Porps is a star!!

Team Captain
Jun 5, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool
I was listening to SEN on my way to work this morning and they mentioned that the All Australian selectors would be convening today to have a look at who they would put in. They then said who would be a shoe in for the team. I then started to think about who might get a gig from the crows...

So I'd be interested to see who you think is a shot from our side and who do you think is a shoe in for the whole comp...

Johncock would be the only chance I'd think. He's had a fantastic season. Thompson has, imo, been our best player this season but I couldn't see him getting an AA guernsey above the elite mids in the league.

Bock is the best CHB going around but has actually missed a fair chunk of the season, between missing a game for disciplinary reasons, 2-3 with his hamstring and now at least 2 with his foot. Unfortunate, he would have been a shoe in had he stayed on the park.

I think that Bock is the best CHB in the comp, thats his spot.

I think with the excpetion of Bock our best players have been through the midfield- Vince, Edwards, Thommo, and they have to compete with Judd, Bartel, Selwood, Ablett, Dal Santo, Goddard, Hayes etc etc etc...

Tippett on the other hand is not good enough yet to compete with the big gun forwrads, but closer this year than last.

My shoe ins for AA are Rievolt- CHF. Fev- FF. Ablett, Judd in the midfield. Bock at CHB, Ruck- Sandilands/McIntosh

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Might as well just post my whole team:

J.Brown(vc)/B.Fevola/P.Chapman
R.O'Keefe/N.Riewoldt(c)/A.Didak
L.Montagna/J.Selwood/D.Swan
J.Corey/R.Hargrave/B.Goddard
J.Drummond/B.Lake/D.Morris
A.Sandilands/C.Judd/G.Ablett
H.McIntosh/L.Hayes/N.Dal Santo/J.Bartel

Last night I had Bocky in, but after hearing he'll probably be out another 2-3 in comes Drummond and Hargrave goes to CHB.

The backline is really up in the air I reckon. The FB could easily be Presti or Rutten, Goddard and Corey have spent most of their time in the middle, and Stiffmeister could easily come in for Drummond. Don't rule out Davey in his new role too.

Our midfielders are no chance in hell.

Porsche our only shot up forward but I can't see him beating Chappy, ROK, Didak or even LeCras for that matter.

Sewell, Gibbs, Mitchell and a plethora of others just missed out on this team.

Oh, I just thought of something funny, Caroline Wilson had Michael Gardiner (Michael Gardiner), that's Michael Gardiner, as her number one ruckman.

Bock would have to be our best bet - but missing 1 game through suspension and a minimum of 5 through injury, means that he's likely to be overlooked.

Johncock & Porplyzia would be an outside chance of making the cut. Both should be selected in the 40-50 man initial squad, but it's doubtful that either will make the final 22.

None of our midfielders have a snowball's chance in hell of making the team.

Odds are that no Crows will make the AA team this year.

Bock is last years Porp. Porp had AA written all over him until he got injured and missed too many games. Maybe if Bock playes Rnd 21 and 22 and dominates he will pull through

Bock probabaly our best chance. None of our midfielders will make it. I saw a couple of people mention Porps I don't think he will make it, whether he's been struggling with injury or down on form he hasn't had last years form. Except for a patch in the middle of the year.

Remove this Banner Ad

All Australian

Remove this Banner Ad

Back