All the nice little things about winning the 2014 Premiership

Your favorite Hawthorn premiership?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

You've given me a yearning to go and have another listen :p
I'll be doing Rex's second again tonight. Did it this arvo on the way home from work and when the 'conveyance' quote was coming out, he was ****ing screaming. I had to wind the windows up.

AFL 360 Gerard Whateley: "The moment ....It was 12 and a half minutes left in the second quarter,....I've forgotten which goal it was exactly...Finished calling it and looked up 12 and a half minutes to go It's over. Before the half way mark of the second quarter".......

AFL 360 Gerard Whateley: "The moment ....It was 12 and a half minutes left in the second quarter,....I've forgotten which goal it was exactly...Finished calling it and looked up 12 and a half minutes to go It's over. Before the half way mark of the second quarter".......
Has AFL360 started again already?

my 12yo recounted her dream from last night, we're at the 2015 GF, front row seats, we win, Cyril signs our jumpers. She coudln't tell me who the opposition was, she said she didn't care, it wasn't important in her dream :)

Crossed the street on Thursday, on the way back from lunch break and passed a bloke in a Hawks cap, Back to Back shirt and one runner brown, one runner yellow. Sat down at my desk with a big smile. End of lunch break, who bloody cares?

Crossed the street on Thursday, on the way back from lunch break and passed a bloke in a Hawks cap, Back to Back shirt and one runner brown, one runner yellow. Sat down at my desk with a big smile. End of lunch break, who bloody cares?

are you sure about those colours? wasn't it one runner brown, one runner GOLD?

Aye Dinsdale, gold that runner may have been!

Collingwood supporters abound in the workplace, apparently Nathan Freeman is the second coming....

Gerard also stated on ABC's Insiders that the Hawks win in the GF was his sporting highlight of 2014.
That's good enough for me.

Someone had a go at me the other day, only half jokingly, for gloating about back2back too much on my Facebook.

All I could do was smile!

Oh that happens to me all the time! I am always being told to 'move on'. In my book you only need to 'move on' from something bad, I think they are the ones that need to 'move on' ;) A back to back premiership is something to savor and gloat about and milk for as long as you can :D

Caught up with a few ex colleagues recently who up until July when I was made redundant enjoyed some banter on "hope you Hawks fall over in the GF etc". Of course I retorted with "that's a bit stiff coming from a Saints supporter etc."

Needless to say, I asked them how the GF went, especially the COLA Swans supporter with a wry grin. They couldn't change the topic fast enough, including the Sainter. Another ex colleague who barracks for Hawthorn wasn't as happy to let it slip- haha. We just started talking about our chances and line-up for a possible three-peat!

My favourite premiership is a tie between 2008 (my first live flag, winning as underdogs).
2014 was also memorable being back to back and beating the COLA assisted Swans.

Oh that happens to me all the time! I am always being told to 'move on'. In my book you only need to 'move on' from something bad, I think they are the ones that need to 'move on' ;) A back to back premiership is something to savor and gloat about and milk for as long as you can :D
Agreed 120%.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Watching it over and over again on the t-box. I just finished watching it about 5 minutes ago, seriously considering digging out an alternate commentary and watching it again after dinner.

my 12yo recounted her dream from last night, we're at the 2015 GF, front row seats, we win, Cyril signs our jumpers. She coudln't tell me who the opposition was, she said she didn't care, it wasn't important in her dream :)
I had a dream like that yesterday while the GF was on the playlist again. Except we beat WCE (wtf) and i was dominating at HFF :D

I had a dream like that yesterday while the GF was on the playlist again. Except we beat WCE (wtf) and i was dominating at HFF :D

That's the 2017 Grand Final you witnessed. You better kick straight, or I'll stop passing the frickin pill to you.

'Dominating'... meh, us midfielders make you forward flankers look good.

Reading the papers...every team is up and about. All their injured stars are back in prime condition and will be dangerous this year.

It all means shit...we're back 2 back 2 back nicely

Corrected mate :D

Reading the papers...every team is up and about. All their injured stars are back in prime condition and will be dangerous this year.

It all means shit...we're back 2 back nicely

Except freo

That's the 2017 Grand Final you witnessed. You better kick straight, or I'll stop passing the frickin pill to you.

'Dominating'... meh, us midfielders make you forward flankers look good.
It's cute how you think going for a run up and down the wing makes you a midfielder :cool:

Day b4 GF i had a dream of Spang having had 2 bounces on the wing with Judas hot on his heels us behind by 5 and only seconds to go bombs one from the 50 with bud making a desperate lunge to tackle only to reach his shorts as the goal sails through after the siren. Bud then collapses sobs profusely and beats his chest from despair.

But in reality, Spang clipping him over the ears and roughing him up when he marked in q1 and gets up sulking does me every time. Gold

... round at a mates for Crissy dinner, he and his wife give me a 2014 silver commemorative coin from the Mint, serial number 1212.

Remove this Banner Ad

All the nice little things about winning the 2014 Premiership

Back