All Australian Watch: 2011

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
are you for real?

He missed his shots early in the match when Jamison had his measure. He then got on his bike and blew Jamison apart, he was the reason the game was close!

12 marks and 0.1 tells me he played bloody well, took plenty of marks and either handballed off to a runner to pump it inside 50 or turned and put it in there himself.

Are you for real?....I cant believe you have just typed what you have.

He missed set shots? Why the plural when he has 1 SINGLE POINT to hsi name.

Riewoldt is a forward not a bloody midfielder, and Carlton would be loving the fact he got the ball on the wing....why would we care if hes pumping it in long?

I hope to god your not putting any Collingwood defenders ahead of Jamieson?

The bolded part, if shown to anyone before a game would laugh if they knew the player in question was the main forward.

Are you for real?....I cant believe you have just typed what you have.

He missed set shots? Why the plural when he has 1 SINGLE POINT to hsi name.

Riewoldt is a forward not a bloody midfielder, and Carlton would be loving the fact he got the ball on the wing....why would we care if hes pumping it in long?

I hope to god your not putting any Collingwood defenders ahead of Jamieson?

The bolded part, if shown to anyone before a game would laugh if they knew the player in question was the main forward.

I think the match up was break even to be honest. Carlton would be happier with that than St Kilda

I think the match up was break even to be honest. Carlton would be happier with that than St Kilda

Yer, but with a defender matchup break even is a win for Carlton as you said.

Would you be happy if Franklin kicked 0 but was marking around the ground but not effecting the scoreboard, when it looked evident Carlton were struggling with the taller forwards?

Yer, but with a defender matchup break even is a win for Carlton as you said.

Would you be happy if Franklin kicked 0 but was marking around the ground but not effecting the scoreboard, when it looked evident Carlton were struggling with the taller forwards?

No, but Franklin does play up the ground a lot and is usually a bigger goalkicker than Nick anyway, so even on most bad days he will usually kick 2 or 3. Nick Riewoldt is struggling at the moment no doubt, but there were a few signs that he is starting to get a little bit of confidence back.

I don't think Riewoldt was super bad tonight, but I don't think he was great either.

0.1 from one of the premier forwards in the league in a four point game...yeah that's line ball right there.

Riewoldt can have all the ball he likes off the HBF and wing. Jamo beat him everywhere it counted. Another big notch in the belt.

0.1 from one of the premier forwards in the league in a four point game...yeah that's line ball right there.

Riewoldt can have all the ball he likes off the HBF and wing. Jamo beat him everywhere it counted. Another big notch in the belt.

Exactly, Riewoldt worked himself into the game nicely on the wing. Jamo smashed him inside the forward 50.

Big win for the Blues there, would take his "10 marks where it didn't count" any day of the week.

Jamison won a few early contests in the first quarter. Reiwolt then completely blew him up and got them back in the game in the 3rd quarter, in fact Jamison was still throwing up on the field at the start of the 4th quarter.

If they're giving him votes and even a BOG, then we may as well all give up. Reiwolt absolutely blew him apart, but missed a few set shots to keep Jamison's goals conceded stats looking good ;)

I do agree that Jamison was lucky Riewoldt didn't nail some of his shots. Missed about four from recollection.

My take was that Jamison beat Riewoldt in nearly all the one-on-one contests so Riewoldt started running him all over the field and he couldn't keep up in the second half.

I just watched the highlights to see if I was imagining things. I wasn't.

You are just making shit up. Jamison started on Cloke, and was well beaten.

http://www.youtube.com/user/100volt1#p/u/3/6gYf9tfYaUE

Jamison also has a huge clanger dropping the footy cold at a stoppage, resulting in a Ball goal. It's all there on the video. I'm sure that doesn't count on his 'conceded' stats either!

Cloke then beats him on the lead, gives off a handball to Wellingham and he hits up Dawes for a goal. All by midway second quarter, Jamison still on Cloke and Cloke most influential player on the ground!
Dead set champ get a life. you are the biggest tosser on this stie.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jamison had 6 contested marks to Riewoldt's 2 and 9 contested possessions to Riewoldt's 5. I would suggest Riewoldt was leading well up the ground to find the ball, but also to draw Jamison out as he was a rock inside 50 with the 1 on 1s.

I do agree that Jamison was lucky Riewoldt didn't nail some of his shots. Missed about four from recollection.

My take was that Jamison beat Riewoldt in nearly all the one-on-one contests so Riewoldt started running him all over the field and he couldn't keep up in the second half.
4 haha another who did not watch the game. He had 2 shot one was out on the full.

Not sure what game some of you were watching but Jamison was all over Riewoldt to half time. He took a lazy 6 contested marks, most of them on Riewoldt.

No doubt Riewoldt got on top of him in the 3rd but he had to work up to the wings and centre of the ground to win his kicks. Better than him doing nothing up forward but when he's playing as a link man across the centre you know you've done well.

In the last quarter Riewoldt didn't have a single touch till the last 5-10 minutes, but had some impact in the dying minutes.

are you for real?

He missed his shots early in the match when Jamison had his measure. He then got on his bike and blew Jamison apart, he was the reason the game was close!

12 marks and 0.1 tells me he played bloody well, took plenty of marks and either handballed off to a runner to pump it inside 50 or turned and put it in there himself.

Okay, we get it that you think Jamison is a spud, stop derailing this thread with your obsession.

FWIW, I thought he was excellent again tonight, completely destroyed Riewoldt in the first half, taking 6 contested marks. He is a traditional full-back and has never run with a CHF all over the ground before, so unsurprisingly Roo got away from him on the lead in the 3rd quarter, but the damage was minimal. Another great game from Jamo, who at the very worst split the points with Roo.

Jamison had 6 contested marks to Riewoldt's 2 and 9 contested possessions to Riewoldt's 5. I would suggest Riewoldt was leading well up the ground to find the ball, but also to draw Jamison out as he was a rock inside 50 with the 1 on 1s.
If Riewoldt gets more Coaches' Votes than Jamison, I'd be incredibly surprised.

Jamison towelled Rewioldt in nearly every one on one in the back 50. Completely blanketed him.

Reiwoldt pushed down the ground to actually get a touch. Jamo didn't follow him past half-back and stayed in the back 50 to give a chop out to our other defenders.

I doubt Jamo, nor Brett Ratten, could give a shit about a once in a generation CHF getting some cheap kicks in the centre square. It helped us if anything....gave us way more leverage against Kosi and McEvoy with Roo out.

Roo had 3 shots, 2 OOB and 1 for a point. Both were near the boundary and about 35m out.

Had he kicked 2 out of those 3 i'd say the contest was even. Jamison gets the chocolates though, easily....he had Roo on a string in contested marking.

Great to see Jamison belt Riewoldt. The Tv commenry was a joke going over the top about his lovely possessions deep on the wing. Jamison out marked him, out bodied him and Riewoldt could not get a kick any where near goal. Jamison has surpassed my expectations, he's in AA form.

Riewoldt had 0 influence on the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back