Player Watch All time Pendlebury records watch

Remove this Banner Ad

I'll start off by saying I love Pendles and he is still my favourite player. But we should be telling him this is his last year. Same with at least another older player. We can't afford to have 5 or 6 players retiring at the same time.

Geelong have the same problem with Hawkins. They are better without him now but can't seem to say farewell. I guess for them, injury to Hawkins has been a blessing.

I reckon Pendles will hang them up this year too. If he was a chance to get the all time record next year I reckon he'd push on, but at this point he'd have to play every game between here and the 2025 GF, including having the Pies play all three finals both years to break it in the GF next year. So basically would need the 2026 season to do it, and he surely won't play that year.

Hey Tippy, who is the team that Pendles has the worst win/loss recod against?

Sent from my SM-A556E using BigFooty.com mobile app
Win % from winningest to least winningest as follows

=1 Carlton & GCS - 73%
3 Adelaide - 71%
4 Nth Melb - 68%
5 Brisbane - 65%
= 6 Essendon & Swans - 64%
8 Melbourne - 63%
9 StKilda - 62%
10 Doggies - 60%
11 Port - 59%
12 WCE - 58%
=13 Freo & Richmond - 57%
15 GWS - 56%
16 Geelong - 48%
17 Hawthorn - 31%

Updates made after the Geelong loss. Below par game from the GOAT and I'm in the camp that his bicep tear is still hindering him and hoping he comes good soon and inks another 1 year deal to play on in 2025.

Some key notes below:

• Still in 23rd place for longest careers due to an error on my part last week. Looks like officially it counts your career from the date you play, not the current date. Will definitely move into 22nd next week if he plays!
  • As mentioned elsewhere, will play his 300th game with Sidey this week if both are picked. Needs another one after that to move into 3rd of all time
  • Going backwards to Dangerfield in both contested possessions (2nd chasing 1st) and clearances (5th chasing 4th)
  • Going backwards to Boak in inside 50s (5th chasing 4th)

Never before has the phrase "You're only as good as your last game" been more relevant than in this thread.

In Pendles' last 7 games prior to the Geelong one he got 23, 22, 28, 30, 23, 18, 24 disposals and kicked 5 goals. Now after one sub par game he apparently needs to be shunted and he gets accused of playing on solely for records. Ridiculous.

Updates made after the dismal loss to the Hawks.

Some key notes:

• Moved in 21st of all time for longest careers and now chasing Jack Dyer
  • If Sidey plays he will move into 3rd for most times with teammate
  • A chance to move into the top 10 for kicks if he can snag 13 of them against the Tigers
  • Has fallen further back against Dangerfield and Boak for clearances, inside 50s and Contested Possessions

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Collingwood's Scott Pendlebury and Steele Sidebottom will play their 301st game together. They will become the 3rd VFL/AFL pairing to play 301 games together drawing level with Adam Goodes & Jude Bolton.

I reckon Pendles will hang them up this year too. If he was a chance to get the all time record next year I reckon he'd push on, but at this point he'd have to play every game between here and the 2025 GF, including having the Pies play all three finals both years to break it in the GF next year. So basically would need the 2026 season to do it, and he surely won't play that year.
To all Collingwood supporters your club champion Scott Pendlebury plays his 400th game this week CONGRATULATIONS to him wish him all the best.
Now to say Pendlebury should retire this year I believe if anyone should break Brent Harvey record it should be him let him play on it’s not like Pendlebury is getting tackled and dragged to the ground every time he goes near the ball and struggling to play.
Mind you if that piece of 💩 who now coaches the Red and Black scum had let Harvey play on he would gone 2 more years which would have got him pass 450+ games.

Updates made after the WIN against the Tigers.

Some key updates below:

• Moved into 3rd of all time for games played with a teammate. Next target is Joel Selwood and Tom Hawkins who are 4 games away... Will Steele play on? Is he contracted next year? If so, then this will be the GOATs next all time number 1 category
  • Obviously one more game for #SP400. He will also move into the top 5 for games played
  • Didn't get the 13 kicks need to pass Brad Johnson, but surely this week he gets the 5 needed to move into the top 10 for kicks
The news of at least one more year is brilliant and gives him a chance to chase down a few more things. Just needs Hawkins (Wins, Finals, maybe goal assists), Boak (inside 50s) and Dangerfield (Clearances, Contested possessions) to retire!!

I wish I could get to the G this weekend, but will be watching in my living room instead. I hope it's standing room only to honour the great man.

Updates made after the WIN against the Tigers.

Some key updates below:

• Moved into 3rd of all time for games played with a teammate. Next target is Joel Selwood and Tom Hawkins who are 4 games away... Will Steele play on? Is he contracted next year? If so, then this will be the GOATs next all time number 1 category
  • Obviously one more game for #SP400. He will also move into the top 5 for games played
  • Didn't get the 13 kicks need to pass Brad Johnson, but surely this week he gets the 5 needed to move into the top 10 for kicks
The news of at least one more year is brilliant and gives him a chance to chase down a few more things. Just needs Hawkins (Wins, Finals, maybe goal assists), Boak (inside 50s) and Dangerfield (Clearances, Contested possessions) to retire!!

I wish I could get to the G this weekend, but will be watching in my living room instead. I hope it's standing room only to honour the great man.
The next number 1 to keep an eye on that he seems a monty for if he's playing next year is the goal assists. Will pass Eddie Betts for number 1 all time next year

The next number 1 to keep an eye on that he seems a monty for if he's playing next year is the goal assists. Will pass Eddie Betts for number 1 all time next year
It’ll be touch and go… he’s 20 behind and has averaged 0.75 assists per game across his career. Means he’d need another 26 games to pass Eddie. Hopefully he keeps healthy and contributing so he plays most games in 2025.

He’s also only 2 ahead of Hawkins who averages 0.82 so if he carries on again it’s going to be a tight race for 1st!!

Congratulations to the great man on the eve of #400. We all have our moments hating on one club or another, or on one serial pest type player or another, but there are those rarest of players like Scott that everyone would love in their club's 22 and who just seem to be all round decent human beings. Cheers, and I will be more happy than usual if you celebrate the occasion with a big win over your old enemy. Hopefully we softened them up a bit for ya last week ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch All time Pendlebury records watch

Remove this Banner Ad

Back