All Elite Wrestling

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
That was pretty sh*t. When you have the Gunn Club, Wingmen, Brock Blanderson, Matt Hardy and QT Marshall you’d expect that I suppose.

Punk, Hayter and Black were good though.

A rare drop of the ball since they’ve been very hot the last couple months.

Yea just wasn't a very well put together episode even with the limited talent on the show. Gunn Club v QTs boys? ####en come on now. Play that out to further the QT v Show thing somewhere else. Nothing necessarily that wrong with the rest apart from the final match being an ordinary main event much as I like End. Hell the tag would have been better if they were that stuck for ideas. Wing men did their job but showed teams like 2.0 and Hybrid Two are still more important than many notice as they would have been miles and miles better.

I enjoy a good stable and it has been good to see them return but I feel like AEW has gone way overboard with it and this is why it is giving me so many WCW vibes.

Hardy Family, Death Triangle, Best Friends, Elite, Inner Circle, Pinnacle, Jurassic Express, Gunn Club, Factory, Nightmare Family, Team Taz, Dark Order and the Wingmen. That is 13 Stables/ Groups. I don't even think WCW had that many stables/groups running at the same time. Wolfpack, NWO, LWO, Raven's Flock, Dungeon of Doom, Horseman, Filthy Animals , Misfits . Some of those may have overlapped or at a different time but off the top of my head that is what I remember.

Add in the pairings of Mox/Kingston, Sting/Darby and Sky & Cage. It has that WCW feel where they have so much talent they have no idea what to do with them. Like WCW had Goldberg and Bret Hart win the tag titles I get that feel with Mox/Kingston that they have just slapped them together when they didn't need it because they needed something for them to do.

MJF / Jericho has gone on forever , I guess when you only have 4 PPV a year it makes it harder as they need to keep building for those events but its so hit and miss some episodes are great and you think how good is this going to be and then you get the one after that is just pure garbage.

To many on the roster and to many that are in some form of affiliation and will this only get worse if Bryan , Cole and Wyatt come on board? Could easily see them chucking Cole and Wyatt in some group or creating another.

If that episode was Pure garbage then I’d hate to see what actual garbage looks like. Was an average episode nothing special

If that episode was Pure garbage then I’d hate to see what actual garbage looks like. Was an average episode nothing special

Agreed. It wasn’t rotten, wasn’t great, just meh.

Which for Dynamite lately is disappointing.

Good thing is they usually bounce straight back the following week.

Guess that happens when you have set a high bar
Correct. It’s no doubt the best wrestling show going around but this Wednesday was a stinker.

Hey new fans heeeeeeeres some exciting up and comers like Billy Gunn and Matt Hardy. Do you like people who have never seen a gym? Well here’s Brock Anderson! Why is Black scared of Lee Johnson? We actually don’t know either!

Correct. It’s no doubt the best wrestling show going around but this Wednesday was a stinker.

Hey new fans heeeeeeeres some exciting up and comers like Billy Gunn and Matt Hardy. Do you like people who have never seen a gym? Well here’s Brock Anderson! Why is Black scared of Lee Johnson? We actually don’t know either!

I have no issue with Matt Hardy - he is a familiar face who ppl know and he puts over OC.

Billie Gun was 1 man in a 6 man tag. The match itself wasn't needed but it’s not like Billie was showcased. The whole match and segment we could have done without.
Would have rather have PAC 1:1 with someone and promote the Andrade match

The last match/segment was booked poorly and fell very flat. Everything from Arn to Lee Johnson coming out and Black bailing

Agree wasn't that bad but bit of a missed opportunity with Punk's first appearance. Was weird how many of their better people were off the show and I do wonder if there was more to it

Think they’re probably prone to a little more up and down in their episodes because it’s not scripted within an inch of its life. I don’t particularly have an issue with enhancement talent being used because every match doesn’t have to mean something and helps with show pacing. I did not like how botchy the first 2 matches were. Pillman Jr in particular isn’t at the level yet. For the squash that was Black and Brock Anderson I thought Anderson sold very well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I enjoy a good stable and it has been good to see them return but I feel like AEW has gone way overboard with it and this is why it is giving me so many WCW vibes.

Hardy Family, Death Triangle, Best Friends, Elite, Inner Circle, Pinnacle, Jurassic Express, Gunn Club, Factory, Nightmare Family, Team Taz, Dark Order and the Wingmen. That is 13 Stables/ Groups. I don't even think WCW had that many stables/groups running at the same time. Wolfpack, NWO, LWO, Raven's Flock, Dungeon of Doom, Horseman, Filthy Animals , Misfits . Some of those may have overlapped or at a different time but off the top of my head that is what I remember.

Add in the pairings of Mox/Kingston, Sting/Darby and Sky & Cage. It has that WCW feel where they have so much talent they have no idea what to do with them. Like WCW had Goldberg and Bret Hart win the tag titles I get that feel with Mox/Kingston that they have just slapped them together when they didn't need it because they needed something for them to do.

MJF / Jericho has gone on forever , I guess when you only have 4 PPV a year it makes it harder as they need to keep building for those events but its so hit and miss some episodes are great and you think how good is this going to be and then you get the one after that is just pure garbage.

To many on the roster and to many that are in some form of affiliation and will this only get worse if Bryan , Cole and Wyatt come on board? Could easily see them chucking Cole and Wyatt in some group or creating another.
its great IMO, although we've got 20 years of comparing it to "me heel now thus half the roster now my friend" stuff. feels more real that groups form and isn't overplayed; and makes things feel more fresh as not seeing guys in a single match for 15 minutes every week like WWE has where everyone just feels like "a guy"

its great IMO, although we've got 20 years of comparing it to "me heel now thus half the roster now my friend" stuff. feels more real that groups form and isn't overplayed; and makes things feel more fresh as not seeing guys in a single match for 15 minutes every week like WWE has where everyone just feels like "a guy"

This - reflects reality that people will hang out in groups or pair up with others

she literally missed that entire moonsault very embarrassing to do that on national televsion.

i dont know why they signed her shes just meh to me at literally everything

She overshot a standing moonsault which funnily enough is even more difficult to do

Per Dave Meltzer in this week's Wrestling Observer Newsletter, AEW had to cancel a match that was planned for the show (but hadn't been advertised) because two fully vaccinated participants ended up testing positive for COVID. While both were asymptomatic, the promotion found out prior to announcing the bout, giving them time to scrap it.

AEW sources also confirmed Gangrel's claim that Edge's recent Brood callbacks in WWE led to the company cancelling his planned Dynamite appearance this week, though Gangrel ended up getting paid regardless. On top of this, Matt Lee's wife giving birth led to Tony Khan giving 2point0 the week off, scrapping an angle they had been pencilled in for.

Per Dave Meltzer in this week's Wrestling Observer Newsletter, AEW had to cancel a match that was planned for the show (but hadn't been advertised) because two fully vaccinated participants ended up testing positive for COVID. While both were asymptomatic, the promotion found out prior to announcing the bout, giving them time to scrap it.

AEW sources also confirmed Gangrel's claim that Edge's recent Brood callbacks in WWE led to the company cancelling his planned Dynamite appearance this week, though Gangrel ended up getting paid regardless. On top of this, Matt Lee's wife giving birth led to Tony Khan giving 2point0 the week off, scrapping an angle they had been pencilled in for.

But what about all that depth? Surely the fact that they couldn’t hold one match and have 1 tag team miss a week and have a Gangrel make some kind of appearance could severely impact how a show can be put together when they have such an expansive roster at its finger tips.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back