All Australian thread 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Out - Rioli and Riewoldt
In - Kennedy (Syd) and Walker.

Name Gray/Deledio on the flank and Kennedy on the bench.

Vic Media bias *cough*LukeDarcy*cough* strikes again...

Why do they need to have former players select the side?

I mean a panel composed of BigFooty posters would have come up with a better side.

I like the Coaches AA team and would have no issues if their choices were the team itself, as it reflects the players who were best at the specific roles typical of an AFL team in the year 2015.

If Cyril Rioli played for west coast or freo or any interstate team he wouldn't even be in the squad

Worst selection ever ....

A pretty good side really. Love that Cyril's implied pressure is valued. The amount of goals he creates just by making opposition defenders turn the ball over - sometimes without even tackling them - is phenomenal. The percentage of score involvements is through the roof and you know that when he's nearby, something exciting is going to happen.

Of all the players in the league, he's the one that is most enjoyable to watch and that is worthy of the AA in itself.

Bullshit.

If it was based on stats then Tom Lynch (Adel) would be a lock on the hff.

They are using stats to cover their arses.

All great players sure, but Jack Riewoldt wasn't the best CHF in the comp this year. Tex Walker was.

So Thyril is a half-forward flanker? Hannebery and Gaff are wingmen? Sides generally go in with 2 extra half forwards and only one ruckman with not even a backup ruck? Pa-lease.
Hannebery plays a lot of outside midfield and Gaff is certainly an outside winger. The forward line is most definitely balanced. Yes most sides play with two ruck-man but definitely isn't needed and isn't always the case. If you were going to play another ruck-man they would have to be a more forward/ruck so you can complain if Bob Brown, Tippet, Hale didn't make it if you like :S

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think the goal assists argument for Riewoldt is a valid one. Personally I'd have Tex and Cameron over Riewoldt if I were doing my 'player rankings' though.

JPK is perhaps the biggest omission of all time. Would have booted one of Riewoldt/Rioli out of the side to make room for him.

I know he's not the crowd favourite right now but Hodge is the unluckiest.

Deledio deserved his spot but if he can get in after missing 5 games then Hodge should have too. The fact he didn't even make the squad has PC "please the masses" all over it after his drink driving incident. I reckon he should have been in AND captain.

Mak

Cyril half forward is a joke.
It's what he does when he doesn't have the ball bla bla bla
Robbie gray to half forward, Cyril out and josh Kennedy from swans gets a bench spot. It's a disgrace Cyril got a gig over
Him when gray could play the hf role
Well, as a Geelong supporter, you're obliged to say that. Just remember 08 and how he torched three of your blokes on the wing. One act, 3 humiliated Cats. That's what I'm talking about!!!

I think the goal assists argument for Riewoldt is a valid one. Personally I'd have Tex and Cameron over Riewoldt if I were doing my 'player rankings' though.

JPK is perhaps the biggest omission of all time. Would have booted one of Riewoldt/Rioli out of the side to make room for him.
if you add goals & goal assists tex has more than Riewoldt.

Remove this Banner Ad

All Australian thread 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Back