Roast An Apology to Nick Larkey

Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 25, 2007
Quinten Lynch's Glove
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur
Hello Shinboners. I am Mop of the WCE board.

I owe an apology to your gun forward, Nick Larkey.

I made comments, repeatedly, that I didn’t think he was that good because basically.. he only beat the piss out of us and we are a rabble.

Don’t get me wrong. I am aware he has been your top scorer for the last few years, but last time we bottomed out we had Ben McKinley look a million bucks when the reality was he just… wasn’t, which we learned as soon as we got less mediocre.

We’re not really sure where Freo are at, but I suspect they’re a decent side just out of form. It doesn’t matter.

Nick Larkey was nothing short of exceptional. His marking, his positioning and most of all his goal kicking.
This is me, putting my hand up saying I got it wrong. He looks the proper business and I suspect he’ll do it against anyone for a long time to come.

Nick, if you’re reading this, I’ll buy you a beer next time you’re in WA.

Last edited:
Hello Shinboners. I am Mop of the WCE board.

I owe an apology to your gun forward, Nick Larkey.

I made comments, repeatedly, that I didn’t think he was that good because basically.. he only beat the piss out of us and we are a rabble.

Don’t get me wrong. I am aware he has been your top scorer for the last few years, but last time we bottomed out we had Ben McKinley look a million bucks when the reality was he just… wasn’t, which we learned as soon as we got less mediocre.

We’re not really sure where Freo are at, but I suspect they’re a decent side just out of form. It doesn’t matter.

Nick Larkey was nothing short of exceptional. His marking, his positioning and most of all his goal kicking.
This is me, putting my hand up saying I got it wrong. He looks the proper business and I suspect he’ll do it against anyone for a long time to come.

Nick, if you’re reading this, I’ll buy you a beer next time you’re in WA.

This post could have been from a number of posters on this board. Then I realised you were apologising, and there is no chance the Larkey haters on here would do that.

He's kicked 6 straight then 4 straight. If he misses any of those goals we probably don't win those games given the margins. And some of those shots have been wide and close to the boundary.

Unbelievably accurate, in an era where other forwards have struggled with that aspect of the game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's a bit ordinary, mate
Nah I love it - been a rough few years for you blokes and you’re still here as one of the best bunch of supporters in world sport. More of it. Double down. **** everyone else

i might have missed some chatter about this, or maybe just nobody wants to jinx it, but i wonder how many he can kick before he misses. whats the record?

Nah I love it - been a rough few years for you blokes and you’re still here as one of the best bunch of supporters in world sport. More of it. Double down. * everyone else
Fair enough. I was just so shocked someone took notice of a North player not named LDU that I rolled out the red carpet for you. If it's not necessary though, no worries

Remove this Banner Ad

Back