All Australian thread 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Here for the Jack melts.
scarjo_popcorn.gif
Can't stop looking at her forearm press up against her boob.

It's weird, they've named two ruckman once in about 6 years and the one ruckman that makes it this year is probably one of the most aerobically athletic of all time, who barely has a rest anyway and they kick up a stink.

Nic Nat isn't anywhere near good eough around the ground to warrant a bench spot as a second ruckman, he isn't good enough forward.

agree Goldstein streets ahead of Nic Nat. Nic Nat a good tap ruck and occasional grab. doesnt do a hell of a lot else consistently.
Jack rewarded for consistency over this year and previous years.

agree Goldstein streets ahead of Nic Nat. Nic Nat a good tap ruck and occasional grab. doesnt do a hell of a lot else consistently.
Jack rewarded for consistency over this year and previous years.

It's a laughable theory by them, what if Goldstein gets injured?

What if Rance gets injured, did they name another key defender on the bench to cover that?

Probably the best All Australian team I've seen. A much more natural looking team with players picked in their actual position. Josh Gibson and Reiwoldt were lucky to scrape in with no real dominant CHF or 3rd tall backman but both still quite deserving. It would be disappointing if Josh slipped in due to missing previous AA's.

I bet the same people complaining the midfield beasts such as Pendles, JK didnt make it are the same people that complain about players being picked out of position. Always some people just want to complain for the sake of it.
So Thyril is a half-forward flanker? Hannebery and Gaff are wingmen? Sides generally go in with 2 extra half forwards and only one ruckman with not even a backup ruck? Pa-lease.

Good AA team, probably the only time I'm not pissed off with the selectors.

Cyril lucky. Disgusting how he gets a HF spot over Robbie Gray, madness.

Happy Danger wasn't named at HF.

Deledio is a great pick, he has been huge this year despite missing 5-6 games.

JPK not in the team is the only disappointing omission for mine, and Pendles too. I still think Talia>Hurley though.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's a laughable theory by them, what if Goldstein gets injured?

What if Rance gets injured, did they name another key defender on the bench to cover that?

The team has rarely been picked with playing a game in mind.

So Thyril is a half-forward flanker? Hannebery and Gaff are wingmen? Sides generally go in with 2 extra half forwards and only one ruckman with not even a backup ruck? Pa-lease.
I've either missed the joke or you're unaware that Andrew Gaff is the competitions best true wingman.

I saw deledio in that final
Soft at the contest and pulled out a few times
The reason why richmond fail

Deledio has been excellent in the games he's played but I just disagree with picking him ahead of someone like Kennedy who has played every game.
Most balanced critique.
Agree. I think Deledio earnt it, but if you're choosing between he and Kennedy for the last bench spot I think Kennedy gets it.

Said on the AFL website that Riewoldt over Tex basically came down to goal assists.

Think both would have been worthy nominations, but the fact Jack came top 10 in goals, and was the #1 goal assist player for key forwards makes him a valuable addition.

A pretty good side really. Love that Cyril's implied pressure is valued. The amount of goals he creates just by making opposition defenders turn the ball over - sometimes without even tackling them - is phenomenal. The percentage of score involvements is through the roof and you know that when he's nearby, something exciting is going to happen.

Of all the players in the league, he's the one that is most enjoyable to watch and that is worthy of the AA in itself.

Decent team. Pendlebury probably the most stiff.

Deledio and Riewoldt were both 50/50 calls. I thought Tex might've been named due to the media love fest that surrounds him (combined with Jack being a whipping boy). It was a 50/50 call really. Jack slowed down towards the end of the season but still influenced games without hitting the scoreboard as much. Tex finished the year stronger which is fresh in people's minds, but Jack was considered a lock for probably the first 2/3rds of the season. Not the bad call that Crows fans are making out. Cameron was never in the conversation, especially not for CHF.

Deledio, on form, is absolutely in the team. He was awesome this year. Probably another 50/50 call based on him missing 5 games, but he was definitely good enough.

Overall I'm happy for them to be named because of previous years in which they were robbed (Deledio 2010/11, Riewoldt 2011/12).

JPK very stiff. Deledio to Cyril's flank and either JPK or Pendles into the team.

Mak
A pretty good side really. Love that Cyril's implied pressure is valued. The amount of goals he creates just by making opposition defenders turn the ball over - sometimes without even tackling them - is phenomenal. The percentage of score involvements is through the roof and you know that when he's nearby, something exciting is going to happen.

Of all the players in the league, he's the one that is most enjoyable to watch and that is worthy of the AA in itself.

Cyril half forward is a joke.
It's what he does when he doesn't have the ball bla bla bla
Robbie gray to half forward, Cyril out and josh Kennedy from swans gets a bench spot. It's a disgrace Cyril got a gig over
Him when gray could play the hf role

Remove this Banner Ad

All Australian thread 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Back