All Australian Watch: 2011

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Walker's a funny one because not that many people seem to rate him (I think it was Paul Roos who suggested recently that maybe even Carlton don't rate him)... and I'm not sure why. Curse of the utility, perhaps? If he plays in one position more or less the whole year, he'll turn some heads I reckon.

I don't imagine he'll be out of the forward line this year for Carlton. Not unless he's dropped. He's been great as a 3rd tall forward so far. Would surely turn some heads if he ends up with 40-50 goals like he's on track for.

dustin fletcher anyone?has had a great year so far.....!!!

Great or solid? Was BOG against Carlton, after that he's been, in simple words, good.

Easily BOG against us. But yes, has been good without being great for the other games.

He'd be up against the rebounding defenders like Shaw, Enright and co. for a spot rather than Merret, Jamison and McPharlin.

If Crameri's goalkicking form continues (currently on 12) he'd have to be a chance for a pocket role surely?

Over Garlett? Get off it dons supporters.

Glad to see Merrett getting some recognition.

A couple of brain snaps aside, he has been absolutely phenomenal in a backline that is seeing a hell of a lot of action.

J. Riewoldt kicked 5 on him but I thought the contest was even, kicks had to be Jack's advantage otherwise Merrett had him covered.

AT THIS STAGE from the Pies...

Certainties (in the 22): Pendlebury, Swan, H.Shaw and Cloke

Probables (in the squad): Thomas

Possibles (smokies in the mix): Reid and Blair

Get your hand off it. To date:

Certainties: Pendlebury, Swan
Possibles: Shaw, Cloke, Thomas

Now I've had a go at everyone else....

Here is my team based on exposed form in 2011 only

B: Corey Enright - Daniel Merrett - Matthew Scarlett
HB: Heath Shaw - Ben Reid - Heath Scotland
C: Jimmy Bartel - Jobe Watson - David Mundy
HF: Andrew Embley - Travis Cloke -Dustin Martin
F: Nat Fyfe- Jack Reiwolt - Geoff Garlett
R: Dean Cox - Dane Swan - Scott Pendlebury
INT: Aaron Sandilands - Lance Franklin - Chris Judd - Matthew Pavlich

Others: Griffen, Blair, Chappy, Moloney, Murphy x 2, Swallow, Rockliff

Taking the piss with Mitchell nowhere to be seen, are you judging him by Mitchell standards or normal ones?

Averaging 34 possessions, 5 marks, 6 clearances, 5 inside 50's and 5 tackles a game...

:D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

two players that deserve a spot, fyfe and i know im biased but i have every reason to be, DUSTIN MARTIN

My side so far:

B: Enright - Merrett - Jamison
HB: Shaw - McPharlin - Mundy
C: Murphy - Watson - Swan
HF: Cloke - Franklin - Embley
FF: Martin - Riewoldt - Chapman

Foll: Cox - Pendlebury - Judd

Int: Sandilands - Bartel - Boyd - Pavlich

Em: Mitchell - Fyfe - Griffen

(Uncomfortable with Mundy out of position)

Just highlighted the two that caught my eye.

If Travis Cloke makes the side this year, it won't be as the HFF. Also, there's no way Buddy can be selected as the CHF on current form. He is certainly in the side but as it stands, he is a flanker because the two towers are Cloke and Riewoldt and this is reflective of how they play the CHF/FF roles respectively.

Also, there's no way Buddy can be selected as the CHF on current form. He is certainly in the side but as it stands, he is a flanker because the two towers are Cloke and Riewoldt and this is reflective of how they play the CHF/FF roles respectively.

Buddy is averaging 19.4 disposals and 3.6 goals per game including 2 clear BOGs in 5 games, without really getting out of 2nd gear. Pretty similair stats as last year when he was selected AA CHF.

Cloke is averaging 5 less siposals per game and a goal less per game. If Buddy starts leading more and kicking at just 60% for goal ( which you will figure will more than likely happen ), the gap will get even bigger on Cloke.

Buddy is averaging 19.4 disposals and 3.6 goals per game including 2 clear BOGs in 5 games, without really getting out of 2nd gear. Pretty similair stats as last year when he was selected AA CHF.

Cloke is averaging 5 less siposals per game and a goal less per game. If Buddy starts leading more and kicking at just 60% for goal ( which you will figure will more than likely happen ), the gap will get even bigger on Cloke.

Why will that more than likely happen?

Why will that more than likely happen?

With all the criticism from the Geelong game about Franklin not leading and trying to beat two or three players in a contested marking situation. Both him and The Hawthorn Football Club coaching staff would have to be dumb as doorknobs to let that happen again. It's clealy obvious that isn't the way he should play.

His goalkicking groove is back the last few games after a poor start in front of the sticks. He looks like he is kicking pretty well

Where's this bloke been hiding? Very impressed with him to date. Wonder if any other clubs had him in their sights during the draft?

He's been around a bit...first came to notice at Bendigo 4 years ago. Has slowly but surely come through the ranks since. Another case of a player coming from the VFL and having an impact.

Here is my team after round 6

B: Adcock - Merrett - Scarlett
HB: Shaw - McPharlin - Enright
C: Judd - Watson - Swan
HF: Martin - Franklin - Embley
FF: Fyfe - Riewoldt - Chapman

Foll: Cox - Pendlebury - Bartel

Int: Sandilands - Mitchell - Jamison - Mundy

Unlucky: Pavlich, M.Murphy, Garlett, Cloke, Rockliffe

Easily BOG against us. But yes, has been good without being great for the other games.

He'd be up against the rebounding defenders like Shaw, Enright and co. for a spot rather than Merret, Jamison and McPharlin.

Not really, he has been playing key position all year with Pears out and has performed better than all of the above.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back