Didak,
Johnson

in game

Ball,
Ried

v

Walker

equals about a 10 goal difference.

Well played Carlton - you deserve to win because you took your chances.

Beating a contender opposition when the circumstances are heavily stacked in your favour is rather hollow. It's expected that you win and win well. If we had caught any of our challengers in the state we are in and demolished them, it would be the same, hollow. There's not much to actually gain out of it because it is not a true indicator or measure, period. It was a nice win for the Blues but some perspective is needed.

Injuries, rotations, blah, blah, blah. Your initial assertion is rubbish because the opposition couldn't give two shits about your problems. When you smash an arch enemy by 10 goals, that's all that matters and is NEVER hollow.

You lost because you couldnt get your hands on the ball in the middle. It has to be said that Collingwoods rucks are bordering on the worse in the AFL at present. Your midfield was smashed as a result and the game was never really in question. Ball and Reids injury has only offered a sorry excuse for Collingwood supporters as the game was over well before they went down.

Not disputing the fact that we were smashed but there were circumstances for that.

Before Ball went off it was only 8 points the difference, despite having lost Reid already at that point.

It all snowballed from there and you could see we were just going to run our of steam by half time. As I said at the moment, we don't have enough fit soldiers on the park and when we get them back, they seem to break down.

Thems the breaks and we will have to deal with unfortunately but it's not as if we are flying, fully fit and full strengthed getting steamrolled. If that were the case, I'd be burning the place down.

Injuries - do we have any?

Tarrant,
Brown,
Didak,
Johnson

in game

Ball,
Ried

v

Walker

I will admit the pies were more underdone, but I wouldn't exactly call Didak and Johnson big outs. Didak is clearly not the player he was and it's arguable whether he's a best 22 player now. Johnson is serviceable, but like Dids, I think he's well and truly in last year or so. Don't if you can carry those 2.

Tarrant and Brown are key players, and obviously Ball/Reid getting injured during the game hurt.

Walker and Warnock were our keys outs, although Warnock may struggle to break into the team with Kreuzer and Hampson playing well.

Sure Collingwood had injuries but some of you guys are kidding yourselves if you think it would have changed the result. Look at the pathetic effort the fit players put in. They are not playing for their coach.

There's no excuses to bleat out, it's simply the facts. Please point out anything that I said that was wrong or incorrect. You can't. As I said, we lost 2 key players early, down on rotations, already had underdone players trying to gain match fitness and on top of that you had an extra 2 days on us which compounded our woes. Them's the breaks I know but that's the truth.
Well, you said it was a hollow victory for a start. That's completely wrong. It's thoroughly enjoyable. :D

But apart from that, who says you can't use a fact as an excuse? That's exactly what you did. So and so was out, so and so was injured during the game. So and so was underdone. Facts. And excuses. They are not mutually exclusive.

Face it, you're not prepared to simply accept the loss on the chin. You'd rather try and downplay the win by offering up excuses. I'll bet your coach isn't doing that, he'd be trying to work out where the 18 players Collingwood had on the field went wrong.

You can only play two rucks mate.:thumbsu:

A fit Didak is still Collingwood's best attacking option.

If you read my post again, you will see the sentence "although Warnock may struggle to break into the team with Kreuzer and Hampson playing well"

Still have doubts about Didak, but that's my view.

Injuries - do we have any?

Tarrant,
Brown,
Didak,
Johnson

in game

Ball,
Ried

v

Walker

You had your best available side out there.

All clubs get injuries, you need to be able to cover them.

You'd be better served to be critically analyzing your replacement players rather than using the outs as an excuse.

(And, yes, I know, that applies to the supporters of all clubs who may have significant outs from time to time).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why the **** was Luke Ball put back on after he did his knee the first time. Pies playing with fire and got burnt.

Sub rule. They'd already activated because of the Reid injury so they risked him to keep the rotations going. :thumbsdown:

We need at least 2 subs - 1 named and 1 as an emergency so a second sub can come on if 2 players go down. Killed the contest - or at least any chance of a comeback by the Pies.

I will admit the pies were more underdone, but I wouldn't exactly call Didak and Johnson big outs. Didak is clearly not the player he was and it's arguable whether he's a best 22 player now. Johnson is serviceable, but like Dids, I think he's well and truly in last year or so. Don't if you can carry those 2.

Tarrant and Brown are key players, and obviously Ball/Reid getting injured during the game hurt.

Walker and Warnock were our keys outs, although Warnock may struggle to break into the team with Kreuzer and Hampson playing well.

Didak and Johnson, when both fit are ahead of a couple of the young guys we had playing last night. Didak may or may not be past it now, but you can't judge it on last season when he was playing injured all year. I'm still hopefuly he can get back close to 2010 form.

Warnock probably doesn't matter one way or the other with the other two playing the way they are. It's a good problem to have! Similar with Walker, I guess he has to come back in, but who goes out for him?

FFS. All this stuff about having more subs. Sometimes you get injuries in footy. It happens.

All the subs in the world wouldn't have made Swan put in, or stop Pendles having the bad one he's going to have on a yearly basis.

this is the moment the Collingwood football Club fell over. When Swannie said to Buckley, "now I have won a Brownlow and a Premiership, you tosser!"

3_20110926232808258176-496x620.jpg

Buckley has never forgiven him.

Swannie hasn't got off the piss since.

If I were a Collingwood supporter, I'd be more worried about my President than anything else. There they were in 2010, best team in the land, cruising along with the prospect of more premierships ahead, when all of a sudden they decide to axe their proven coach and bring in Eddie's love child, just to get him a flag while they had a good list. Well Eddie, it's backfired. You've decided to fix something that wasn't broken and you should be sacked.

What's funniest to think back to, is remember all your Collingwood mates who after 2010 starting predicting that they would win '3 flags in a row' and go down as one of the greatest teams of their era?

Now they won't even sit through a whole game of football!

this is the moment the Collingwood football Club fell over. When Swannie said to Buckley, "now I have won a Brownlow and a Premiership, you tosser!"

Buckley has never forgiven him.

Swannie hasn't got off the piss since.

This is one of the best posts I have ever seen on bigfooty.

I honestly don't know if Blessed is legit or a troll (or some kind of legitimate troll) but I'm loving his work at the moment.

I agree, a coach should be judged by how much of a lady that his wife is.

Tania showed her true colours when she wore that G-String to the Brownlow.

now she is just a frummy short Italian mumma who eats too much pasta and has no time for anyone else except her image in the mirror.

Tania Buckley to Collingwood is like Yoko Ono was to the Beatles.

Sigworthy.

I think most people would pick Collingwood over North. Its nice playing in front of big crowds and having more cash. cant blame him for wanting to coach his former team.
At the risk of sounding like an apologist for DoS, Buckley formally agreed to terms with North, and at the last minute did an about face, using the "play finals" card to explain his decision to a clearly exasperated Denis Pagan. This is not folklore, this is fact. As a result of this, Pagan would wind his players up to run through a brick wall before every Collingwood match, and to a man they would terrorise Buckley at every given opportunity.

At the risk of sounding like an apologist for DoS, Buckley formally agreed to terms with North, and at the last minute did an about face, using the "play finals" card to explain his decision to a clearly exasperated Denis Pagan. This is not folklore, this is fact. As a result of this, Pagan would wind his players up to run through a brick wall before every Collingwood match, and to a man they would terrorise Buckley at every given opportunity.

You're right that it definitely wasn't folklore, although I don't know how formal the agreement was. Buckley certainly took a payment from us of about $10k I think.

The players can go into the room of mirrors and have a hard look at themselves! Lazy, soft and heartless!

I'd like to see all our supporters stay home next week to show them we can also be soulless, disinterested, prima-donnas. They certainly don't deserve any support after last night. $£$%^%%$ wimps.

the players need to take a good hard look at themselves in order to rediscover what took them to a premiership in 2010. at the moment there is a serious lack of desire and endeavour when we take to the field and if things don't change soon then it will only get worse. the game is changing and we need to change with it. at the moment I don't see this happening. the lack of basic skills and poor judgement is killing us as is our lack of intensity at the ball. they won because they wanted it more and were prepared to put in the hard work to win every contest. we seem content to sit back and rely on others.

Remove this Banner Ad

All not well at the Pies

Remove this Banner Ad

Back