All things Politics

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for sharing.

When did you first start believing that remdesivir is harmful? My in-laws were grateful that it reduced the severity and duration of their symptoms last week.

Has this mistrust impacted you psychologically?
Not cool my friend. I haven't insulted you directly or indirectly as you just did there.
Secondly. How do you know it reduced the severity? How could you possibly know that taking nothing at all would have been similar or better? Fact is you cannot know. But you want to believe it. That's fine.

Net immigration was at that level in 2022/23 due to the borders having been closed for a couple of years.

It's half that level now, however, probably should be higher as the biggest issue around building enough houses and providing enough services for an aging population is skilled workers - who are currently 70% of that immigration intake that is supposedly a massive drain.
2018/2019 - from the government web site -
  • Australia's population increased by 194,400 people due to net overseas migration
2023 -
  • Overseas migration 2022-23 – net annual gain of 518,000 people -
  • Migrant arrivals increased 73% to 737,000 from 427,000 arrivals a year ago

Now a lot of these are on temporary visas, so not all will apply for permanent or be granted it. But it's too big a strain on our housing market.

2018/2019 - from the government web site -
  • Australia's population increased by 194,400 people due to net overseas migration
2023 -
  • Overseas migration 2022-23 – net annual gain of 518,000 people -
  • Migrant arrivals increased 73% to 737,000 from 427,000 arrivals a year ago

Now a lot of these are on temporary visas, so not all will apply for permanent or be granted it. But it's too big a strain on our housing market.
As I said last year's data was because the borders had been closed for 2 years. It's projected to be half that this year. But expect an increase over the next decade - the economy needs workers.

Warning: the following might cause you incredible confusion:

I like the song Billie Jean, but am not a big fan of paedophilia.

Now you're spreading even more lies.
Just googled "accusations of pedophilia against assange" to try and find what media sewerage you are disseminating this time. Turns out that it was CNN who publicised the accusations of pedophilia, coming from a murky dating site called Todd &Clare, then regurgitated by a former CIA agent Phillip Mudd.
Retractions were published as soon as Wikileaks threatened to sue for defamation:

Definitely think you need to contact Biden's team and get some of that performance enhancing drug. Or maybe you should contact Trump's team and try to get an anti-lying drug, for use on special occasions.

Now you're spreading even more lies.
Just googled "accusations of pedophilia against assange" to try and find what media sewerage you are disseminating this time. Turns out that it was CNN who publicised the accusations of pedophilia, coming from a murky dating site called Todd &Clare, then regurgitated by a former CIA agent Phillip Mudd.
Retractions were published as soon as Wikileaks threatened to sue for defamation:

Definitely think you need to contact Biden's team and get some of that performance enhancing drug. Or maybe you should contact Trump's team and try to get an anti-lying drug, for use on special occasions.
I was right that it'd confuse you.

I was referring to MJ in terms of paedophilia. Whilst I wouldn't say it's definite - it seems pretty likely.

Not cool my friend. I haven't insulted you directly or indirectly as you just did there.
Secondly. How do you know it reduced the severity? How could you possibly know that taking nothing at all would have been similar or better? Fact is you cannot know. But you want to believe it. That's fine.

No offence meant. Apologies.

I know it reduced the severity because I got COVID at the same time. I'm 30 years younger than them but carried the symptoms for a week. They were fine in 3-4 days. Both in their 80s.

...ha ha, easy to say in retrospect.
Had I not answered though, it would have read as afurther insinuation against Assange, which was mentioned earlier by some other idiot here.

I will try to be respectful here but will probably fail. You know Robert F Kennedy has previously opined that vaccines have caused autism? And that he has promoted the evil proven lies of Andrew Wakefield? Lies that caused untold angst to families across the world and lowered vaccine rates? This was long before Covid.

That’s someone you want to get behind?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Yes, Wakefield was an astonishing liar driven by a shot at scientific glory

Yes, Wakefield was an astonishing liar driven by a shot at scientific glory
I'm just confused that Sideswipe doesn't consider him a hero. It was a scam for the ages. Bloody unlucky to not pull it off:

Wakefield reportedly stood to earn up to US$43 million per year selling diagnostic kits for a non-existent syndrome he claimed to have discovered.[10] He also held a patent to a rival vaccine at the time, and he had been employed by a lawyer representing parents in lawsuits against vaccine producers.

Trump thread here:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just a reminder of BF rules.

You agree to not use the Service to submit or link to any Content which is:

• dangerous to health, anti-vax, Covid denial etc,
  • hateful, including sympathetic discussion of far-right/neo-Nazi tropes,
  • Racism
  • Any form of homophobia or transphobia
  • defamatory,
  • threatening,
  • abusive,
  • likely to offend,
  • spam or spam-like,
  • contains adult or objectionable content,
  • risks copyright infringement,
  • encourages unlawful activity,
  • or otherwise violates any laws,
  • or contains personal information of other

I'm just confused that Sideswipe doesn't consider him a hero. It was a scam for the ages. Bloody unlucky to not pull it off:

Wakefield reportedly stood to earn up to US$43 million per year selling diagnostic kits for a non-existent syndrome he claimed to have discovered.[10] He also held a patent to a rival vaccine at the time, and he had been employed by a lawyer representing parents in lawsuits against vaccine producers.

I’d happily see him dead.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Just a reminder of BF rules.

You agree to not use the Service to submit or link to any Content which is:

• dangerous to health, anti-vax, Covid denial etc,
  • hateful, including sympathetic discussion of far-right/neo-Nazi tropes,
  • Racism
  • Any form of homophobia or transphobia
  • defamatory,
  • threatening,
  • abusive,
  • likely to offend,
  • spam or spam-like,
  • contains adult or objectionable content,
  • risks copyright infringement,
  • encourages unlawful activity,
  • or otherwise violates any laws,
  • or contains personal information of other
Wow I guess free speech is dead here too. Yes Maggie5 it is policy of bigfooty. Not your own. I realise that.

WalterBlaknWhte is not a mod. We couldn't afford the mo-fo.
sr36 was seriously considered but was rejected due to his awful taste in pizza.
sideswipe devised a hostile takeover but lost interest when he discovered that a mod needs a valid reason to ban people.

Unless by "mod" you meant me, which is no longer true. But anyway...

Read the below carefully.

Nobody from your imagined "Cabal" is putting the US on a pedestal. That's your imagination. You have a binary view but the reality is a bit more nuanced.
Have you read the replies to my Cabal post now tell me again how you are not a Cabal of like minded people,you are so smug the lot of you are not worth my time debating anything with any of you.

I will just potshot your posts as individuals as it is so easy to do as you all have mindset.
Your no longer being a mod just shows how minimal amount of time and effort I put in here, as I said same people over and over again,now I have football to go and watch.I will just pop in now and again to see if any of your groups efforts are worth ridicule probably not,this post is an answer to your Cabal I do not wish to answer each one of you you are all interchangeable anyway.

Have you read the replies to my Cabal post now tell me again how you are not a Cabal of like minded people,you are so smug the lot of you are not worth my time debating anything with any of you.

I will just potshot your posts as individuals as it is so easy to do as you all have mindset.
Your no longer being a mod just shows how minimal amount of time and effort I put in here, as I said same people over and over again,now I have football to go and watch.I will just pop in now and again to see if any of your groups efforts are worth ridicule probably not,this post is an answer to your Cabal I do not wish to answer each one of you you are all interchangeable anyway.
Agree with you on this. They are all interchangeable!! That's why they keep recycling the same crap.

Really, it's not a good time for democracy.

A Democrat victory at the presidential election won't cure the country, but the alternative is a goosestep to the toilet bowl.

Biden needs to step aside, then he can fall off the perch listening to at least some people say some good things about him.
Even if Biden were to step aside, and some young, articulate Democrat were to replace him, it would not change one iota the policies of unending war, social inequality and attacks on immigrants that Biden has been carrying out.

Sorry if I've upset you and for coming across as smug. I don't agree w' you, but there's no reason we should be unpleasant.

From all reports, the $100m has been handed over......the payment has been made...and now Trump delivers..

News|US Election 2024

Trump calls Biden a ‘bad Palestinian’ in US presidential debate jab​

Republican Donald Trump has called US President Joe Biden “a very bad Palestinian” who doesn’t want to help Israel “finish the job” against Hamas in its war on Gaza.

Sorry if I've upset you and for coming across as smug. I don't agree w' you, but there's no reason to be unpleasant.
He has a good reason for thinking so. Whenever he posts, a herd of posters all stampede, all agreeing with each other and making condescending, belittling comments /jokes at his expense which they then bounce off each other....as if they were in an echo chamber (God forbid)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad