All things Politics

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am just glad Labor is safely ensconced in all but one Australian state. Now I feel enveloped in a cocoon of safety. If I ever feel the need to make a large donation to the country's coffers, I need do no more than drive through a few red lights in a couple of states and my life savings will be wiped out in the flash of a camera.

There is nothing more comforting than the security of living in a tightly controlled society where the world's longest lockdowns can be instantly imposed should the need again arise, with the added bonus of knowing that high world oil prices don't impact drivers subject to a 5km limit.

What's not to love about this country's politics and politicians?
Still living in the past I see.
The electorate have had its say on the Victorian lockdowns. And it was an unreserved Danslide!
An increase in his Government’s majority.
So feel comfortable in the fact that right thinking Victorians have your back and are making sure you have good stable government who don’t feel the need to cower to the Nazis in the Liberal party.

Still living in the past I see.
The electorate have had its say on the Victorian lockdowns. And it was an unreserved Danslide!
An increase in his Government’s majority.
So feel comfortable in the fact that right thinking Victorians have your back and are making sure you have good stable government who don’t feel the need to cower to the Nazis in the Liberal party.
I entered covid a Labor supporter and exited a supporter of no one, but definitely a hater of being protected and molly coddled by a government. I don't see myself as living in the past, but I do see the past as shaping my view of the present and the future.

I am just glad Labor is safely ensconced in all but one Australian state. Now I feel enveloped in a cocoon of safety. If I ever feel the need to make a large donation to the country's coffers, I need do no more than drive through a few red lights in a couple of states and my life savings will be wiped out in the flash of a camera.

There is nothing more comforting than the security of living in a tightly controlled society where the world's longest lockdowns can be instantly imposed should the need again arise, with the added bonus of knowing that high world oil prices don't impact drivers subject to a 5km limit.

You should forget about money and concentrate on the babes...liberals need to do better in this area...

You should forget about money and concentrate on the babes...liberals need to do better in this area...

Libs are doing fine, just fine.

It might be true that the most powerful elected Liberal is a major of the Gold Coast or some such, but I feel sure that they're working hard behind the scenes and will soon emerge with a masterplan to take care of the things which really matter.

Like gender fluidity.

Libs are doing fine, just fine.

It might be true that the most powerful elected Liberal is a major of the Gold Coast or some such, but I feel sure that they're working hard behind the scenes and will soon emerge with a masterplan to take care of the things which really matter.

Like gender fluidity.

well that is a pressing question. I'd like to see them use more real women, instead of dressing up as one.......and more important initiatives like giving awards to royalty....

well that is a pressing question. I'd like to see them use more real women, instead of dressing up as one.......and more important initiatives like giving awards to royalty....
I felt compelled to do it - my inner monarchist just rose up in an uncontrollable surge of medieval emotions - I actually curtsied to my wife that night
Screenshot_20230403-214822~2.png

Got a song for you :)

Just wondering is the Donald on Trumped up charges?
That's all for TV. Trump will never be imprisoned.
Ridiculous to think otherwise.
Big yawn mate

These Kents are all in bed together.

Trust no one.

Big yawn mate

Trust no one.

Hard not to agree.

It is a flawed system in which someone like Don manages to keep himself out of prison.

But I suppose he's a superhero, after all.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hard not to agree.

It is a flawed system in which someone like Don manages to keep himself out of prison.

But I suppose he's a superhero, after all.

At least the NY legal process, and the impending ones in Georgia and Washington, are disrupting the serenity and golf of Trumpy

And Princess Ivanka has withdrawn from public support

Edit: just read Rupert has called off his marriage to the evangelical radio host / dental hygienist. Could it be that Melania is soon to be available?

Last edited:
At least the NY legal process, and the impending ones in Georgia and Washington, are disrupting the serenity and golf of Trumpy And Princess Ivanka has withdrawn from public support Edit: just read Rupert has called off his marriage to the evangelical radio host / dental hygienist. Could it be that Melania is soon to be available?
Could you make this up? Did Rupert advise the good lady by email, twitter or announce it on Fox news?

Tinder - look out

Big yawn mate

Trust no one.
Unlikely to get a jail term - probation maybe if found guilty.

Anyway, he has more serious court cases ahead, this case is just like the info/ad reel at the movies.

More popcorn please.:)

I'd call it the best or worst example of White privilege, that baby hands isn't already behind bars... but I'm not colour blind..
Orange you glad I posted...

In a state so intent on ensuring the safety of every individual, I could not believe that the transport minister called the e-scooter trial a great success, and has since today, released the riders onto main roads (which they are already here in St Kilda). My observation in my suburb is that they are anything but safe. There have been numerous accidents and injuries since the trial began. Many are ridden on footpaths where insurance is voided, and I would say at least half of the scooter riders do not wear a helmet. The weekend tourists frequently double up on them. I hope bike riders take note that helmets seem no longer to be a requirement on Melbourne roads.

I entered covid a Labor supporter and exited a supporter of no one, but definitely a hater of being protected and molly coddled by a government. I don't see myself as living in the past, but I do see the past as shaping my view of the present and the future.
They weren’t protecting you.
They were protecting vulnerable people from people like you.

So the Libs have decided against supporting the Voice.
Not shocked at all. The party of “no”, whenever it is forward looking.

I see they offer an alternative of Locally based committees or similar.
Why do they offer that? Because they know it can’t work. They know that by dividing the community they can never get agreement on the big issues.
It’s racism dressed up as policy.

In a state so intent on ensuring the safety of every individual, I could not believe that the transport minister called the e-scooter trial a great success, and has since today, released the riders onto main roads (which they are already here in St Kilda). My observation in my suburb is that they are anything but safe. There have been numerous accidents and injuries since the trial began. Many are ridden on footpaths where insurance is voided, and I would say at least half of the scooter riders do not wear a helmet. The weekend tourists frequently double up on them. I hope bike riders take note that helmets seem no longer to be a requirement on Melbourne roads.
Should we get the scooter riders to wear masks?

Actually, I would suggest many Aboriginal players would have to overcome barriers that other players would not have to.
Some might have an easier path too. Individuals have different life experiences. I just don't see the need for this endless focus on race. I would suggest that on every AFL list the indigenous players are their supporters' favourite players. The crowd noise always goes up a level when a classy indigenous player swoops on the pill. Irish players have to travel to a foreign land and leave all that was familiar behind them. There may be white players who have had to battle mental illness, homesickness, addiction and family issues which we will never know about but have had the courage and resilience to overcome them with their drive to succeed.

Some might have an easier path too. Individuals have different life experiences. I just don't see the need for this endless focus on race. I would suggest that on every AFL list the indigenous players are their supporters' favourite players. The crowd noise always goes up a level when a classy indigenous player swoops on the pill. Irish players have to travel to a foreign land and leave all that was familiar behind them. There may be white players who have had to battle mental illness, homesickness, addiction and family issues which we will never know about but have had the courage and resilience to overcome them with their drive to succeed.
You've got rocks in your head if you think coming from a WA outback community isn't a tougher journey to the AFL than for the majority. A Vic kid of that height, that athleticism and skill would have found himself at Caulfield Grammar on a full scholarship in an excellent school footy program and then played TAC Cup, before being drafted as an 18 year old.

Some very well may have had an easier path but most haven’t. Yes the crowd noise does go up, but unfortunately for close to 100 years so did the opposition noise. Go have a chat to Chris Lewis, Nicky Winmar, the Krakouer brothers and find out what crowds and players said to them every week. Yes many players have shown enormous courage to reach AFL but not many have had to go through the complete cultural shock that many Aboriginal boys and girls endured and the brutal racism Aboriginal players have experienced. You do realise many of the Aboriginal players cannot speak English when they arrive at clubs. Perhaps if we had did have an endless focus on race we wouldn’t still be hearing of cases of racial abuse against Aboriginal players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad