All things ROK (We don't need multiple threads)

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: O'Keefe keen to go to Carlton

If we trade pick 6 for someone who will be on the downhill when we're genuine chances for a flag, I will cry.

ROK is the same age as Fev, if we are going to win a flag with Fev (and most of us think we will) we will with ROK, in fact he would add another badly missing element to our forward line.

I would definately accept pick 6 + player for ROK and pick 12.

In todays market you would never give up a top 10 pick for a 27 year old. Particularly in such a strong draft when you are still 3-5 years away from your list reaching full potential.

To talk about this is ridiculous. Imagine giving up a Joel Selwood to get 2 years out of ROK at the twilight of his career. These are mistakes of the past. ROK is work pick 15 or 16 for a top team looking at a flag. This hasnt eventuated and ROK will now head into the PSD or Sydney will accept a favoaurable deal for Carlton today.

Either way we get a good last minute deal on ROK or he uses up a crucial selection in the PSD to enable Warnock to slip to Carlton.

With Prismall, Lovett, ROK and Warnock likely to be in the PSD it provides us with good opportunities particularly if they price themselves up.

Pick #6 stays with us, Freo have only themselves to blame. Now we offer #24 and a player for RoK and if the Swans reject that then fine, we keep #6 and 24 and get Warnock in the PSD. We could even get ROK in the PSD as he wants to come to the Blues and not anyone else.

At this stage i would be happy if the Swans made a deal where we get pick 6 and you get O'Keefe and pick 12. It will be better than nothing and it will keep O'Keefe away from those bastards at Hawthorn.

O'Keefe has made it clear to Swans coach Paul Roos that he wants to go to Carlton after backing out of a verbal agreement over a new lucrative deal, and Sydney remain adamant they want at least a first-round draft pick in return.

Problem is, what do we give Sydney as compensation.
Wonder if they'd accept #24 and Brad Fisher?

At this stage i would be happy if the Swans made a deal where we get pick 6 and you get O'Keefe and pick 12. It will be better than nothing and it will keep O'Keefe away from those bastards at Hawthorn.

I'd actually do that deal.
Would Sydney really do that though?

I'd actually do that deal.
Would Sydney really do that though?

I would imagine Paul Roos would if it was down to the last hour of the trade period. It wouldnt be too bad as it would mean the Swans have afew more options in the draft as we are in desperate need of forwards. Pick 6 could mean we could get someone like Yarren.

In todays market you would never give up a top 10 pick for a 27 year old. Particularly in such a strong draft when you are still 3-5 years away from your list reaching full potential.

To talk about this is ridiculous. Imagine giving up a Joel Selwood to get 2 years out of ROK at the twilight of his career. These are mistakes of the past. ROK is work pick 15 or 16 for a top team looking at a flag. This hasnt eventuated and ROK will now head into the PSD or Sydney will accept a favoaurable deal for Carlton today.

Either way we get a good last minute deal on ROK or he uses up a crucial selection in the PSD to enable Warnock to slip to Carlton.

With Prismall, Lovett, ROK and Warnock likely to be in the PSD it provides us with good opportunities particularly if they price themselves up.

I don't get why people don't get this!!!!

If you don't reckon O'Keefe will be around (if we get him) for our next premiership.... then lets trade Fev and get some more youngsters and pick, they are the same age after all:rolleyes::rolleyes:

In 2006, Hawthorn finished 11th and in 2008 they won the flag...... if we get a gun like O'Keefe (who is the best player in the league in the most important position that we need to fill) we will be fast tracked, and 2010 will be our year!!!

I would imagine Paul Roos would if it was down to the last hour of the trade period. It wouldnt be too bad as it would mean the Swans have afew more options in the draft as we are in desperate need of forwards. Pick 6 could mean we could get someone like Yarren.

Email me the paperwork, and we'll do the deal ourselves.
:thumbsu:

Nah i would rather pick 6 than ROK, purely for age. In 4 years when ROK is retired we will be watching zeibill get his first 30 possie, 4 goal game (for sydney)

I'm with you.

ROK is the same age as Fev, if we are going to win a flag with Fev (and most of us think we will) we will with ROK, in fact he would add another badly missing element to our forward line.

I would definately accept pick 6 + player for ROK and pick 12.

FWIW I don't know if we will win a flag with Fev - unless he's able to play to 32 or 33 and keep contributing. Our core of Murphy/Gibbs/Kruezer won't all be around 24 for another few years - thats our premiership window. Those guys tearing it up and an older Judd occasionally racking 'em up and hurting you by foot, playing a Crawford-type role (but who knows, the bloke's a freak he could still be copping 1st tag :D)

Problem is, what do we give Sydney as compensation.
Wonder if they'd accept #24 and Brad Fisher?

well i was thinking before.
now that Hall has gone micky O has retired and ROK wants out they will have to get a forward. so im hoping that fisher and 24.
or even had bentic to that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nah i would rather pick 6 than ROK, purely for age. In 4 years when ROK is retired we will be watching zeibill get his first 30 possie, 4 goal game (for sydney)

I agree. Your flag window will probably open in 3 or 4 years and by that time Fevola and O'keefe will be 32 and in their twilight. Better off keeping pick 6 for sure!

Pick 6 and player for ROK and 12 is a complete bargain.

With pick 12 we could get a KPP that might not be good enough for pick 6 but still a very good player.

All depends on who the player is also.

Minus Lovett, still contracted.

Pick 6 and player for ROK and 12 is a complete bargain.

With pick 12 we could get a KPP that might not be good enough for pick 6 but still a very good player.

All depends on who the player is also.

Pick 6 for ROK is a stupid move. Like I said you won't be in flag contention for another 3 to 5 years. By this time Fev and ROk will be past their prime. Carlton have to be patient and be smart.

FWIW I don't know if we will win a flag with Fev - unless he's able to play to 32 or 33 and keep contributing. Our core of Murphy/Gibbs/Kruezer won't all be around 24 for another few years - thats our premiership window. Those guys tearing it up and an older Judd occasionally racking 'em up and hurting you by foot, playing a Crawford-type role (but who knows, the bloke's a freak he could still be copping 1st tag :D)

I think your taking a very pessimistic view of the situation. I would only want O'Keefe if we get sydney's pick 12 out of the trade. Pick 12 will still be a very player and who knows a player that people think will go top 5 may slip that far.

With O'Keefe our window is from 2010 onwards, with a big chance in 2010. He will fast track our progression, I see him having nearly as big effect on the group as Juddy has, considering he is the best player in the league in the position we need to fill the most!!!

With O'Keefe 2010 is our year!!

Pick 6 for ROK is a stupid move. Like I said you won't be in flag contention for another 3 to 5 years. By this time Fev and ROk will be past their prime. Carlton have to be patient and be smart.

Alot of people thought Hawthorn were still a couple of years away, yet managed to win the flag this year. Who says Carlton couldn't be a chance in 2010?

Alot of people thought Hawthorn were still a couple of years away, yet managed to win the flag this year. Who says Carlton couldn't be a chance in 2010?

HBF couldn't agree with you more.... if only more people could open their eyes, and if we have pick 12 as well...

Lets hope Swanny can get the deal done and then pick up Warnock in the PSD, it would nearly be as good as last trade week/draft

In: O'Keefe, Warnock, pick 12 (+24 and another traded in player)
Out: pick 6 and another player we send to Sydney (Bentick etc)

I know which one I would prefer:thumbsu::thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

All things ROK (We don't need multiple threads)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back