern without as much recognition, only has played every game this year, and has probably been best 5 in our team all year.

Pendlebury can't be in, especially ahead of Cotchin.
Why not? He's be comfortably better than Cotchin this year and was better on the weekend. Pendlebury is a victim of his own high standards, he hasn't been as good as in previous seasons but he's still been one of the top 5 midfielders this season.

Why not? He's be comfortably better than Cotchin this year and was better on the weekend. Pendlebury is a victim of his own high standards, he hasn't been as good as in previous seasons but he's still been one of the top 5 midfielders this season.
No, he hasn't. He had 33 touches on Saturday and might as well not have been out there for all the impact he had. Cotch had a nice little on-field rest, because he's sore and we could afford him to coast. But the first time we played Collingwood, with our season on the line at 2-4, Cotch was BOG. He dragged the team with him in so many crucial games. He was in the top two on the ground in our wins over Fremantle, Hawthorn and Sydney, was BOG against the Giants, a game we trailed until the last 15 minutes. He's 15th in the Coaches votes and I have him on 18-20 Brownlow votes. Conservatively.

If you want to argue for a Collingwood player ahead of Cotch, it should be Swan, not Pendles, IMO. But it's all subjective. You could change a dozen positions and no one could complain.

No, he hasn't. He had 33 touches on Saturday and might as well not have been out there for all the impact he had. Cotch had a nice little on-field rest, because he's sore and we could afford him to coast. But the first time we played Collingwood, with our season on the line at 2-4, Cotch was BOG. He dragged the team with him in so many crucial games. He was in the top two on the ground in our wins over Fremantle, Hawthorn and Sydney, was BOG against the Giants, a game we trailed until the last 15 minutes. He's 15th in the Coaches votes and I have him on 18-20 Brownlow votes. Conservatively.

If you want to argue for a Collingwood player ahead of Cotch, it should be Swan, not Pendles, IMO. But it's all subjective. You could change a dozen positions and no one could complain.
Fair enough on Saturday's game, didn't see the game as I was at the Swans match so I was judging off stats. Cotchin has bee too inconsistent for mine this year, has a had a few big games but has also had a a number poor games, more than a lot of the other AA contenders. Had no impact against Adelaide and disappeared in the last quarter against Freo (in the loss) apart from a set shot from 30m that went out on the full. Personally I would have Dusty and Deledio ahead of him from Richmond. I think you're underrating Pendles' year a bit as well, has been very consistent and hasn't really had a bad game apart from the first match against Richmond and his game against the Hawks was one of the best individual performances of the season.

Remove this Banner Ad

All Australian thread 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Back