Preview Always Look on the Bright, Side of Life! 1st Elimination Final - Carlton vs. Sydney [Stay Tuned...]

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Always Look on the Bright, Side of Life! 1st Elimination Final - Carlton vs. Sydney [Stay Tuned.

The plus with Jacobs is he's a good bail out option from the kick ins...Hammer's marking was down last night but I actually like his efforts early on

Re: Always Look on the Bright, Side of Life! 1st Elimination Final - Carlton vs. Sydney [Stay Tuned.

I wouldn't play Carrazzo if there is any doubt at all. Never take injured players into finals. Goodes will be a tough matchup next week. If Andrew Walker was playing well, he'd be the one i'd go with. Not sure we really have anyone to go with him.

I wouldn't play Carrazzo if there is any doubt at all. Never take injured players into finals. Goodes will be a tough matchup next week. If Andrew Walker was playing well, he'd be the one i'd go with. Not sure we really have anyone to go with him.

yeah, is it worth sacrificing Gibbs' game to nullify Goodes?

...i say yes

One strange positive out of last night as well, is the potential Semi Final opponent we will have in Week 2 of the Finals if we beat Sydney.

If we do happen to beat Sydney, we will play the loser from Pies/Bulldogs which will almost certainly be the Dogs given their treacherous run of injuries and form.

They would be far easier to beat than either Geelong or St Kilda which would have been our Week 2 opponents if we did win last night.

I know this is being very optimistic and perhaps thinking too far forward, but if we get past the Swans we may indeed go deeper into Sept than we may have thought!

yeah, is it worth sacrificing Gibbs' game to nullify Goodes?

...i say yes

Computer says no. :p

Shaun Grigg is ready. Give him the challenge. If he completes the mission successfully we'll be well on the way to an upset win.

You never know.

Sydney have been in good form, and the Lions seemingly have no chance without Brown/Fev.

It is these sort of games that can be the catalyst for an upset.

Sydney aren't a top team yet - they are yet to have consistency much like us. A win isn't going to lose them a spot in the draft order, so they would love for nothing else than to finish the year on a high note, and put that win behind them.

When the lions get a bit of a roll on at their home ground, they are hard to stop.

Wishful thinking maybe...

I will be booking my flights when the Sydney v Brisbane game result is beyond doubt.
Do we have any idea whether this will be Saturday day/night or Sunday day? What is the best way to get tickets to sit with Carlton supporters? through the club?

BC,
Ordinary game from Hammer admittedly, but this post is unnecessary.

Please make some effort to be:
-informative
-entertaining
-constructive

I thought I did....... He was uselesssssss once again when the going gets tuff.

He was no help out there last night, Jacob's had a better game than him last week and straight away they put hampson back in to do absolutely nothingggggggggggggg. Warnock held his own but couldn't do it by himself, and Hampson might as well been sitting on the bench thats how much impact he had on the game. Driving home last night heard he only had 1 kick tell me how the hell are we suppose to win a game when your Ruckman come forwarder gets 1 kick, then I'll shut up.

He made me sick watching him and his piss poor attempts at getting the ball. He looked lost out there last night and it was makeing me sick watching him with that stupid look on his face as he has done for a few years now.

Plsssssssssssssss Rat's drop him before its to late.

Re: Always Look on the Bright, Side of Life! 1st Elimination Final - Carlton vs. Fockers

Please remove Robbo, I beg you!!
really got under the skin of Freo. Had his usual energy. Deiscipline and disposal was poor
Unless you have somebody better to replace him with he stays. Who in the Ants offers more?

Re: Always Look on the Bright, Side of Life! 1st Elimination Final - Carlton vs. Fockers

really got under the skin of Freo. Had his usual energy. Deiscipline and disposal was poor
Unless you have somebody better to replace him with he stays. Who in the Ants offers more?

I love Robbo but if both McLean and Hadley do well one/maybe both of them would surely come in against the swans that smashed us in contested ball last time...also, gunslinger look out on TV last night gave no result :p

Robbo looked very slow last night - his man ran off him a number of times, and provided them with the easy pass through the middle far too often because of it.

I love Robbo but if both McLean and Hadley do well one/maybe both of them would surely come in against the swans that smashed us in contested ball last time...also, gunslinger look out on TV last night gave no result :p
I kept a low profile but if you look carefully in the last qtr behind the Freo goals you will see some big bloke yelling a lot at a hobbit named Balla

(Log in to remove this ad.)

One strange positive out of last night as well, is the potential Semi Final opponent we will have in Week 2 of the Finals if we beat Sydney.

If we do happen to beat Sydney, we will play the loser from Pies/Bulldogs which will almost certainly be the Dogs given their treacherous run of injuries and form.

They would be far easier to beat than either Geelong or St Kilda which would have been our Week 2 opponents if we did win last night.

I know this is being very optimistic and perhaps thinking too far forward, but if we get past the Swans we may indeed go deeper into Sept than we may have thought!

:thumbsu: Positive- I like it. I actually prefer the cards falling the way they appear to be than if we'd got the hawks in Melbourne. ANZ stadium is a good size for our brand of footy and not so great for the Swans. Far from disastrous.

He was no help out there last night, Jacob's had a better game than him last week and straight away they put hampson back in to do absolutely nothingggggggggggggg. Warnock held his own but couldn't do it by himself, and Hampson might as well been sitting on the bench thats how much impact he had on the game. Driving home last night heard he only had 1 kick tell me how the hell are we suppose to win a game when your Ruckman come forwarder gets 1 kick, then I'll shut up.

He made me sick watching him and his piss poor attempts at getting the ball. He looked lost out there last night and it was makeing me sick watching him with that stupid look on his face as he has done for a few years now.

Well if it isn't Mrs Negativity.
You wouldn't know contructive if it bit you on the end of your nose
Yes, he had a bad game, coming off an injury, but there were others out there that also had bad games. Don't see you ripping shreds off them.

Well if it isn't Mrs Negativity.
You wouldn't know contructive if it bit you on the end of your nose
Yes, he had a bad game, coming off an injury, but there were others out there that also had bad games. Don't see you ripping shreds off them :mad:

I heard that if we play the Swans it will be Sunday afternoon, does this sound right?

life-of-brian_1374284c.jpg

logo.gif

i wouldnt go nuts with dropping too many players.

Carrazzo out - Hadley in as we desperately needed someone tough in and under and to help judd break free..hadley has been good at all the past month and he was missed.

Walker in: we need his run, yes he needs to be abel to contest in marking situations, but as a running player, would rather see him in the team than not in the team.

CHB - i still think lack a big bodied player in that defence. Bower played well considering the ball was pounded a 1000 times into that freo forward line, it would just be nice to have a bigger body down there to help out bower and jamison. Is it austin or a player like setanta, i really dont know...but we need to have another big player down there.

i would keep yarran in, he has missed a few weeks through injury, he was never going to come back and play brilliant..his second game will be better..hopefull betts gets into form soon.

I would leave Hampson in, we can stretch defences playing him deep in that forward line...no doubt we look better when kicking long and with players like grigg running those lines, taking on tackles and kicking it long, hampson gives us that option...warnock and jacobs are ruck players or bench players.

Last but least, Gibbs must play in that midfield...he did fairly well at times in defence, but his biggest assets are finding the ball and kicking...something that is better offered in midfield rather than deep in the backline.

Why do Collingwood always choke at the business end of the season? Not surprised they got rolled. Looking at the Pies VFL team I still can't work out where this media myth of "Collingwoods Depth" comes from.

:)

But what is it that we really want to see? Our team go deep into September just for the sake of saying we made it to a prelim? Or our team going deep into September on merit and because they are truly among the top 4 teams in the comp?

Obviously, we are not top 4 yet and no-one - not even us die-hard fans - could have expected us to go too far this year.

I just want to see us get through whatever games we play for the rest of the year without suffering any more long-term injuries to key players and showing the intensity that we have for the last month.

Hannebery and Kennelly out for the Swans, could Brisbane possibly steal this one? Still very doubtful but gee it would be nice.
Still not sure if it would be a good thing to go back to Freo, but those two are pretty handy outs for Brisbane.

Last year's a spur: Gibbs

"Anything can happen and this time of the year is exciting. Our goal at the start of the year was to play finals after doing that last year, and now our next step as a group is to win a final - and we'll be ready to go," Gibbs said.

"We have bottled that up since last year and it really did hurt. We had a good buffer at three-quarter time and let it slip. We'll make sure we don’t make the same mistake again. With the form we've got leading into it and if we keep it going, then anything can happen."

Last year's a spur: Gibbs

Always look on the bright side...

Lucky we lost yesterday, otherwise a rampaging Hawthorn beckons.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview Always Look on the Bright, Side of Life! 1st Elimination Final - Carlton vs. Sydney [Stay Tuned...]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back