All Australian Watch: 2011

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
From the Eags Embley and Cox.

Now that i've got that out of the way, from the rest of the competition Swan, Pendlebury, J Bolton, Dawes, Rioli, Gibbs, Enright, Newman, sandilands, o'keefe, ryder, s mitchell, garlett and burgoyne have been the better performed players...

Would some key defenders please stand up. Bolton and O'Keefe for the Swans. Most should agree on most of the names mentioned since there has only been two rounds. I still don't get the Judd hate, after two rounds he is obviously thereabouts.

b4f is a quality poster jim.

I've been really impressed with Robbie Tarrant personally.

Was almost the Roo's best against WC, and played well against Collingwood considering the bombardment, looks like becoming a super marking CHB, similar to Lake imo.

Grundy has been good in both games I've seen him, as has Taylor.

I'd probably have Grundy as FB and Taylor CHB after two rounds.

from my team: newman, reiwoldt, deledio (obviously shocking against carlton but has been in the 40 man squad 2 of the last 3 years so if he keeps playing the way he has the 'got to be on the edge a few years before making it in' thing might ring true)

smokey: its a bit out there but krakour is my smokey to make the fp. certainly if he keeps his form up he is a huge chance and after the best going down in lecras, he is probably only up against betts, rioli, the swans guy they got from the hawks cant remember his name right now, dangerfield, didak, milne and maybe gray. certainly a few of them could take a midfield spot, so your probably looking at 3-4 spots for that small selection of players.

Chris Judd? Are you serious?

Franklin has struggled so far, but will no doubt pick up form.

All others are pretty fair. I'll be ridiculed for this but Zac Dawson has been great in both games so far.

Struggled to kick straight.

If he was a dead eye he'd be on 12 goals by now.

If Rioli plays another 10-12 games like he did on Sat you can pencil him in somewhere.

Gibbs on a wing seems like a good selection at this point. Has been very outside, but plays the role exceptionally. Let's see how he goes against Collingwood though.

Murphy/Judd are our other two options.

Gartlett may be a sneaky possibility as a FP if he can kick 45+ goals this year

Gibbs, Murphy, Swan, Cox, Pendlebury, Judd, Dawes, Watson, Enright, Embley, Burgoyne, Bartel and Jude Bolton seem the best so far.

Their is no way you can make an AA team after 2 rounds not even a fake one, should wait till round 5 till you start the thread.

Agreed, waaay too early to tell. Crows have only played one game due to the bye also. But from that, Taylor Walker with 4 goals, Dangerfield and Phil Davis might be worth keeping an eye on in this thread down the track.

Someone mentioned key position backmen, young Phil Davis was solid with 25 possessions and 8 marks against Buddy Franklin, who was held to 2.6 (poor kicking obviously) Davis worth watching, but too young yet to get an AA I anticipate.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To be completely fair i haven't seen one ounce of a good game yet. The best has been St.Kilda vs Richmond and BOG was the umpires... (though Deledio was very, very impressive)

People talking up a host of Carlton players forget they have played Richmond and the Gold Coast..... Similarly Collingwood has played North and Port.... I think i will reserve judgement on almost AA's until they play decent competition. I am not convinced that half of the players listed can string together a whole season of good football regardless of opposition.

Having said that, Judd, Swan and Pendles are locks regardless of form in the later half of the season.

Gibbs, Murphy, Swan, Cox, Pendlebury, Judd, Dawes, Watson, Enright, Embley, Burgoyne, Bartel and Jude Bolton seem the best so far.

Agree. Imagine if Matt Suckling plays as well as he did on the weekend for the rest of year- he could at least get nominated for selection. I know it is highly unlikely, but it would be one of the most surprising All-Austs ever if he did do it.

Jude Bolton -it would be good to see him make All-Australian.
Dangerfield might make it. Gibbs and Murphy...they should at least get nominated this year.

To be completely fair i haven't seen one ounce of a good game yet. The best has been St.Kilda vs Richmond and BOG was the umpires... (though Deledio was very, very impressive)

People talking up a host of Carlton players forget they have played Richmond and the Gold Coast..... Similarly Collingwood has played North and Port.... I think i will reserve judgement on almost AA's until they play decent competition. I am not convinced that half of the players listed can string together a whole season of good football regardless of opposition.

Having said that, Judd, Swan and Pendles are locks regardless of form in the later half of the season.

Possibly a fair call but Hawthorn v Crows in Rd 1 was a very good game - two pretty competitive teams both had periods where they played very well. Freo v Geelong on the weekend was also a ripper and both sides showed enough to make you think they'll be thereabouts at the business end of the season.

Have to think Ballantyne would be in the AA forward pocket atm, also Mundy and Pav for Interchange/Midfield positions.

Enright **** ****
Gibbs **** ****
Pendlebury Swan Bartel
Fyfe Franklin ****
Cox Watson Judd

Sandilands Pavlich **** ****

Moloney would be as close to an AA lock as you could get after 4 rounds. I'm not talking about a prediction for the end of season, just one based on the first four rounds. He does have 3 BoGs.

Enright **** ****
Gibbs **** ****
Pendlebury Swan Bartel
Fyfe Franklin ****
Cox Watson Judd

Sandilands Pavlich **** ****

Wouldn't have either Gibbs (poor fortnight) or Judd (been excellent but not at his dominant best) at this stage.

Garlett in a pocket and Murphy in contention for a midfield spot at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back