All Australian Watch: 2011

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you had a midfield "ladder" of sorts where the first 6 or 7 are AA what would it be right now?

1. Pendlebury
2. Watson
3. Judd
4. Mundy
5. Swan
6. Moloney
7. Boyd
8. Bartel
9. Pavlich
10. Selwood
11. Mitchell
12. Priddis

Mitchell needs to be higher. Soooo underrated. Leading disposal average per game, in the top few for clearances per game, is using the ball well and probably 2 or 3 bog's so far. What more does he need to do?

Also where is Murphy? Easily in the top 10

There seem to be fewer defenders putting up their names than previous years. Perhaps that has to do with the press and less defenders having big disposal numbers. I would lock in Pendlebury, Swan, Watson, Selwood and Cloke. It would also be an amazing story if Crameri could get a gig. :)

There seem to be fewer defenders putting up their names than previous years. Perhaps that has to do with the press and less defenders having big disposal numbers. I would lock in Pendlebury, Swan, Watson, Selwood and Cloke. It would also be an amazing story if Crameri could get a gig. :)

Not sure Cloke is a lock and Selwood is certainly not a lock. Don't think he'd be in the team if it was selected this week. Surely, if you consider Pendlebury, Swan and Watson to be "locks" you'd have to say Judd is a lock.

Crameri would need to be one of the top goal kickers of the years for that to happen. I hope it can, but I'm not sure if he will get AA.

Mitchell needs to be higher. Soooo underrated. Leading disposal average per game, in the top few for clearances per game, is using the ball well and probably 2 or 3 bog's so far. What more does he need to do?

Also where is Murphy? Easily in the top 10

Mitchell has played only 5 games so right now I'm favouring others who have played 6 or 7.

My opinion on Murphy is that he is having a good season but in the four Carlton matches I've seen he's been only good, not great. Not All Australian standard at all.

If you had a midfield "ladder" of sorts where the first 6 or 7 are AA what would it be right now?

1. Pendlebury
2. Watson
3. Judd
4. Mundy
5. Swan
6. Moloney
7. Boyd
8. Bartel
9. Pavlich
10. Selwood
11. Mitchell
12. Priddis

Bartel, Pav & Mitchell all clearly better than Boyd thus far IMO (and you can add Murphy to that list also). I wouldn't really classify Pav as a midfielder, though... reckon he'll get a spot on a HFF if anywhere

All I can say about this thread is that people must not be watching many Cats games. AA is about more than your DT score - Geelong's midfielders are a shade down on possessions this year, but that's because the Chris Scott gameplan involves more kicking, not because they're playing worse.

Selwood, Bartel, Scarlett and Chapman should be on any extended AA list.

Selwood, Bartel, Scarlett and Chapman should be on any extended AA list.

Bartel and Chapman would be unlucky not to get spots.
Scarlett has a few fullbacks in front of him IMO this year. Like Merrett and Jamison.
There are at least half a dozen midfielders who are in the AA team before Selwood even comes into contention.

Scarlett has a few fullbacks in front of him IMO this year. Like Merrett and Jamison.

Scarlo would be close to BOG in 2 or 3 of our games, has played some unbelievable footy, running our whole defence. Plus he got a week for whacking Riewoldt :D.

Not playing traditional full back really, he would be in the pocket as he is playing that floating General role doing whatever the **** he wants so for this year!

happy with Garlett selection, and I had Scotland in my side - although not sure between him and Enright.

What I don't understand is the Jamison hype. For mine he is behind Scarlett, Fletcher, McPharlin, Tarrant, Reid, Glass, Rutten and Lonergan so far this year, maybe a few others too!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

happy with Garlett selection, and I had Scotland in my side - although not sure between him and Enright.

What I don't understand is the Jamison hype. For mine he is behind Scarlett, Fletcher, McPharlin, Tarrant, Reid, Glass, Rutten and Lonergan so far this year, maybe a few others too!

Fair enough. It's all about opinion. I don't understand how these guys can be rated ahead of Jamison.

Only need to watch a Carlton game to see why. Been killing his opponents in the one on ones. Although, he has only played 4 games this year...... still think he'll romp it in on current form. Not sure how you managed to put 8 defenders in front of him! :eek: Surprised you didn't chuck in Thornton for good measure. - I guess you ran out of names...

Crameri- first rookie to be AA. Probably worst paid AA too.

James McDonald, Dean Cox, Darren Jolly (first 40), Ben Rutten, Aaron Sandilands, Brett Kirk, Matthew Boyd, Dale Morris, Harry O, Nick Maxwell, Roger Hayden (In first 40).

Just to name a few. :eek:

Fair enough. It's all about opinion. I don't understand how these guys can be rated ahead of Jamison.

You're having a laugh thinking its weird to name Fletcher. He's killing it this year, just check out his game against Carlton! He was also exceptionally good against Collingwood.

Lonergan single handedly took Buddy out of the game vs Hawthorn and has been good in all 5 of his other games.

Reid and Tarrant are both yet to be beaten.

Only need to watch a Carlton game to see why. Been killing his opponents in the one on ones. Although, he has only played 4 games this year...... still think he'll romp it in on current form. Not sure how you managed to put 8 defenders in front of him! :eek: Surprised you didn't chuck in Thornton for good measure. - I guess you ran out of names...

Lets see. He missed Rounds 1 and 2, so missed his chance to play on Reiwolt.

In Round 3 they played the Pies and he was monstered by both Cloke and Dawes, who took 20 marks between them and kicked 5 goals. He and young Watson were rotating on each of them, and you can't blame it all on Watson!

In Round 4 they played the Bombers, he had a solid to average game at best. Round 5 they played Adelaide and Walker kicked 4 goals and Tippet kicked 3 - accounting for 7 of Adelaide's 12 goals and 15+ marks, take your pick which one was his responsibility, but they both beat their opponent.

In Round 6 he had an exceptionally good game against Sydney, but wasn't he playing on Jesse White? You'd want hiom to have a good night playing on a very average tall on a wet night wouldn't you?

So on the strength of one above average game out of 4, people want him in the AA side? Sure, he's improved, and he's important to Carlton - but give me a break. He wouldn't even get a game at Geelong or Collingwood, let alone the AA side!

In Round 3 they played the Pies and he was monstered by both Cloke and Dawes, who took 20 marks between them and kicked 5 goals. He and young Watson were rotating on each of them, and you can't blame it all on Watson!

In Round 4 they played the Bombers, he had a solid to average game at best. Round 5 they played Adelaide and Walker kicked 4 goals and Tippet kicked 3 - accounting for 7 of Adelaide's 12 goals and 15+ marks, take your pick which one was his responsibility, but they both beat their opponent.

You clearly didn't watch either of those games. Jamison shut down whomever he was rotated onto. They all kicked their goals on other players (Watson, White, Laidler). He's had only 4 goals kicked on him this year.

Yes, you're right. I didn't watch the Collingwood vs Carlton game, I was watching the Wiggles instead.

Cloke and Dawes repeatedly outmarked him. Whether they then hit up a teammate closer to goal, so his goals conceded stats look better is another matter - but in the Collingwood game he was well beaten, just as he was vs Adelaide.

I'll concede a very good game vs Sydney and an 'ok' game vs Essendon. Considering there's only 4 to choose from and he was well beaten in 2 of them, I can't see how he can be ahead of the better defenders in the comp who are beating their man every week like Glass, Rutten & Tarrant - not to mention Fletcher, Scarlett and Reid - that beat their man but provide important rebound as well.

I place him in the 'improved' section along with Lonergan, but Lonergan has also been better. His game on Buddy was better than anything Jamison has produced.

Cloke and Dawes repeatedly outmarked him. Whether they then hit up a teammate closer to goal, so his goals conceded stats look better is another matter - but in the Collingwood game he was well beaten, just as he was vs Adelaide.

See, now you are either guessing or just lying to prove a point.
1. He got beaten once against Collingwood - Cloke's mark at the top of the goal-square was the only time I can recall him being beaten that night. Watson, on the other hand, was beaten a lot.
2. He was great against Adelaide as well. Beat Tippett hands down in a couple of one-on-ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back