All things Politics

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would you agree to missiles being placed facing Australia?

Not potential it's real what Russia is facing.

Whether we agree or not is irrelevant. China I'd assume already has missiles targeted toward us. I don't recall us invading China. Ukraine hasn't to date invaded Russia because they have missiles pointed at them. Russia hasn't invaded either China or the US who no doubt have missiles pointed at them. Russia hasn't invaded the UK or any other European country and they no doubt have missiles pointed at them. It's such a flawed argument. I'll leave it there.

Whether we agree or not is irrelevant. China I'd assume already has missiles targeted toward us. I don't recall us invading China. Ukraine hasn't to date invaded Russia because they have missiles pointed at them. Russia hasn't invaded either China or the US who no doubt have missiles pointed at them. Russia hasn't invaded the UK or any other European country and they no doubt have missiles pointed at them. It's such a flawed argument. I'll leave it there.
Extremely aggressive .
No doubt US and Israeli led.

Last edited:
The US and Israel. The world police.
You're either with us or against us"

OK but they were warned not to put them there. Extremely aggressive .
No doubt US and Israeli led.

They haven't put them there. There is no justification. Nobody led anything. The Ukraine hadn't even initiated a request to join NATO. We haven't seen Russia invade Estonia or Latvia or Lithuania who all are NATO member states and could potentially put missiles on their border. This suggestion that the potential presence of missiles in the Ukraine should they join Nato is a justification is nothing but a crock.

Touched a nerve? Nobody can decipher what you mean by your rambling. You are the constant in everyone's confusion.

But yes, I'm sure it is everybody else who is the fool.

Odds that the 40s retirement was funded by a TPD payout for an acquired brain injury?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Do some posters really believe that Russia is entitled to invade Ukraine, decimate their buildings, infrastructure and kill their citizens?

Surely not, this 2023 not 1923.
There is at least one poster who seems to be pretty certain it was justified.

We might soon see some other "interesting" opinions now Albo has released the proposed referendum question.

I am betting on a few objections on the (spurious) "ground" that the amendment doesn't contain sufficient certainty on the make-up of the Voice so "this will allow the government to do whatever they want. In good conscience I can't say yes when I don't know what the final make-up will be".

For the record I am a Yes.

Do some posters really believe that Russia is entitled to invade Ukraine, decimate their buildings, infrastructure and kill their citizens?

I don't - Russia is paranoid with delusions of grandeur - refer Churchill - Winston Churchill defined Russia as "a riddle, wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma".

I've been informed by this thread that transphobia is the voice of Australian feminism.

That makes for an interesting alliance between the Nazis, Posie Parker, the Christian nutters in Sydney, and feminists. Some might call that claim a dumb tactic to try and hide/legitimise hatred, but who am I to doubt The Word.

Putin's a righteous guy. He tried to hand over power once to the Medvedev chap, but the love of his people --with the exceptions of those who've been assassinated or disappeared by the great man-- brought him back.

The Soviets lost 27 million people during WWII, which seems like a reasonable justification for an atrocity or two.

Cold War didn't happen. All roads lead back to (a) Hollywood (b) Israel or (c) both.

This thread is a corker.

I've been informed by this thread that transphobia is the voice of Australian feminism.

That makes for an interesting alliance between the Nazis, Posie Parker, the Christian nutters in Sydney, and feminists. Some might call that claim a dumb tactic to try and hide/legitimise hatred, but who am I to doubt The Word.

Putin's a righteous guy. He tried to hand over power once to the Medvedev chap, but the love of his people --with the exceptions of those who've been assassinated or disappeared by the great man-- brought him back.

The Soviets lost 27 million people during WWII, which seems like a reasonable justification for an atrocity or two.

Cold War didn't happen. All roads lead back to (a) Hollywood (b) Israel or (c) both.

This thread is a corker.
Pathway of ideas in this thread

Colors Satisfying GIF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It took a while for Posie to realise that this woman is an actual feminist, hijacking the podium, because Posie is a bit....well, slow.

When she finally caught on, Posie 'let women speak' Parker set about shutting her down.

Edit: Posie's tour has actually been heartening, because the turnouts have been poor.

Each 'event' has been a few isolated brain cells looking for a friend.

Australia is okay.

Last edited:
As it was then, so it is now. Thomas Mann radio address to Germany, 1941

2023-03-24 (2).png

'The resistance of England, the help it receives from America, are denounced by your leaders as “prolongation of the war”.

They demand “peace”. They who drip with the blood of their own people and that of other peoples dare to utter this word. Peace – by that they mean subjugation, the legalization of their crimes, the acceptance of the humanly unendurable.

But that is not possible. With a Hitler there can be no peace, because he is thoroughly incapable of peace, and because this word in his mouth is nothing but a dirty, pathological lie – like every other word which he ever gave or spoke.

As long as Hitler and his regime of arsonists remain, you Germans will not have peace, ever, under any circumstances. Always you will have to go on and on, as now, with the miserable acts of violence, be it only to prevent revenge, be it only to keep a gigantic and constantly growing hatred from devouring you.'

As it was then, so it is now. Thomas Mann radio address to Germany, 1941

View attachment 1638540

'The resistance of England, the help it receives from America, are denounced by your leaders as “prolongation of the war”.

They demand “peace”. They who drip with the blood of their own people and that of other peoples dare to utter this word. Peace – by that they mean subjugation, the legalization of their crimes, the acceptance of the humanly unendurable.

But that is not possible. With a Hitler there can be no peace, because he is thoroughly incapable of peace, and because this word in his mouth is nothing but a dirty, pathological lie – like every other word which he ever gave or spoke.

As long as Hitler and his regime of arsonists remain, you Germans will not have peace, ever, under any circumstances. Always you will have to go on and on, as now, with the miserable acts of violence, be it only to prevent revenge, be it only to keep a gigantic and constantly growing hatred from devouring you.'
Some regimes - like some people committed to avoiding the truth about personal or bigger issues - are pathological liars - it's a sad coping mechanism

Another Coalition thrashing in NSW.
Only Tassie left now?

Millennial and first time voters will have a huge influence on voting patterns in the future. LNP has a huge road ahead.

Good to see Pauline's party not doing so well.

Only Tassie left now?

Millennial and first time voters will have a huge influence on voting patterns in the future. LNP has a huge road ahead.

Good to see Pauline's party not doing so well.
Liberals are hamstrung by the coalition partners mid 20th century views. As well as the love affair they have with the Murdoch media.
Until they can stand on their own two feet and formulate policy for the 21st century they will continue to struggle to engage with the new electorate.
Take the current problem with the VIC Libs. The leader tried desperately to stamp his authority and rid his party of a member whose transphobic views are only supported by a very, very small minority of people. What happened? The Nats and the sky news lovers rebelled, mortally wounding his leadership.

It's quite obvious to me that the Libs have drifted too far to the left. I'm with Peta Crudlin on that.

Memo John Pesutto: hate isn't something to be hidden away or expelled; it is a blue-blood badge of honour. Phobias are phriends.

Liberals are hamstrung by the coalition partners mid 20th century views
Not sure I agree with this part of your post as the Nats have performed very well Federally, in Vic and also today in NSW.

I can't see country Australia changing their voting behaviour for many, many years to come.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad