Rumour All GWS Rumour And Speculation Thread - Vol 2

What Big Name would you Rather Lose to GWS?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm a Wellingham fan and the only disapppointing thing about him pontentially leaving to GWS is that we won't get compensation anywhere near what he'll be worth. I think he has the potential to be an A grade mid, buit if he leaves I think we'd be extremely lucky to get Band 2 compensation, Band 3 being way more likely. But if he leaves then thats way more appealing than losing Cloke or Pendles and I could deal with it no matter what compensation the club ends up getting.

I'm a Wellingham fan and the only disapppointing thing about him pontentially leaving to GWS is that we won't get compensation anywhere near what he'll be worth. I think he has the potential to be an A grade mid, buit if he leaves I think we'd be extremely lucky to get Band 2 compensation, Band 3 being way more likely. But if he leaves then thats way more appealing than losing Cloke or Pendles and I could deal with it no matter what compensation the club ends up getting.

I think he be Band 2 as I reckon he be 1 of our Higher Paid Players and is also a Premiership Player so that would count for Something

Didn't we get band 3 or 4 for Josh Fraser?

I believe there are 5 bands and we got band 5 for josh. Amazingly that was as good as it gets.

We would get band 2 or 3 for sharrod. As much as I would hate to lose him, it would help us keep our guns from gws and free up cap space. We can cover him (if it does happen)

Also if I am correct we traded that compensation pick to west coast for a pick in the 40s which either helped us get Taz or got us fasolo. Either way it was a massive win as we were going to delist josh

I wouldn't want to lose Wellingham, but if losing Wellingham means we sign up Travis and Pendles for 3 years a piece, then I guess we have no choice.

Cloke and Pendles won't sign 3 year deals. 2 is the best you'll get with free agency coming in.

which means ill have a look at gws offer
And so he should.

If they offer him 2.5 Million a year, he should take it, sorry, but he should.

But luckily they can't afford that much, as after next season, their salary cap starts decreasing back towards the average level.

They have Scully on over a mill a year, and Davis on close to that, and Ward is on big money too. And then they have to consider what some clubs will offer their young talent in 2-3 years time.

And Cloke is a restricted free agent, meaning any offer another club makes we can match anyway, and he can't leave.

He'll re-sign with us after the finals, I have no doubt about it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's what Ablett, Scully, etc consistently said when they were asked. I'm not saying that Cloke will definitely go to GWS, but after that comment I'm feeling less confident that he'll stay at the Pies.

Yeah I was suprised he said that but last time they did that as well and with also him doing that we can't sign many players as we want.

Well make it easier to re-sign Pendles and Reid

That's what Ablett, Scully, etc consistently said when they were asked. I'm not saying that Cloke will definitely go to GWS, but after that comment I'm feeling less confident that he'll stay at the Pies.

What part of;
They (gws) haven't contacted me, my father, anyone in the family or my pets about anything yet.
That he would like to stay a pie
The reason he wants to leave it until the end of the season, is it allows him to play good football showing what he can do

Has you at all worried he'll leave?

I hated this shit last year, when all our players were honest and did just as they say and it's more of the same last year. Take our players on their word ffs

What part of;
They (gws) haven't contacted me, my father, anyone in the family or my pets about anything yet.
The reason he wants to leave it until the end of the season, is it allows him to play good football showing what he can do

I hated this shit last year, when all our players were honest and did just as they say and it's more of the same last year. Take our players on their word ffs

Do you 100% Believe that at this time?

Did everyone forget that he said his dad met with Geoff Walsh recently and put an offer to the club?
Clearly

Do you 100% Believe that at this time?
Yes, yes I do. Barring catastrophe Trav will stay
Wtf was with the 'google mapping' Blacktown?!? Have a bad feeling he'll take the cash and run.
You're kidding right?

I google mapped a school in nar nar goon, it doesn't mean I am taking a job there!!!!

What part of;

I haven't seen any of the show, so I don't know all of what was said, I've only just read what Dave posted above.

Like I said, I'm not saying that he will go & I'm not going to spend the whole of the season worrying about it either. However, the reality of the situation is that many other clubs can offer Trav a lot more money than the Pies can. We may have the right to match any offer made to him, but if the money's not in the salary cap, then that won't do us much good. I could hardly begrudge him accepting an offer of $750K or more per year elsewhere, it would be a lot of money to turn your back on. Given how tight Trav is with his family & the mates he has at the club, I always felt he would be more likely to stay than not, but he would have to give up a lot of cold, hard cash to do so.

Wtf was with the 'google mapping' Blacktown?!? Have a bad feeling he'll take the cash and run.

Not sure if your serious. I google places all the time on my iphone.

I just like how Barrett puts in a nice fluff piece about a Norf player then tries to make sumthing out of nothing with Clokey. Typical Barrett shit :thumbsdown:

Not sure if your serious. I google places all the time on my iphone.

I just like how Barrett puts in a nice fluff piece about a Norf player then tries to make sumthing out of nothing with Clokey. Typical Barrett shit :thumbsdown:

Wasn't Daisy, Swan and Pendles joking about that Last Season?

Travis must have told him to say it, to increase speculation I suspect to make Collingwood think that he's really considering going to GWS.

How else whould Barrett have known that? Surely he wasn't admitting to snooping through his phone.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour All GWS Rumour And Speculation Thread - Vol 2

Back