All Australian thread 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Because he should be in the 22... Missing the 40 is irrelevant..
Probably right he should be in the squad but i don't think he deserves a spot in that 22 in my opinion.

But i have certain biases towards hodge so my opinion is likely irrelevant there too.

Cyril deserves more love. Definitely deserves to be there more than any other Hawthorn player. Best small forward in the competition and its only a shame his hamstrings don't hold up enough for him to be one of the dominant midfielders in the comp as well.
I love you Cyril, stay amazing.

agree Goldstein streets ahead of Nic Nat. Nic Nat a good tap ruck and occasional grab. doesnt do a hell of a lot else consistently.
Jack rewarded for consistency over this year and previous years.
Nic Nat extremely unlucky and Josh Kennedy also.
NicNat is a phenomenal tap ruck. His ruck work is clearly the best in the competition, and he provides a lot more up forward than the other top ruckmen. But given that he was the second best overall ruckman in the comp, it really came down to whether the AA panel wanted a second ruck in the team or not. They chose not to, so I don't think he was really robbed. Overall on balance I think the team would be better with a second ruck and lose a midfielder, but Goldstein is a beast who rucks 95%+ so you can understand the selection.

Josh Kennedy though... that's a big miss.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Finals don't count towards AA so its all irrelevant, I do think Tex or Jack is tough to call.

I think Riewoldt's versatility might have won him the gig. Was played through the midfielder, and across half back at different periods during the season. Think Riewoldt has more strings to his bow compared to Tex. That's just my opinion, anyway.

Sorry Mark lecras is better half forward than Rioli and he's not even in the squad .....worst all Australian decision ever

Overrated seagull that gets carried along in a very good side

But Rioli does good pressure acts and shit like that... He has to be in the AA team...

Bullshit. When Hawthorn are shit in a couple of years, he and breust will be shown to be pretty crappy players.

Just on that. Usually when they haven't selected 2 pure ruckmen they have had a forward that part time rucks like a Petrie or Roughhead. I dont think any of the other players that are selected have rucked before which is interesting. I'm not bothered by the Naitanui exclusion either I had him at about a 50/50 chance.

I don't think Petrie has ever made AA and the years Roughhead was selected he didn't ruck much, less than 3 hitouts a game

Because he's an outside seagull that does three highlights per game and gets picked

Where was he when the heat Was on two weeks ago
Ooohhh that's tempting fate.
Could be famous last words those.

Yeah I thought Gibson was a bit lucky I think they felt a bit guilty about leaving him out in 2013 when he should have never missed.
I did also have highins in cyrils place but that was a "hoping" vote more than anything.

I have a big soft spot for gibson as he did definitely deserve a spot in 2013.

Remove this Banner Ad

All Australian thread 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Back