All Australian Watch: 2011

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
He had a great game. But it wasn't as good as a few of the other ones he played earlier in the season.

Or does he automatically play amazingly every week without any deviation because he is Scott Pendlebury?

Seriously, if you get a chance to watch Saturday night's game, you should jump at it. That way you won't have to use Footywire as your sole way of judging players' performances.

B: Sam Fisher (St Kilda); Luke McPharlin (Fremantle); Heath Shaw (Collingwood)
HB: Heath Scotland (Carlton); Michael Jamison (Carlton); James Kelly (Geelong)
C: Dale Thomas (Collingwood); Scott Pendlebury (Collingwood); Marc Murphy (Carlton)
HF: Nathan Fyfe (Fremantle); Travis Cloke (Collingwood); Andrew Embely (West Coast)
F: Steve Johnson (Geelong); Lance Franklin (Hawthorn); Jeff Garlett (Carlton)
R: Dean Cox (West Coast); Chris Judd (Carlton); David Mundy (Fremantle)
I: Aaron Sandilands (Fremantle); Joel Selwood (Geelong); Jobe Watson (Essendon); Scott Thompson (Adelaide)

Out: Merrett, Deledio
In: McPharlin, Scotland

Got a little bit excited last week putting Merrett in for McParlin. Fixed that error this week.

Leon Davis, on track for AA honours again?

He'd be very close to making the AA team as a BP if the season was to end now IMO, would be quite an achievment to make it as a fwd and a defender, been solid as a rock this year, really seems to be enjoying his footy again, thoughts?

Re: Leon Davis, on track for AA honours again?

i havent heard much of him to be honest, i thought it had been dropped for half of the season so far. i could name more players from collingwood then him that will be pushing for it. just my opinion thou

Must say i had my doubts

But his just so good at defending small forwards and is brilliant when the ball hits the ground just seems to be so calm while others fumble

Proved me wrong

i havent heard much of him to be honest, i thought it had been dropped for half of the season so far. i could name more players from collingwood then him that will be pushing for it. just my opinion thou

Collingwood players with claims so far would be

Thomas, lock if the season was to end now, wing maybe?

Cloke, no brainer.

Shaw, back to his best, lots of good HBs going around though.

Pendles, been very good, lots of good mids going around though too especially with murphy and judd in blistering form, should make the team but maybe not as a starting mid.

Leon, been outstanding.

Reid, probably needs another year of current form to get noticed.

Swan, still has a high possession average, been butchering a bit though and on current form is no chance, could turn it around though.

Not saying all these players will make it FWIW

Thomas - Yes
Pendles - Yes
Cloke - No
Shaw - Most likely
Leon - No
Reid - No way

There is no way Leon or Reid will make it. No way.

Cloke however, I think will. Been the second best KP forward with Kennedy behind Franklin this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thomas - Yes
Pendles - Yes
Cloke - No
Shaw - Most likely
Leon - No
Reid - No way

Cloke's a lock if the season was to end now, as i said it's a no brainer, maybe you don't have a brain?, you probably should take a bit more notice of reid too, very very good young defender.

There is no way Leon or Reid will make it. No way.

Cloke however, I think will. Been the second best KP forward with Kennedy behind Franklin this year.

Not sure who's been better as a small defender, he hasn't put a foot wrong all season, been unbelievably good when isolated deep, has embarrassed many fwds this year.

I've been calling Cloke a hack for a little while now. As of Sat night I'm just gonna hold my tongue. Was very impressive and a good mark and kick. Hurts, but we need someone like that.
Leon has to keep it up and he might be some chance.

Mitchell had another solid game. But is his lack of offensive flare going to cost him? People don't seem to appreciate how good he is in packs...

Yeah it will cost him, it has his whole career. Criminally underrated.

I will go as far as saying he is as good as Luke Hodge, who has been widely regarded as a Top 5/Top 10 player for the best part of 6 years.

Gets 30+ touches, lots of contested ball, in the top few for clearances in the league so far this year, and uses the ball very well on both feet in heavy traffic. It's a ****ing travesty he has never been AA in his career and players like Leon Davis & Cam Mooney have.

B: Sam Fisher (St Kilda); Luke McPharlin (Fremantle); Heath Shaw (Collingwood)
HB: Heath Scotland (Carlton); Michael Jamison (Carlton); James Kelly (Geelong)
C: Dale Thomas (Collingwood); Scott Pendlebury (Collingwood); Marc Murphy (Carlton)
HF: Nathan Fyfe (Fremantle); Travis Cloke (Collingwood); Andrew Embely (West Coast)
F: Steve Johnson (Geelong); Lance Franklin (Hawthorn); Jeff Garlett (Carlton)
R: Dean Cox (West Coast); Chris Judd (Carlton); David Mundy (Fremantle)
I: Aaron Sandilands (Fremantle); Joel Selwood (Geelong); Jobe Watson (Essendon); Scott Thompson (Adelaide)

Out: Merrett, Deledio
In: McPharlin, Scotland

Got a little bit excited last week putting Merrett in for McParlin. Fixed that error this week.

Pretty good side, can't disagree with too much. Would swap Jamison over for McPharlin but that's no big deal.
I personally wouldn't pick Embley so wouldn't rule out selectors picking Thomas on that flank (even though he is probably the truest wingman in the game currently) & picking another mid. I'd probably pick Mitchell over Mundy currently too, his form has dropped a bit.

Anyone that doesn't think Cloke is up there is an out and out spud. Best contested mark in the game and now that he's starting to straighten up his kicking he's becoming quite the force up forward.

As for the Leon argument, if he keeps playing as he is he would be a chance, but only that. Plenty would contend for that position in the AA team. Having said that he is having a brilliant season and i'm glad to see him firing down back with his composure and ball-reading is outstanding.

Yeah it will cost him, it has his whole career. Criminally underrated.

I will go as far as saying he is as good as Luke Hodge, who has been widely regarded as a Top 5/Top 10 player for the best part of 6 years.

Gets 30+ touches, lots of contested ball, in the top few for clearances in the league so far this year, and uses the ball very well on both feet in heavy traffic. It's a ****ing travesty he has never been AA in his career and players like Leon Davis & Cam Mooney have.

It's simply more competitive getting a spot as a midfielder, both Davis & Mooney were selected as forwards obviously.
It took until 2010 for Swan to be named as a midfielder in the AA team & he's consistently been one of the best midfielders in the league since 2008. Players like Judd, Ablett etc tend to have a mortgage on the midfielder spots and players like Mitchell can miss out as a result. I think he is definitely worth a spot this year though, he'd be in my side right about now.

It's simply more competitive getting a spot as a midfielder, both Davis & Mooney were selected as forwards obviously.
It took until 2010 for Swan to be named as a midfielder in the AA team & he's consistently been one of the best midfielders in the league since 2008. Players like Judd, Ablett etc tend to have a mortgage on the midfielder spots and players like Mitchell can miss out as a result. I think he is definitely worth a spot this year though, he'd be in my side right about now.

Yeah, I know.

Mitchell has had years like this before and hasn't made it, so I won't be holding my breath.

Matty Pavlich shat himself and dropped the ball at the sight of an oncoming Sam Mitchell yesterday. That alone should guarantee his spot in the middle.

you probably should take a bit more notice of reid too, very very good young defender.

I don't think Reid is going to get near the AA this season.

Does that mean I don't think he's a very good young defender?

What a load of rubbish. :rolleyes:

Wake up to yourself. Collingwood having another excellent season thus far does not automatically equate to every Collingwood player being the best in the league in their positions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back